Sponsored

Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ?

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I spoke very briefly with Jesse about it in one of these threads, though I cannot remember which. He said adding bluecruise is incredibly in depth and said he wouldn’t really be up to helping people add that because of all of the programming, wiring, and hardware changes.

I hope I am not putting words in his mouth, but this was more or less what I understood from his posts. Hopefully he will correct me if I am wrong
Yeah he and I had a conversation about it and I know he has to be careful to not get on fords bad side. Lol. So yeah I’ll dig into it a bit over time and maybe at some point I’ll tackle it myself. Jesse has been great though. He helped with some other mods that I have done and helped me get over the hump to be able to get OTA updates. Many thanks to him. He is really an asset to this community.
Sponsored

WiketUSjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Rocky Ridge
Occupation
Commercial Painting Estimator
Sure, I wouldnt mind doing it for you. Its hard to give a price unless you are willing to go with new parts. Its the only way I can really say for sure. Otherwise used parts would make it much more of a find out when the parts are bought.

I know the camera add is $800 at the time of build but it wouldnt be possible to get anywhere near that doing it afterwards.

If you decide you want to get serious about it shoot me a message and we can exchange numbers and have a conversation about it and see how you feel after that.
@Jesse-Infotainment I have a rocky ridge that I need some help with adding either a front camera o sensors to it. I'm Also in Austin, would this be something you can help with?

Thank you in advance!

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Looking at the sample parts list as a starting point - is there two cameras up front for the 360? Or is that one camera going behind the emblem and the second part is just for the emblem plastic?

AdamsCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0
This is my part number post from a while back. So I’ll post it here also

IPMA depends on build Date. If you have a job 1 or 2 or a 22.

I THINK you can use a JOB 1 in any but that hasnt been verified 100% I have done it but not with a 360 cam IPMA only the rear cam IPMA.

The Cargo cam is only available with the brake light.

Ill give some parts but I have no responsibility of the accuracy. These are what I used in MY truck.

IPMA ML3Z-14G490-J

FRONT CAMERA - ML3Z-19G490-C

FRONT CAM HOUSING(PLASTIC) - ML3Z-19H511-A
HARDWARE - W506962S450

SIDE CAMS -I BOUGHT MIRRORS. I THINK YOU COULD PIECE TOGETHER THE PARTS AND TRY TO INSTALL IN YOUR MIRRORS I DONT KNOW. IF YOU WANT MIRRORS THE PART NUMEBRS DEPEND ON WHAT YOU WANT. LARIAT OR XLT I DECIDED AT THE TIME TO ADD POWER FOLD.

CARGO CAM - ML3Z-13A613-E

SIDE CAM COAX - ML3Z10E929DBA X 2

GREEN COAX ASSEMBLY - ML3Z10E929CAA (FOR SIDE CAMS AND FRONT)

FORD LOGO FRONT CAM - BLACK PLASTIC - ML3Z8213F (DOUBLE CHECK)

WASHER HOSE FOR FRONT CAM - ML3Z17A605B

WASHER HOSE FOR FRONT CAM 2 - ML3Z17A605C

WASHER NOZZEL FOR FRONT CAM - HC3Z-17603-B

NOZZEL CAP - ML3Z-17C526-A (BLACK PLASTIC)

FRONT CAM JUMPER - ML3Z10E929CCA (FRONT CAM IS PREWIRED TO THE GRILL. THIS JUMPER IS FROM THE IPMA TO THE UNDERHOOD CONNECTOR)

Please do not message me asking me if I am sure. The main reason I have not posted this is because of the messages I have received after privately trying to help.

I can help only so much. I dont mind helping but asking me to give you a money back guarantee is beyond ridiculous.

360 IPMA is REQUIRED for adding Adaptive Cruise.

I can help some with as build and such but the main issue with the ipma if you buy new IT WILL HAVE to be PMI. Also after the install a 360 and lane keeping cam calibration IS REQUIRED. Lane keeping calibration can be done in forscan the 360 cam calibration can only be done in FDRS.
Awesome list, Jessie!

Regarding the IPMA part number, there was another thread where someone thought that there might be a typo in the part since the quoted one above (ML3Z-14G490-J) isn’t something I’ve been able to find online, but a slightly different version (ML3Z-14G647-J) is listed.

Does anyone have a breakdown of the different IPMA variants? Looking at this list I see what looks like either 5 or 7 different models and haven’t been able to tell the differences apart from the $1800 price difference from cheapest to most expensive. To add to the confusion, eBay listings have all sorts of different suffixes like KA, NA, etc.

Mine is a Job 1 Lariat with 501a, so just the rear camera.

Would you guys expect it to work with only the additional front camera connected? I would love to have the full 360 view but the front view is my priority, and I don’t relish the idea of $1600 to replace otherwise functional power fold mirrors.

https://parts.lakelandford.com/productSearch.aspx?searchTerm=Image processing module&ukey_make=5793&ukey_model=90017&modelYear=2021

Last edited:

Joe_Diesel

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat Tremor
Wow read through all this super involved but I am trying to figure out the same to at least add a front camera and a bed camera. My lariat f250 only has the rear camera. It came down to the sport package with the 360 or the black appearance without it. Didn’t realize I wasn’t going to not have more than one camera.

