Sponsored

Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ?

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
One thing I didnt see in this thread was if the Cargo Camera needed a small harness. Looking at the diagram it looks like there is a plug right next to the brakelight camera and a small harness in between but every parts diagram I pull up doesn't show the harness part number for the harness that services the camera. I could only find the part of the hardness that services the bulbs.

Ford F-150 Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ? Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 7.08.29 AM

Ford F-150 Possible to retrofit the 360 camera package ? Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 7.08.55 AM
Sponsored

Joe_Diesel

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat Tremor
I’ve been looking all over online for a way to do this with my f250. As it stands right now there is a kit available through this site called Naviks for the 2022 with sync 4 and 12 inch screen but then it needs 4 external cameras that would require physical altercations to OEM equipment but it would seem to work well. Just looks to be a huge to do with snaking all the wires through. For anything Sync 3 with the 8 inch screen including f-150 this website Camera Source has at least the front camera that looks oem and maybe a few cargo options. They said they’re working on a sync 4 right now.

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
One thing I didnt see in this thread was if the Cargo Camera needed a small harness. Looking at the diagram it looks like there is a plug right next to the brakelight camera and a small harness in between but every parts diagram I pull up doesn't show the harness part number for the harness that services the camera. I could only find the part of the hardness that services the bulbs.

Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 7.08.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 7.08.55 AM.png
Lookup WPT1605. Levittown ford parts has it cheapest.
https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-wire-assembly-wpt1605
It’s connector C9125 on your diagram there. Click that and it will bring up a connector face blowup. Service part number is FU2Z-14s411-DC

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
Thanks.. Not sure how that sheid works. I would assume I have the connector on the other side and just need to pin it there. will see more when truck arrives. Thanks
I just bought a 23. The c913 is there above the headliner and you will have to buy that pigtail I sent, as well as the terminals for the c913 and put the terminals into the plug above the headliner then splice to the pigtail I sent with the correct pin to pin. I will look up the terminals as well and send them over because I will be doing this soon. I have been researching for a few days and talking to Jessee to try and see what all is needed. Seems easy just lots of questions to be answered. When I do it and as long as it’s successful he did say he would be fine with me making a video and doing a write up on it giving him creds of course. So expect that in the future.

Last edited:

Sponsored

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I just bought a 23. The c9125 is there once the headliner and you will have to buy that pigtail I sent, as well as the terminals for the c9125 and put the terminals into the plug above the headliner then splice to the pigtail I sent with the correct pin to pin. I will look up the terminals as well and send them over because I will be doing this soon. I have been researching for a few days and talking to Jessee to try and see what all is needed. Seems easy just lots of questions to be answered. When I do it and as long as it’s successful he did say he would be fine with me making a video and doing a write up on it giving him creds of course. So expect that in the future.
I have access to the wiring diagrams so I can pull the terminal info. Thank you though. I was orginally wondering if there was a C913/C9125 harness to buy but it seems like C9125 services a bunch of stuff so agree pinning it out on that side makes sense.

I did get most of the most of other coax harnesses for APIM and mirrors in the mail today. What will be interesting is how much of the door to apim harnesses is prewired for the side cameras and the bumper harness back to apim. I am doing the laser cruise, the 360 cameras and if all goes will the parking assist with the front parking sensors. Truck is being built tomorrow if all goes well.... Hopefully I have in my hand in a few weeks not a few months. Might have a shot as I am being built in Kansas city and goign to Granger so I get to skip thet train(I think)

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
Thanks.. Not sure how that sheid works. I would assume I have the connector on the other side and just need to pin it there. will see more when truck arrives. Thanks
Ok so there are a few ways you can do it

I’m not sure where you got that schematic but I can’t find that C913 connector on my schematics for my 2023. Maybe I’m not looking in the right spot.

looking at C913 (from your schematic) it is the inline connector above the headliner. It shows both the mail and female side. It ALSO shows the female pigtail. The pigtai number is ford #9U2Z-14S411-ZA or the universal number is WPT-1047.

you can buy that and simply plug it in above the headliner, then splice to the WPT-1605 I sent above, splicing the correct pin# to correct pin#. Then you would essentially have a harness from the truck plug to the new brake light. Problem is it’s $70 for that connector on levitown ford or $66 on rock auto.

The other route you can go is to buy the terminals and insert them into the existing plug that is there, then splice to the pigtail 1605 going to the light. Much cheaper this way it’s about $30 cheaper.

part numbers are below. Hope
This helps, I’m learning all of this recently as well so I know the frustration.

WPT-1047 (above headliner)
https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-wire-assembly-9u2z14s411za

or

Terminals for above headliner - (6 needed)
https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-terminal-eu2z14421ca
(You will also need a release tool to release old pins from existing connector.)

WPT-1605 (connector for new light - mandatory)
https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-wire-assembly-fu2z14s411dc

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
I have access to the wiring diagrams so I can pull the terminal info. Thank you though. I was orginally wondering if there was a C913/C9125 harness to buy but it seems like C9125 services a bunch of stuff so agree pinning it out on that side makes sense.

