How To Install Factory 360 Camera System

jhwalker

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat, 2022 Mach e GT performance pack
You can easily test the coax by taking the front cam coax at the IPMA and moving it to port 2 where the rear cam goes. If the front camera shows picture when in reverse then the coax is good. This DOES NOT verify the camera is the correct one though. If you can do this and it works, but not with the front and rear cam plugged in at the same time then there is a compatibility issue with the cameras. Coax either works or it doesn’t.
I have seen cases where coax has had issues (especially if it was damaged) but I did get all the runs tested. All of the cameras have displayed in port 2 as you identified. However, even though my right camera displays, I think it has a problem. @Jesse-Infotainment helped me get an update on my ipma and after, when I ran an alignment on my rear camera - the front and left camera participated in the alignment but the right did not. The mirror cameras were ones that I didn't have a spare for to test, so I will try that next. Biggest issue now is the camera button on the dash only works "at speed" and still only shows the rear camera even though the others are selectable.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tlusk7

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
I have seen cases where coax has had issues (especially if it was damaged) but I did get all the runs tested. All of the cameras have displayed in port 2 as you identified. However, even though my right camera displays, I think it has a problem. @Jesse-Infotainment helped me get an update on my ipma and after, when I ran an alignment on my rear camera - the front and left camera participated in the alignment but the right did not. The mirror cameras were ones that I didn't have a spare for to test, so I will try that next. Biggest issue now is the camera button on the dash only works "at speed" and still only shows the rear camera even though the others are selectable.
I can’t see how you would get clear video and still have a problem with the coax. If the video was grainy or distorted I would believe it. I deal with coax daily. LMR 400 and 600, RG58, 1/4” and 1/2” super flex… I have never had coax bad if you can test it to be good lol. There are signs of bad coax, and to me it sounds like your issue is a hardware or software problem. I’m no engineer though and I see new stuff and learn every day. The button problem is similar to one I had, jesse was able to make changes and get it working but it never seemed to function perfectly until I got my cameras dialed. I would most definitely try a new camera on that right side first since you added them manually. If anyone can help you figure it out it will for sure be jesse, he has helped me figure out many issues.

Good luck!

jhwalker

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I can’t see how you would get clear video and still have a problem with the coax. If the video was grainy or distorted I would believe it. I deal with coax daily. LMR 400 and 600, RG58, 1/4” and 1/2” super flex… I have never had coax bad if you can test it to be good lol. There are signs of bad coax, and to me it sounds like your issue is a hardware or software problem. I’m no engineer though and I see new stuff and learn every day. The button problem is similar to one I had, jesse was able to make changes and get it working but it never seemed to function perfectly until I got my cameras dialed. I would most definitely try a new camera on that right side first since you added them manually. If anyone can help you figure it out it will for sure be jesse, he has helped me figure out many issues.

Good luck!
Was just eliminating possibilities. Between front and rear cameras, I tried multiple combinations, and it was pretty easy to identify bad combos. However, a key point I caught from your previous discussion - if there are any issues, it appears the ipma just gives up, and 360 won't work, no DTCs. I could get them by disconnecting the cameras but that is a pretty gross level of test with the software and hardware involved. Since the button doesn't work at a stop that removes testing the 360 calibration except with FDRS which is where I got the information about the right camera (even then it was not an exception or java trace so still not sure that is it).

OP
OP
Tlusk7

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
Was just eliminating possibilities. Between front and rear cameras, I tried multiple combinations, and it was pretty easy to identify bad combos. However, a key point I caught from your previous discussion - if there are any issues, it appears the ipma just gives up, and 360 won't work, no DTCs. I could get them by disconnecting the cameras but that is a pretty gross level of test with the software and hardware involved. Since the button doesn't work at a stop that removes testing the 360 calibration except with FDRS which is where I got the information about the right camera (even then it was not an exception or java trace so still not sure that is it).
So can you get it to display all 4 cams at once?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tlusk7

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
No, it only shows the rear camera no matter what is selected.
Like this? If you see the other pic with all cams on except front, I was able to get that up by turning on truck, and unplugging front cam then plugging back in. When I did that, it would show all cams except the front cam. Try it with the right side cam. If all of them appear except for the right cam, then there is likely an issue with that camera.

