Power-up 2.1

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I do agree, and I also know that like everyone else, they're short-staffed and over-booked. I really do sympathize with the dealers' position in this mess, but at the same time, it really is an obligation of theirs to work with us as they are Ford's representation to owners.

Maybe mine is just a dealer-specific gripe, but when I'm scheduling repeat-service on a truck with less than 12k miles about issues that have been present from day one, I expect a little more understanding. On my last visit I dropped the truck off on a Tuesday night. As of Friday afternoon, no one had even looked at it. 35 minutes after that call, I got the notification that the service had been "completed", which was essentially a recommendation that my phone charger (which was only a few weeks old at the time) was the likely cause. The damn cluster was literally reset IN THE LOT when I picked it up!

To me, that translates to "we have no idea what the issue is, we have no interest whatsoever in helping you resolve it, and we will do whatever necessary to deflect any responsibility for it".
Yes, some situations there is nothing the dealer can do. Example there is a issue with the generator I believe. errors popping up about the generator not available I believe. The issue is known and the dealer has no solution. Ford has no solution. The dealer though gets the heat.

This is a really bad performance from Ford. They have had some time now with the Mach E to get this dialed in. They still though seem to not know what is going on. We referenced it in another thread, but their incessant need to have different part numbers for every car is ridiculous. If they would just stop and realize that thinking is stupid and out of date.

Some of the pain comes from paying more than ever for these trucks with the promise of new features and updates seamlessly rolling out while the truck is parked in your driveway. They have not hit that mark, examples - cameras in motion(required dealer update), onboard scales, the dynamic suspension, these are all features rolled out in June/July. How sick do some of the people feel that paid for a limited they thought would be the fully loaded truck to now know they missed out on some things like these. I would be sick.

End of day Ford needs to take a better approach on communication and training for their dealers. if they dont start to have some training they are going to have big problems. There is no excuse to not have a staff of techs trained on these updates and what is in them and what they do or fix. Ford also needs to be more proactive on letting customers know about issues they are aware of and are working on. They have the ability to directly communicate with the end user and could release the dealers of a lot of stress and trouble if they just would drop a note in fordpass about issues and update progress and update release dates and so on.

I hope things get smoothed out. Its also par for the course with a first gen or anything. We all get the issues and the next year model gets the benefits of our beta testing.
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
The Cluster /Speedometer? There is no update for those outside the very early ones. They had an update to fix an issue that a character in a contact name causes it to reset when a call comes through from that person.

Outside that the newer trucks have an update but I dont see any difference in it in terms of visual or menus.
Dang, so that means we can NEVER get an update so that our trailer setup menu can use stickers? Or monitor the added TPMS? This initially got me riled up when folks were asking about installing the TPMS and how it says "no TPMS installed" on the "Trailer Tire Info" screen and us old timers had no clue where this menu option was so he posted a picture. The first picture is from a user wanting to install the TPMS (and I believe also had the sticker option), and the 2nd picture is MINE that has never ever had this "Trailer Tire Info" sub menu option.

So that's why I started thinking that the cluster head unit has nothing to do with the Sync head unit as far as updates. I don't really care about the TPMS but if I'm missing *something* then I'm missing possibly other things I really want like BED CAMERA WHILE DRIVING. At least Ford acknowledged that the limitation was silly and removed it but not removed it for all :(

Ford F-150 Power-up 2.1 1640122798380

Ford F-150 Power-up 2.1 1640122910627

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Dang, so that means we can NEVER get an update so that our trailer setup menu can use stickers? Or monitor the added TPMS? This initially got me riled up when folks were asking about installing the TPMS and how it says "no TPMS installed" on the "Trailer Tire Info" screen and us old timers had no clue where this menu option was so he posted a picture. The first picture is from a user wanting to install the TPMS (and I believe also had the sticker option), and the 2nd picture is MINE that has never ever had this "Trailer Tire Info" sub menu option.

So that's why I started thinking that the cluster head unit has nothing to do with the Sync head unit as far as updates. I don't really care about the TPMS but if I'm missing *something* then I'm missing possibly other things I really want like BED CAMERA WHILE DRIVING. At least Ford acknowledged that the limitation was silly and removed it but not removed it for all :(

1640122798380.png

1640122910627.png
I can’t say never. As of now there isn’t. There could be many updates coming. The ipc is on the Ethernet so OTA is possible. The camera in motion is available for all now if you take your truck to get the ipma updated. It takes 3-6 hours.
The cluster is odd because apim updates can affect its perceived function while it also has its own updates that will affect it also. The apim update added CarPlay directions in cluster. So that’s a perceived ipc update that was actually an apim update. Same as the phone contacts in cluster with CarPlay.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
I stated this in a different thread. Those of you that are not/have not received updates should take their truck to get manually updated at the dealer. the issue is the gateway module needs to be updated to get the OTAs for early builds.

