Sponsored

Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ?

BWB915

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Hey All-

I picked up my 2022 Platinum a couple weeks ago and it didn't include the 360-camera package, it just has front parking sensors and the rear camera (so no bed camera either, also lost the multi-contour seats).

Does anyone know if it's even possible to retro-fit the 360 camera package or is that impossible?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Anything is possible!
Well, almost anything.

It's not an effortless venture, but it's very possible to accomplish if you can get your hands on all the parts. Fortunately with the Platinum, you might get lucky and discover some portion of the harnesses involved are already in the truck, but that still would require verification of every single one of them.

I don't want to be too presumptuous of a fellow member here called @Jesse-Infotainment , because he is already so generous with his efforts to assist folks, but perhaps he will at least respond to confirm whether I have lost my mind with my claims, or that it is in fact not possible. :)

Kinda sad to even see a new Platinum not equipped with the camera package. Strange times.

Note: Jesse has an XL with Bluecruise.
Yea, I'm not making that up.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yes, 360 cams can be added. Ive done it and am helping someone do theirs now.

Youll need the new mirrors with the cams. and the new third brake light. The grill is the same you need a new ford emblem and some cables that ford sells.

Yes Snakebitten is correct just about anything can be done. It is based on what you are capable of and what you are willing to do also what youre willing to spend.

If I had a Platinum I would for sure want 360 cams. I have an XL and I wanted them it was my third mod to the truck after the Digital cluster and 12" screen. Now my truck is done. its a 502a essentially at this point.

OP
OP

BWB915

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum

Youll need the new mirrors with the cams. and the new third brake light. The grill is the same you need a new ford emblem and some cables that ford sells.

Yes Snakebitten is correct just about anything can be done. It is based on what you are capable of and what you are willing to do also what youre willing to spend.

If I had a Platinum I would for sure want 360 cams. I have an XL and I wanted them it was my third mod to the truck after the Digital cluster and 12" screen. Now my truck is done. its a 502a essentially at this point.
Thanks. What’s the best source for all those components and what’s the estimated cost to do it?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks. What’s the best source for all those components and what’s the estimated cost to do it?
Price varies based on where and how you claim the parts. The cables have to be bought form ford. THe IPMA and mirrors can be found on ebay sometimes.

Price can be anywhere from $1500 TO 3000 the mirrors new are $800 each I think. Ive seen people snag the IPMA $2-$400

The cables are $5-$30 each

the third brake light with cam is $500 ish new.

It is a bit of work to run the wiring. You really have to have a grasp on certain programming aspects. Youll have to recalibrate the lane keep system.

Sponsored

hcforde

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick XLT, Honda Insight, Toyota Sequoia
Price varies based on where and how you claim the parts. The cables have to be bought form ford. THe IPMA and mirrors can be found on ebay sometimes.

Price can be anywhere from $1500 TO 3000 the mirrors new are $800 each I think. Ive seen people snag the IPMA $2-$400

The cables are $5-$30 each

the third brake light with cam is $500 ish new.

It is a bit of work to run the wiring. You really have to have a grasp on certain programming aspects. Youll have to recalibrate the lane keep system.
I have wondered the same thing! Here is my story!
I ordered a 2022 XL 7.2Kv Powerboost in the spring they then came back the next week and said the 360 package was no longer available. I gave a second dealer the same build, only to be told the same thing. So I said cancel the whole thing, I decided to wait for the 2023 models. A couple of days later I get an email from Ford saying my 2022 XL vehicle had been ordered. (WHAT!!!) Call my sales rep. who looked into it and he said he did not do it, he was off those days. when he looked into it he was told it was not a real order. About a month later I get an email from Ford saying they are scheduling a build date, then I get a re-scheduling build date with a VIN.

I have spec'ed out a 2023 7.2Kv Powerboost but the lowest trim level is an XLT at a cost of $65,000. Similar 2022 was a tad under $50,000. While the built-in 360 camera package from the factory is $765 my question for you @Jesse-Infotainment is this. If I get the 2022, would you be willing to put in the 360 camera package for me? You sourcing all the parts. You can PM me if you wish to communicate directly concerning price. I live in Austin.

