Power-Up 2.8.2

Briansk12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost
I just got a notification that my truck just updated to Power-Up 2.8.2.

Future Proofing your F-150

The biggest change we made is to begin prepping your truck so that is can easily receive even more sophisticated updates from us in the future. An additional download will arrive soon to complete the process. We also made small enhancements in a couple of other areas.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Briansk12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost
Just got 2.8.3

Ford Power-Up 2.8.3 The functionality of your rear view cameras has been improved. For starters, some camera views are now available while your vehicle is in motion. To monitor your cargo area or trailer, simply press your camera button and use the center high-mounted stop lamp camera (if equipped) or rear view camera, or watch the view from a trailer auxiliary camera (bought and installed separately). We’ve also added a Picture-in-Picture (PIP) capability to the Trailer Reverse Guidance feature, so you can simultaneously monitor two camera views. This split view allows you to view Trailer Reverse Guidance cameras and your choice of either the center high-mounted stop lamp camera view or the trailer auxiliary camera (bought and installed separately) at the same time to ensure the best visibility while backing your trailer into the tightest of spots. Ongoing updates like this help you enjoy the best possible version of your F-150® truck.

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I don't have 2.8.2 but the bed camera view became operational (when driving) after my BlueCruise update.

OP
OP

Briansk12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost
Mine has also been working since like 2.5 something. Not sure why they say that is new.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Mine has also been working since like 2.5 something. Not sure why they say that is new.
Man you’ve had the best luck of anyone I have seen with OTAs.

Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
My truck was built in July and I haven't seen any updates....

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Just got 2.8.3

Ford Power-Up 2.8.3 The functionality of your rear view cameras has been improved. For starters, some camera views are now available while your vehicle is in motion. To monitor your cargo area or trailer, simply press your camera button and use the center high-mounted stop lamp camera (if equipped) or rear view camera, or watch the view from a trailer auxiliary camera (bought and installed separately). We’ve also added a Picture-in-Picture (PIP) capability to the Trailer Reverse Guidance feature, so you can simultaneously monitor two camera views. This split view allows you to view Trailer Reverse Guidance cameras and your choice of either the center high-mounted stop lamp camera view or the trailer auxiliary camera (bought and installed separately) at the same time to ensure the best visibility while backing your trailer into the tightest of spots. Ongoing updates like this help you enjoy the best possible version of your F-150® truck.
What’s the specs on your truck?

I’m a fully loaded 302A still looking for this type of update to add functionality.

i see ford is talking about that auxiliary camera again. Do they even offer one yet that works with our trucks ??

blackhawkrider

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F-150 PowerBoost
Just got 2.8.3

Are you in EAP? What settings do you leave your truck in for OTA? Auto Update? Scheduled Days? WIFI on or off? I'm at 2.1.1 trying to catch up.

Thanks!

OP
OP

Briansk12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost
I am in EAP. I have mine checking updates every day and am on WIFI

Sponsored

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
What's EAP? I have a January 2021 302A and I'm stuck at 2.3.1 for months.

JFR0317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
I got 2.8.3 yesterday. Interestingly, I had gotten rear view, bed view, and hitch view cameras at speed with 2.5.3, but after getting 2.8.2, I only had bed view and hitch view available. After getting 2.8.3, I now have all three views available again.

HawkeyeOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Lol. My truck is now only on 2.1.1 after months of having no actual updates or notifications at all.

blackhawkrider

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F-150 PowerBoost
I am in EAP. I have mine checking updates every day and am on WIFI
Thanks. I'd really love to know as well as others how the Ford Mothership Cloud pushes OTAs to each truck. I'm on 2.1.1 and can see the As-Builts change over night after an OTA, so the data must be going to the cloud to confirm successful updates. What's the trigger(s) for the Cloud to push back for the next OTA / Powerup? Hopefully someday someone will crack it!

SharkAttack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Is there anywhere to find the text of this update that isn't on the truck itself? I am in an ongoing battle with Ford about this exact functionality.
Sponsored