You need to update so you can get updates.

It is a mess, but if you do that then you should be in place to start getting updates.
We’ve done that. Our dealer has tried a few times. The engineers at Ford are a bit perplexed. Going back after Jan 1. Awaiting on Ford engineers.
Ya shouldn't keep saying manual updates will solve prob. We’ve tried at least 3 times. Still no go. We shall see.

artificial_airspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Powerboost Lariat 2WD
Here’s what’s worked for me consistently the past few days to go from Power-Up 1.4 to 1.7.1 to 2.1 to 2.1.1 in an accelerated amount of time. I consistently wasn’t receiving updates like many others here.

1.) Sync 4 Master Reset
- Yes this is inconvenient and clunky just to receive updates. I’m not sure why it works, but it does *for me anyways, your experience may vary*

2.) Following the Sync 4 Master Reset
- Connect to a consistent Wi-Fi Network.
- Reactivate FordPass Connectivity from your FordPass App
- Accept FordPass Prompt on Sync 4

3.) Just wait. Each update has downloaded in the background and without any notice or explanation. Usually within 1 or 2 days I’ll get the FordPass notification of an update being installed.

4.) Do this process every time after an update until you get to the desired version # (currently 2.1.1 for almost everyone I think?)

Facts: Yes, this is an annoying and clunky method to receive Power-Up updates. Yes, I hope @Ford Motor Company fixes this atrocious rollout of OTA updates. Yes, this is working for me so hopefully it’ll work for you too. I truly hope it helps folks get the updates they’re waiting on.

Sponsored

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
Well, I went for 6 months with no update, now I’ve gone to 1.7.1 and now to 2.1.0 in just a few days!

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
Here Company[/USER]Yes, this is working for me so hopefully it’ll work for you too. I truly hope it helps folks get the updates they’re waiting on.
Sincerely appreciated! I'm more than willing to give it a shot... I actually did this once not long after I got the truck in the hopes it would solve my dash cluster issues, but that may very likely have been before any updates were released.

RyanStroeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost - Leadfoot
Here’s what’s worked for me consistently the past few days to go from Power-Up 1.4 to 1.7.1 to 2.1 to 2.1.1 in an accelerated amount of time. I consistently wasn’t receiving updates like many others here.

1.) Sync 4 Master Reset
- Yes this is inconvenient and clunky just to receive updates. I’m not sure why it works, but it does *for me anyways, your experience may vary*

2.) Following the Sync 4 Master Reset
- Connect to a consistent Wi-Fi Network.
- Reactivate FordPass Connectivity from your FordPass App
- Accept FordPass Prompt on Sync 4

3.) Just wait. Each update has downloaded in the background and without any notice or explanation. Usually within 1 or 2 days I’ll get the FordPass notification of an update being installed.

4.) Do this process every time after an update until you get to the desired version # (currently 2.1.1 for almost everyone I think?)

Facts: Yes, this is an annoying and clunky method to receive Power-Up updates. Yes, I hope @Ford Motor Company fixes this atrocious rollout of OTA updates. Yes, this is working for me so hopefully it’ll work for you too. I truly hope it helps folks get the updates they’re waiting on.
How do you do the sync 4 master reset? is it the same as holding the power button and seek right?

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
How do you do the sync 4 master reset? is it the same as holding the power button and seek right?
You can find the master reset function within the Sync system menus. If I recall correctly, I think it's under Settings > General > System Reset.

Sponsored

oldschool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 escape, '04 f150, '03 fjr1300, 21 xlt PB 2wd
Occupation
retired
I just got notified that 2.1.1 was installed. I had 2.1.0 prior.
Anyone know the difference from 2.1.0 to 2.1.1 ? Will the trailer stickers work with either of these?

PlatDrG

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 4x4 PowerBoost
Anyone know the difference from 2.1.0 to 2.1.1 ? Will the trailer stickers work with either of these?
Received my 2.1.1 update yesterday as well. In the details, simply lists 'Horn and Lights added' with some details but already had that on my app. Still not able to work with XM so using the Android app for my XM channels.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I can’t say never. As of now there isn’t. There could be many updates coming. The ipc is on the Ethernet so OTA is possible. The camera in motion is available for all now if you take your truck to get the ipma updated. It takes 3-6 hours.
The cluster is odd because apim updates can affect its perceived function while it also has its own updates that will affect it also. The apim update added CarPlay directions in cluster. So that’s a perceived ipc update that was actually an apim update. Same as the phone contacts in cluster with CarPlay.
So in order to have the cameras work while driving like the superduty, we just ask the dealer to update our IPMA?
Sponsored