Thanks

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have wondered the same thing! Here is my story!
I ordered a 2022 XL 7.2Kv Powerboost in the spring they then came back the next week and said the 360 package was no longer available. I gave a second dealer the same build, only to be told the same thing. So I said cancel the whole thing, I decided to wait for the 2023 models. A couple of days later I get an email from Ford saying my 2022 XL vehicle had been ordered. (WHAT!!!) Call my sales rep. who looked into it and he said he did not do it, he was off those days. when he looked into it he was told it was not a real order. About a month later I get an email from Ford saying they are scheduling a build date, then I get a re-scheduling build date with a VIN.

I have spec'ed out a 2023 7.2Kv Powerboost but the lowest trim level is an XLT at a cost of $65,000. Similar 2022 was a tad under $50,000. While the built-in 360 camera package from the factory is $765 my question for you @Jesse-Infotainment is this. If I get the 2022, would you be willing to put in the 360 camera package for me? You sourcing all the parts. You can PM me if you wish to communicate directly concerning price. I live in Austin.

Thanks
Sure, I wouldnt mind doing it for you. Its hard to give a price unless you are willing to go with new parts. Its the only way I can really say for sure. Otherwise used parts would make it much more of a find out when the parts are bought.

I know the camera add is $800 at the time of build but it wouldnt be possible to get anywhere near that doing it afterwards.

If you decide you want to get serious about it shoot me a message and we can exchange numbers and have a conversation about it and see how you feel after that.

Cb Mw

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bike
Hey All-

I picked up my 2022 Platinum a couple weeks ago and it didn't include the 360-camera package, it just has front parking sensors and the rear camera (so no bed camera either, also lost the multi-contour seats).

Does anyone know if it's even possible to retro-fit the 360 camera package or is that impossible?

Thanks!
This happened to me also, although lariat instead of platinum. Got the window sticker and was shocked. Not sure I'll ever be happy with the vehicle, but hoping I forget about the camera ordeal over time.

OP
OP

BWB915

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Sure, I wouldnt mind doing it for you. Its hard to give a price unless you are willing to go with new parts. Its the only way I can really say for sure. Otherwise used parts would make it much more of a find out when the parts are bought.

I know the camera add is $800 at the time of build but it wouldnt be possible to get anywhere near that doing it afterwards.

If you decide you want to get serious about it shoot me a message and we can exchange numbers and have a conversation about it and see how you feel after that.
You wouldn't know anyone in UT that can do it, do you?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
i would look to see if your platinum has all the wiring to the door cameras and front
my 21 superduty only had the bed and rear camera, but the wiring was in the door(SURPRISED) and most of the front wiring was there except the part that went through the firewall.

i had my dealer work up price and programing of new mirror cameras and front one.. price was crazy high.

it can be done but for me cost far outweighed any return imo

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150

I know you have helped out countless people with their mods and downloads that I have read about. What I would really like from you is to see your truck. I bet it is awesome

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I know you have helped out countless people with their mods and downloads that I have read about. What I would really like from you is to see your truck. I bet it is awesome
I appreciate that. It is awesome to me but since it was all factory it looks factory like a 502a lariat would in Oxford white. I installed the two tone interior. I added blue cruise and the power tailgate and running boards. Also full size Metroid like a 502a lariat has like memory seats heated and cooled.

Mauimaikai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 2.7 F-150 XLT 302a 4x4 SuperCrew
You literally own the top model and are missing features that even some lower models have. I just could not be happy with that personally. It’s starting to seem like the best bet is buy the base mode and retrofit the stuff you actually want as you’re going to pay a pretty penny for a tailgate appliqué at this rate.

Last edited:

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
I appreciate that. It is awesome to me but since it was all factory it looks factory like a 502a lariat would in Oxford white. I installed the two tone interior. I added blue cruise and the power tailgate and running boards. Also full size Metroid like a 502a lariat has like memory seats heated and cooled.
I sounds like what I am having built😀
Sponsored