I did get most of the most of other coax harnesses for APIM and mirrors in the mail today. What will be interesting is how much of the door to apim harnesses is prewired for the side cameras and the bumper harness back to apim. I am doing the laser cruise, the 360 cameras and if all goes will the parking assist with the front parking sensors. Truck is being built tomorrow if all goes well.... Hopefully I have in my hand in a few weeks not a few months. Might have a shot as I am being built in Kansas city and goign to Granger so I get to skip thet train(I think)
Sorry I didn’t see this before I sent all that info over. Hopefully some of it helps. Do you mean IPMA?
You should have a wire going from the grille to the drivers side under the hood. I haven’t found that connector yet. As far as coax to the doors I’m not sure of what’s there yet either.

Jessee did tell me I will need to remove the rear camera from the brown connector and insert it into the green IPMA connector. If you want to shoot me a message we could probably help each other through this.

elmerhiggins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I'm going to attempt this. Can someone post the entire wiring diagrams involved in this upgrade? Let's study this and figure it out. I'm thinking just run the coax and new wires where they need to go. (dont worry about harnesses).

I already have the side mirror cameras and the vehicle came with the rear.

Thanks in advance.

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I'm going to attempt this. Can someone post the entire wiring diagrams involved in this upgrade? Let's study this and figure it out. I'm thinking just run the coax and new wires where they need to go. (dont worry about harnesses).

I already have the side mirror cameras and the vehicle came with the rear.

Thanks in advance.
Best thing to do is rent the manual from Ford for $20 for three days as it is easy to understand when you can jump from diagram to connnector sheet to picture thats shows where connector is.

For mini coax the camera you just buy the factory harnesses as a starting point. The left and right camera's full path is the harness that connects to IPMA and the small door harness. Here is the parts.. My truck just came in - I plan to make a video of me going through the parts - I am doing camera, radar cruise and likely parking assist sensors.

Sponsored

elmerhiggins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Best thing to do is rent the manual from Ford for $20 for three days as it is easy to understand when you can jump from diagram to connnector sheet to picture thats shows where connector is.

For mini coax the camera you just buy the factory harnesses as a starting point. The left and right camera's full path is the harness that connects to IPMA and the small door harness. Here is the parts.. My truck just came in - I plan to make a video of me going through the parts - I am doing camera, radar cruise and likely parking assist sensors.

Thanks, but I don't think 3 days is enough to start to figure out what's possible and to get the parts. I'd rather have that for when I'm assembling it all. So if someone has access at the moment, I think it would be good if they post the diagrams so we can figure out what's necessary, including the exact modules necessary that will work. I plan to do all of what you have in mind also. I think it will take some homework ahead of time to get this done.

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Thanks, but I don't think 3 days is enough to start to figure out what's possible and to get the parts. I'd rather have that for when I'm assembling it all. So if someone has access at the moment, I think it would be good if they post the diagrams so we can figure out what's necessary, including the exact modules necessary that will work. I plan to do all of what you have in mind also. I think it will take some homework ahead of time to get this done.
I am picking my truck up on Friday. Got a 16 hour return drive but hoping by early next week to video the process of determining parts and process needed to do this.

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Ok so there are a few ways you can do it

I’m not sure where you got that schematic but I can’t find that C913 connector on my schematics for my 2023. Maybe I’m not looking in the right spot.

looking at C913 (from your schematic) it is the inline connector above the headliner. It shows both the mail and female side. It ALSO shows the female pigtail. The pigtai number is ford #9U2Z-14S411-ZA or the universal number is WPT-1047.

you can buy that and simply plug it in above the headliner, then splice to the WPT-1605 I sent above, splicing the correct pin# to correct pin#. Then you would essentially have a harness from the truck plug to the new brake light. Problem is it’s $70 for that connector on levitown ford or $66 on rock auto.

The other route you can go is to buy the terminals and insert them into the existing plug that is there, then splice to the pigtail 1605 going to the light. Much cheaper this way it’s about $30 cheaper.

part numbers are below. Hope
This helps, I’m learning all of this recently as well so I know the frustration.

WPT-1047 (above headliner)
https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-wire-assembly-9u2z14s411za

or

Terminals for above headliner - (6 needed)
https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-terminal-eu2z14421ca
(You will also need a release tool to release old pins from existing connector.)

WPT-1605 (connector for new light - mandatory)
https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-wire-assembly-fu2z14s411dc
Dumb question - when you order the terminals for $5.00 is that for a 5 pack of terminals or one single terminal? I assumed it was for the 5 pack but one ford parts site mentioned miniumn order qunaity of 5 which makes me thing the $5.00 price is per terminal

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
Dumb question - when you order the terminals for $5.00 is that for a 5 pack of terminals or one single terminal? I assumed it was for the 5 pack but one ford parts site mentioned miniumn order qunaity of 5 which makes me thing the $5.00 price is per terminal

I’m glad you quoted me because the info I gave above is inaccurate. The harness to be built goes back to the IPMA. The 3rd brake light comes with the new harness.

You are correct the terminals are priced per piece, you can buy them directly from ford in 5 packs, it’s a bit cheaper to buy them from Levittown ford per terminal though, you don’t have to order in quantities of 5

evoslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL RCSB 5.0
Has anyone done this on an XL?
Sponsored

Last edited: