Sponsored

Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I sounds like what I am having builtšŸ˜€
Will be nice. I meant memory interior not sure why apple decided Metroid was the word I wanted.

Also added heated steering wheel.

Only thing Iā€™m missing is the sun roof and power slide rear window.

I do work for a company called infotainment.com I donā€™t advertise because Iā€™m not here as a sales man. Ford is my department. I did my truck as research for upgrades to offer. So we do offer upgrades but we try to stick to plug and play style options as anything else creates support issues.

I am willing to help people and even do trucks for people. It helps me learn and stay up to date.
Sponsored

hcforde

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick XLT, Honda Insight, Toyota Sequoia
Sure, I wouldnt mind doing it for you. Its hard to give a price unless you are willing to go with new parts. Its the only way I can really say for sure. Otherwise used parts would make it much more of a find out when the parts are bought.

I know the camera add is $800 at the time of build but it wouldnt be possible to get anywhere near that doing it afterwards.

If you decide you want to get serious about it shoot me a message and we can exchange numbers and have a conversation about it and see how you feel after that.
Yep, I saw the pricing and figured it would be cheaper to mod the 2022 XL rather than buy the 2023 XLT knowing the prices of the materials is going to be higher than the Ford build price. Even the 2023 XLT is missing stuff I would want if I went to that trim level like fold-flat seats, and the LUMBAR AND MASSAGE CAPABILITY!!!

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
You literally own the top model and are missing features that even some lower models have. I just could not be happy with that personally. Itā€™s starting to seem like the best bet is buy the base mode and retrofit the stuff you actually want as youā€™re going to pay a pretty penny for a tailgate appliquĆ© at this rate.
I see alot of people call it "diet" Platinum or Platinum "lite" I think its rather comical. However as you put I could not be happy having a high end trim with not even features a base level could have. At this rate with the fold flat and multicontour seat removal I really dont know what is different from Lariat to Plainum aside from the tailgate applique.

Olives1050

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost with Chrome Package
Will be nice. I meant memory interior not sure why apple decided Metroid was the word I wanted.

I do work for a company called infotainment.com I donā€™t advertise because Iā€™m not here as a sales man. Ford is my department. I did my truck as research for upgrades to offer. So we do offer upgrades but we try to stick to plug and play style options as anything else creates support issues.

I am willing to help people and even do trucks for people. It helps me learn and stay up to date.
Hello Jesse,

I am trying to see if you can help. I bought new tow mirrors that will have the power telescoping as well as the new bezel for the factory way of controlling it. I did not realize that I was missing the plug for the power extend switch. For some reason I thought that it was there on lariats and up. Is there a jumper kit that I can use to add this switch in? Thank you!!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hello Jesse,

I am trying to see if you can help. I bought new tow mirrors that will have the power telescoping as well as the new bezel for the factory way of controlling it. I did not realize that I was missing the plug for the power extend switch. For some reason I thought that it was there on lariats and up. Is there a jumper kit that I can use to add this switch in? Thank you!!
I thought they were too.. Attached to the switch panel. If they arent you can buy the door harness that has it and replace yours. THats a bit of a pain.. Or you can get this connector..

3U2Z-14S411-LCB x 2

Then pin it out. All the wiring runs to the DDM and PDM.
You will need some pins to insert into the DDM connector. Im not sure what you are comfortable with doing.

Attachments

Sponsored

Shoebox72069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
Is there a check list of cabling that would make retrofitting this significantly easier?

I know it sounds like on some trims (Lariat and above) the wiring may exist. Key word being may.

This is the only option I regret missing on my 502A and this thread has me intrigued.

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I'd go aftermarket if you really want it.

There are a lot to choose from and many will give you the ability to record onto an SD card and will have FAR BETTER cameras.

I put this one on my Skid Steer.
https://provisionusa.com/commercial/vehicle-camera-system.php

It would be quite a job installing on an F150 but I imagine retrofitting the 360 degree Ford cameras wouldn't be a piece of cake and the video quality is FAR SUPERIOR.

wicked24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5L-TT

Do you a list of what is needed such as part numbers? Cable part numbers etc? I would like to eventually add 360 cameras. I have an stx model.

KTM753

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XL
Great thread. Jesse, you inspire me to follow suit with my XL...

Does anyone have a website for Ford OEM parts and diagrams they like to use? Easy to navigate and look for these harness parts #? Etc?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Great thread. Jesse, you inspire me to follow suit with my XL...

