How To Install Factory 360 Camera System

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
I could not have done this without the help of @Jesse-Infotainment so major props to him. I am providing a link to my google drive that will have my write up and Jesse's parts list with some additions and updates I made. The drive also has all schematics needed as well as workshop manuals needed for the installation. If you do not already have a 12 inch display, you must upgrade the APIM. @Zhenes has been through this and can possibly help you, or you can reach out to Jesse.

If you are looking for the front cam, it is cheapest to buy the emblem and camera together on ebay, if you need to buy the camera seperate you can order your camera Here. If the link breaks search part number #ML3T-19G490-B and the seller is azparts01.
Try looking for the cargo cam on ebay, mutiple sellers on there with good deals, if you buy a new IPMA from ford it will have to be PMI. Mirrors can be found all over facebook, ebay, and this group. Whatever you order from ford parts, keep all of the packaging until you are done and have working 360 cams so you can return anything if needed.

If you do this using this information and would like to say thanks, message me and let me know you were successful or make a post here in this thread. I would love to hear how many people this helps!

Google drive link is located HERE
Youtube video is located HERE
Sponsored

Last edited:

Myrnavashaw

First Name
Myrna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
Thank you so much for this. We have the 360 factory camera without the 3rd brake light. I purchased one on ebay but my Ford dealer says I need a harness. Can you help out 2 women who this this for hooking up 5th wheel as this is a first for us and 1st time truck owners and provide details of what is needed and why. My email [email protected]

OP
OP
Tlusk7

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
Thank you so much for this. We have the 360 factory camera without the 3rd brake light. I purchased one on ebay but my Ford dealer says I need a harness. Can you help out 2 women who this this for hooking up 5th wheel as this is a first for us and 1st time truck owners and provide details of what is needed and why. My email [email protected]
Everything you should need is covered in my google drive link and video, but as I have read, people that have purchased a 23 and do not have the cargo cam but DO have factory 360 present have the wiring from the IPMA to the cargo light, ford just did not include the cargo cam 3rd brake light.

Your best bet is to remove your third brake light and take a picture of the harness connector that is above the headliner where the light plugs in. If you have small hands you can pull this loose and pull it out of the back of my truck as seen in my video. Send that picture here or message me and I can tell you if you have the wiring needed or not.

Cargo cam part number is ML3Z-13A613-E.

Here is one on eBay, it seems a lot of them have sold. I got mine for $250 so I would keep looking around because you can buy one for about $420 new from Levittown ford.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265808493976

Myrnavashaw

First Name
Myrna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
These are 2 pictures my dealer took when they took the lamp off. Does this help? If not I will pull apart myself to get what is needed. I gave the lamp with camera that I purchased on ebay for 141

Ford F-150 How To Install Factory 360 Camera System IMG_4886

Ford F-150 How To Install Factory 360 Camera System IMG_4889

OP
OP
Tlusk7

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
These are 2 pictures my dealer took when they took the lamp off. Does this help? If not I will pull apart myself to get what is needed. I gave the lamp with camera that I purchased on ebay for 141

IMG_4886.jpg

IMG_4889.jpg
It really doesn’t, you need to pull the connector out that is above the headliner that the harness in the picture plugs into. If you look at your pics, look at the center hole and that push pin will have to be pushed in and the connector pulled out. You can see the connector at the 16 minute mark in my video linked above.

Sponsored

Myrnavashaw

First Name
Myrna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
Thank you. When I get home in a couple hours. Will send pictures then. Can't tell you how much you assistance

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I could not have done this without the help of @Jesse-Infotainment so major props to him. I am providing a link to my google drive that will have my write up and Jesse's parts list with some additions and updates I made. The drive also has all schematics needed as well as workshop manuals needed for the installation. If you do not already have a 12 inch display, you must upgrade the APIM. @Zhenes has been through this and can possibly help you, or you can reach out to Jesse.

