Power-Up 2.8.2

BlindSnapper

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 XLT
After reviewing I do not. I got confused by the email I was sent almost a year ago. SMH
I got the same email from ford stating, “Your vehicle is already equipped with the necessary hardware for this feature.” Looks like I won’t be getting it after all. I didn’t initially expect it but now it is a let down.

blacklion6

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 501A, 3.5 PB
Occupation
Government
I got the same email from ford stating, “Your vehicle is already equipped with the necessary hardware for this feature.” Looks like I won’t be getting it after all. I didn’t initially expect it but now it is a let down.
Same. I wish they would have sent a follow-up email to limit confusion, especially since everything is Co-Pilot 360 "XXX." Like what marketing person came up with this crap?

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
Got my first OTA update ever sometime this week. v2.8.3.

For reference. My build started sometime in June (job 2?), received my non-BC powerboost sometime in September of '21. Only issues I've had to-date was the ominous leaking heat exchanger and par-for-the-course minor recalls.

Still happy with the purchase (and MPGs). Encouraged OTA updates may begin flowing regularly now.

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
Probably your battery strength. If you have a battery charger would suggest leaving it hooked up overnight.
This is interesting. Does the truck wifi+sync system need both hybrid battery and normal 12v battery charge for the OTA to function?

Just wondering if it it's better to put away the truck with full hybrid battery charge on scheduled patch nights.

Sponsored

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
I have the 12" screen in my 2021 Lariat, and it's under Settings, About Sync. If you go there, get that info and then head over to the Ford Sync 4 wiki page that lists all the versions and updates, you should be able to match up where you are on your truck.
Awesome thanks! so would it be one of these?

appreciate the help i'm lost with tech, give me a carburetor and i'll make 'er purr like a kitten!

Ford F-150 Power-Up 2.8.2 verdsion

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
Awesome thanks! so would it be one of these?

appreciate the help i'm lost with tech, give me a carburetor and i'll make 'er purr like a kitten!

verdsion.jpg
No problem!

Now, go to this website here and you can match up what you took a picture of there against the different update stages. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Power-Up_Version_History

Edit: I don't see your version on that wiki called out specifically. But, I do find other threads of people that have your version and they hadn't had any updates yet. So, I suspect that your version actually maps to the very bottom row in that wiki which would be the initial version that came from the factory. All the updates listed on that wiki are sequentially higher than what you have. Given that you don't believe you've gotten an update yet, and all the updates listed are above your version, I think it's safe to say that you're on the initial version that came with your truck.

Last edited:

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
I know this is beating a dead horse, but Ford's OTA updates blow. I wish Ford would have taken a page from Apple's playbook for software updates. Say what you want about Apple and yes I drink heavily from the Kool Aid jug, but I just received an update for my MacBook Pro. It asked do I want to do it now, wait one hr, try later tonight or remind me tomorrow. I have been on 2.7.4 since June 18th, nothing since then . Job 1 built June 23rd, 2021. I suppose I shouldn't complain as I have a problem free truck, but I and a lot of others were promised Blue Cruise and a host of other improvements Via OTA. Alright , I'm done bitching!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
While I respect your desire for Ford OTA to be similar to one of the giants at doing so, but somehow I don't believe Apple, or Samsung or Microsoft...... were anywhere near as proficient (at what we all take for granted these days) in their first year or two at it?

Admittedly an update failure or snafu on an $80,000 rolling computer is more frustrating. :)

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
No problem!

Now, go to this website here and you can match up what you took a picture of there against the different update stages. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Power-Up_Version_History

Edit: I don't see your version on that wiki called out specifically. But, I do find other threads of people that have your version and they hadn't had any updates yet. So, I suspect that your version actually maps to the very bottom row in that wiki which would be the initial version that came from the factory. All the updates listed on that wiki are sequentially higher than what you have. Given that you don't believe you've gotten an update yet, and all the updates listed are above your version, I think it's safe to say that you're on the initial version that came with your truck.
thanks very informative! Yeah I think that makes a lot of sense.

Interesting I will try seeing what my dealer says when I get in for an oil change, thanks!

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I noticed that I just got this "22-PU0614-SRV-RC" update about a week or so after I had gotten 2.8.2. I just checked and while it reset to default with no day or time selected in the scheduler, it also didn't fix the issue where I can only select one day in the scheduler versus all days. So an update to allow me to get better updates disabled the scheduler. :rolleyes:

1658047444781.png
So I got 2.8.3 last night. No alert or notification, but when I checked the app, it says it installed 7/29. I just went out to the truck and can now can select multiple days :)

1659191257732.png

1659191270962.png

1659191283254.png
Sponsored