I’ll have to re-read this thread once again but would the wiring harnesses be right there for the additional cameras in the front, bed and somewhere near the mirror connectors? Thanks.

Sponsored

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Anyone know how you can find the full part number? I coudlnt get scheduled with 360 camera in my order so removed it from order. I found a a similar vin but with camera and this is the parts for camera but the part number for the main module looks to be partial at best
Ford F-150 Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ? Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 2.18.04 PM

charmai101

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Reading through the posts, I take it that it’s not practical for me to add the 360 camera on my 2023 XLT PB. Is it possible to get it done under $1000, which is my budget. No one mention the dealer or Ford here, would they do it if you take the truck back?

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Reading through the posts, I take it that it’s not practical for me to add the 360 camera on my 2023 XLT PB. Is it possible to get it done under $1000, which is my budget. No one mention the dealer or Ford here, would they do it if you take the truck back?
The rear camera brake light seems to be the biggest hitter almost $500 on its own. I do wonder how many parts you need to modify the mirror. Parts diagrams are not super clear. The side cameras are about $100 and I think the mirror caps that have the camera hole are around $80. So it depends on how much other stuff you need to make the mirrors work but might be as low as $200 a side. Maybe another $200 for front as you need that same camera and emblem. That would put you at around $1100 with no modules or cables. So I dont know about $1000.. I am likely going to do it on my truck becuase I parallel park every day in a city. But my truck is about 60 days out if everything goes well

charmai101

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
The rear camera brake light seems to be the biggest hitter almost $500 on its own. I do wonder how many parts you need to modify the mirror. Parts diagrams are not super clear. The side cameras are about $100 and I think the mirror caps that have the camera hole are around $80. So it depends on how much other stuff you need to make the mirrors work but might be as low as $200 a side. Maybe another $200 for front as you need that same camera and emblem. That would put you at around $1100 with no modules or cables. So I dont know about $1000.. I am likely going to do it on my truck becuase I parallel park every day in a city. But my truck is about 60 days out if everything goes well
Please let me know how you make out? Parallel parking in the city is the reason I want the 360 camera as well, but I don’t go to the city often.

Sponsored

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
What if you just want to add front camera to my XL STX ? Can that be done without side cameras. If I dont really care about full 360 view
Not sure that is possible at least via the Ford traditional setup as I think this is going to just throw a ton of errors as I dont think there is a front / not-side opition from ford

charmai101

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
What if you just want to add front camera to my XL STX ? Can that be done without side cameras. If I dont really care about full 360 view
That’s last resort if the full 360 camera is too expensive, at least I want front camera or sensors. It’s my first truck, so I still have trouble grasping how close my front bumper to the object in the front. Most of the time, I chose to back-in parking to use the back up camera.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
To add ANY additional camera you have to replace the IPMA. You can use any IPMA all the way up to 2023. I can load the 2023 software into any ipma as of now.

the rear cam only ipma does NOT have any additional camera inputs.
Adding front only will not work. They all have to be added or the picture quality will be terrible.

If you want only the cargo cam you will still need to replace the ipma but you don’t have to add any other camera for it to work.

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
To add ANY additional camera you have to replace the IPMA. You can use any IPMA all the way up to 2023. I can load the 2023 software into any ipma as of now.

the rear cam only ipma does NOT have any additional camera inputs.
Adding front only will not work. They all have to be added or the picture quality will be terrible.

If you want only the cargo cam you will still need to replace the ipma but you don’t have to add any other camera for it to work.
Thanks... I had assumed this was true but always good to hear from the expert.

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Anyone have any advice on how to determine what IPMA is the right one? It appears there is between 19 and 25 depending on if I filter for 2023 models - I have an as built vin that points me to one that is every expensive but from what I can see fordparts doesnt expose the full model number and it looks to be supply chain contrained varation (at the higher price point) as the description states 'Less Automated Parking and Less Driver Assitance"

Here is link for all the choices - (assuming I am even with right part number - https://www.fordpartscatalog.com/search?search_str=+ML3Z-14G647)

The listing that i get to from my VIN.
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/c...ver-sys-14868755-1?pdp=y#/sectionId:324048380
  • 03/15/2022, F150, F-150, With Rear Parking Aid, Front/Side/Rear View Camera, Less Automated Parking System, With Front Parking Aid, Less Driver Assistance Package
What stinks is that seems to be one of the more expensive ones and seems to be a bit constrained at same time

Questions
*How does one get the full part number from the VIN if fords part site only seems to give you a partial part number
*Any way to tell the difference between the revisions? There are some notes of with and without trailer assist and some that are for the lightning but but there doesnt seem to be enough details to really understand why there are somewhere around 20 varations.
*Does the IPMA help control automated parking? This may be one of the reason whey some of the 2023s have auto parking removed?
*What is 'Driver Assitance Package'

In the end I would really love a IMPA that supports 360, parking aids(assume these are the front/rear parking sensors), supports auto parking(if possible), and then I guess driver assitance - if I can figure out what that is :).
Sponsored