Does anyone have a website for Ford OEM parts and diagrams they like to use? Easy to navigate and look for these harness parts #? Etc?
That's 1/2 the challenge!
Finding the exact right part# for a platform that has multiple trim levels and part descriptions that are vague and misleading. :)

Sponsored

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I appreciate that. It is awesome to me but since it was all factory it looks factory like a 502a lariat would in Oxford white. I installed the two tone interior. I added blue cruise and the power tailgate and running boards. Also full size Metroid like a 502a lariat has like memory seats heated and cooled.
How hard was it to add blue cruise? Iā€™d love to have that on my 302a XLT. I already have the 360 cams and 2.0 assist so Iā€™m thinking hardware wise just the 2 eye sensors and is there a separate module for it?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
This is my part number post from a while back. So Iā€™ll post it here also

IPMA depends on build Date. If you have a job 1 or 2 or a 22.

I THINK you can use a JOB 1 in any but that hasnt been verified 100% I have done it but not with a 360 cam IPMA only the rear cam IPMA.

The Cargo cam is only available with the brake light.

Ill give some parts but I have no responsibility of the accuracy. These are what I used in MY truck.

IPMA ML3Z-14G490-J

FRONT CAMERA - ML3Z-19G490-C

FRONT CAM HOUSING(PLASTIC) - ML3Z-19H511-A
HARDWARE - W506962S450

SIDE CAMS -I BOUGHT MIRRORS. I THINK YOU COULD PIECE TOGETHER THE PARTS AND TRY TO INSTALL IN YOUR MIRRORS I DONT KNOW. IF YOU WANT MIRRORS THE PART NUMEBRS DEPEND ON WHAT YOU WANT. LARIAT OR XLT I DECIDED AT THE TIME TO ADD POWER FOLD.

CARGO CAM - ML3Z-13A613-E

SIDE CAM COAX - ML3Z10E929DBA X 2

GREEN COAX ASSEMBLY - ML3Z10E929CAA (FOR SIDE CAMS AND FRONT)

FORD LOGO FRONT CAM - BLACK PLASTIC - ML3Z8213F (DOUBLE CHECK)

WASHER HOSE FOR FRONT CAM - ML3Z17A605B

WASHER HOSE FOR FRONT CAM 2 - ML3Z17A605C

WASHER NOZZEL FOR FRONT CAM - HC3Z-17603-B

NOZZEL CAP - ML3Z-17C526-A (BLACK PLASTIC)

FRONT CAM JUMPER - ML3Z10E929CCA (FRONT CAM IS PREWIRED TO THE GRILL. THIS JUMPER IS FROM THE IPMA TO THE UNDERHOOD CONNECTOR)

Please do not message me asking me if I am sure. The main reason I have not posted this is because of the messages I have received after privately trying to help.

I can help only so much. I dont mind helping but asking me to give you a money back guarantee is beyond ridiculous.

360 IPMA is REQUIRED for adding Adaptive Cruise.

I can help some with as build and such but the main issue with the ipma if you buy new IT WILL HAVE to be PMI. Also after the install a 360 and lane keeping cam calibration IS REQUIRED. Lane keeping calibration can be done in forscan the 360 cam calibration can only be done in FDRS.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
How hard was it to add blue cruise? Iā€™d love to have that on my 302a XLT. I already have the 360 cams and 2.0 assist so Iā€™m thinking hardware wise just the 2 eye sensors and is there a separate module for it?
I spoke very briefly with Jesse about it in one of these threads, though I cannot remember which. He said adding bluecruise is incredibly in depth and said he wouldnā€™t really be up to helping people add that because of all of the programming, wiring, and hardware changes.

I hope I am not putting words in his mouth, but this was more or less what I understood from his posts. Hopefully he will correct me if I am wrong

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I spoke very briefly with Jesse about it in one of these threads, though I cannot remember which. He said adding bluecruise is incredibly in depth and said he wouldnā€™t really be up to helping people add that because of all of the programming, wiring, and hardware changes.

I hope I am not putting words in his mouth, but this was more or less what I understood from his posts. Hopefully he will correct me if I am wrong
I bet your recall isn't far off.
It's one of those things that Jesse is honest about it being POSSIBLE, but also honest about the tenacity required, as well as the skillset. It's so much more than a couple of posts in a thread and then following the directions.

There are few folks that can do this themselves without help from others. Those folks have a family to feed and a wife to be reasonable with. šŸ¤£

Bluecruise is le$$ expensive from Ford.
If you are hell bent to add it to your truck and don't know how, then you should be willing to pay for it. No differently than aftermarket exhaust, wheels, tires, lifts,.....
Sponsored