If you are looking for the front cam, it is cheapest to buy the emblem and camera together on ebay, if you need to buy the camera seperate you can order your camera Here, I bought one from this seller and it was legit. If the link breaks search part number #ML34-19G490-BB and the seller is JOSRA-1020.
Try looking for the cargo cam on ebay, mutiple sellers on there with good deals, if you buy a new IPMA from ford it will have to be PMI. Mirrors can be found all over facebook, ebay, and this group. Whatever you order from ford parts, keep all of the packaging until you are done and have working 360 cams so you can return anything if needed.

If you do this using this information and would like to say thanks, message me and let me know you were successful or make a post here in this thread. I would love to hear how many people this helps!

Google drive link is located HERE
Youtube video is located HERE
Thank you, I have been looking forward to trying to add the 360 system to my truck!

Last edited:

Myrnavashaw

First Name
Myrna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
I can't get that push pin to release. I can see into the whole adjacent to it and can see a Grey CONNECTOR. WAIT GOT IT

Ford F-150 How To Install Factory 360 Camera System 20230604_161912

Ford F-150 How To Install Factory 360 Camera System 20230604_161903

OP
OP
Tlusk7

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
I can't get that push pin to release. I can see into the whole adjacent to it and can see a Grey CONNECTOR. WAIT GOT IT

20230604_161912.jpg

20230604_161903.jpg
It does look like all of your wiring is there. Hard to tell from that pic exactly but the non 360 cam trucks only have 3 wires. I can see you have the video wires pinned out and the camera power. Looks like all you need to do is buy the cargo cam, get forscan on a laptop and an adapter and turn it on. You got it easy!

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
What was the total cost of adding the 360° cameras?

i hate to be a party pooper but the $750 factory option saved tons of time to do other sh*t :LOL:
Unfortunately; that’s the cost for adding it in the Lariat. XLT is more and I think that it’s not even available for some XL trucks.

Same thing with the upfitter switches: $175 on the Superduty and Bronco but unavailable for F-150 unless you get the Tremor. Probably because the Tremor package was so underwhelming after all the hype that they had to pick something to make it special other than a sticker.

They should make parking sensors and 360° cameras standard in 2024; so that I won’t have to park a quarter mile away from the grocery store to avoid idiots that can’t park.

OP
OP
Tlusk7

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat

Unfortunately; that’s the cost for adding it in the Lariat. XLT is more and I think that it’s not even available for some XL trucks.

Same thing with the upfitter switches: $175 on the Superduty and Bronco but unavailable for F-150 unless you get the Tremor. Probably because the Tremor package was so underwhelming after all the hype that they had to pick something to make it special other than a sticker.

They should make parking sensors and 360° cameras standard in 2024; so that I won’t have to park a quarter mile away from the grocery store to avoid idiots that can’t park.
It depends on where you source it all from. I have about 3k in it, but after doing it, with patience I could have found tow mirrors for prob 900-1000 instead of 1600. I know I could have got them for 1400 new from a different ford parts dealer. Cargo cam I paid $250 for I think which was a good deal I thought. I also found a front camera for $50 after i had already bought one for $220 but they let me return it.

It really depends on where it’s all sourced, but I would say you won’t be doing it much cheaper than 1700 or so. 2000 would be a good bet. I also have about 30 hours involved if I had to guess, but I also added power telescope to my tow mirrors at the same time and wired all of that in.

Zhenes

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f-150

I personally just in 360 cams have about a $1000. But I sold my old mirrors and old ipma to get some money back.

OP
OP
Tlusk7

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
I personally just in 360 cams have about a $1000. But I sold my old mirrors and old ipma to get some money back.
This is a good point, I haven’t sold anything yet to recoup.

Zhenes

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f-150
This is a good point, I haven’t sold anything yet to recoup.
I have sold 2 sets of black bliss mirrors for 400 now and I have bought 2 sets of 360 mirrors for 350. People don’t know what they have lol
Sponsored