This is all assuming you do get clear video output with the right cam in port 2. That’s what I think you said.
Ford F-150 How To Install Factory 360 Camera System 70258258717__B88A45B5-1670-4ECD-8236-74EF781DF492

Ford F-150 How To Install Factory 360 Camera System 70258976252__8F4026AC-DA71-4638-8CA9-862FD039C079

jhwalker

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Like this? If you see the other pic with all cams on except front, I was able to get that up by turning on truck, and unplugging front cam then plugging back in. When I did that, it would show all cams except the front cam. Try it with the right side cam. If all of them appear except for the right cam, then there is likely an issue with that camera.

This is all assuming you do get clear video output with the right cam in port 2. That’s what I think you said.
70258258717__B88A45B5-1670-4ECD-8236-74EF781DF492.jpeg

70258976252__8F4026AC-DA71-4638-8CA9-862FD039C079.jpeg
Look at my post #113 in this thread. That is all I've ever seen.

The Saffa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2022 Lariat
Update on my install, all wiring has been completed and front emblem and camera installed. I am waiting now on my mirrors and module and have tested the front camera using the existing back camera plug in pin #2 and camera functions and wiring is good.

I wanted to share some info with whoever is doing this to their truck. Ford has actually done away with the front camera washer system on the "23 trucks and gone with just a camera and emblem system. I was able to pick one up on eBay, part number NL34-19H350-LA, for $200. Attached are photos of what I got since my truck has the chrome grill. They also come in the black and chrome version but I don't know any part numbers. I like that you don't have to buy all the extra hardware to hook up a washer system that I suspect doesn't do a whole lot.
thumbnail_IMG_1061.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
I assume this worked out ok for you @nvabill ?
I just bought the following and hoping it will work https://www.ebay.com/itm/394871499407
@Tlusk7 your guides so far are super helpful, as an FYI I see the following on the front camera's ML3Z-19G490-C ***Discontinued part**
https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-camera-parking-ml3z19g490c
This is why I went the ebay route (Hope I don't burn my fingers)
Then on the cargo cam looks like there is a replacement NL3Z-13A613-A for part ML3Z-13A613-E

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I assume this worked out ok for you @nvabill ?
I just bought the following and hoping it will work https://www.ebay.com/itm/394871499407
@Tlusk7 your guides so far are super helpful, as an FYI I see the following on the front camera's ML3Z-19G490-C ***Discontinued part**
https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-camera-parking-ml3z19g490c
This is why I went the ebay route (Hope I don't burn my fingers)
Then on the cargo cam looks like there is a replacement NL3Z-13A613-A for part ML3Z-13A613-E
It has worked flawlessly, honestly I don't see the need for the washer and Ford must agree as they have done away with it.

The Saffa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2022 Lariat
@Tlusk7 or does anyone else have the part number for plug C904 - I actually don't have that pin on my truck, I have a smaller white plug with the 3 wires only...all else fails I'm going to splice into them

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tlusk7

Tlusk7

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
@Tlusk7 or does anyone else have the part number for plug C904 - I actually don't have that pin on my truck, I have a smaller white plug with the 3 wires only...all else fails I'm going to splice into them
If you watch my video you’ll see c904 above the headliner. It has to be pulled loose and out the chmsl hole. You will have to make a harness and run it from that light to the IPMA. You cannot splice into the 3 light wires.

The Saffa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2022 Lariat
If you watch my video you’ll see c904 above the headliner. It has to be pulled loose and out the chmsl hole. You will have to make a harness and run it from that light to the IPMA. You cannot splice into the 3 light wires.

Ahh thanks I have jumped around on the video but need to sit and watch it end to end. I keep stopping and thinking I havent ordered that or done this....

thunderf150

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501a
Occupation
HR
UPDATE POST:

A big thanks to @Jesse-Infotainment, for helping me out with the right program and essentially setting up the right changes in my configurations. His help was invaluable.
Going forward I would suggest as @Tlusk7 have already mentioned to get an IPMA PMI done from Jesse in the first place to make it an easy transition. Given the fact I was in CANADA, I could not do it. Nevertheless, Jesse helped me out.

During my installation, I broke a couple of plastic locks and tabs(which I have tried repairing as much as I could) but that's because I was impatient and the below 0 degrees celsius temperatures. But all is good at the end as I am probably never going to deal with them again. Hopefully!

I later rented out the mongoose cable in GTA, Ontario from another wonderful and helping forum member @yikes. I ran the 360-degree cam calibration using Mongoose and FDRS. The picture is stitched but not 100% but that's probably because I couldn't find a proper flat empty lot without ice or salt during this time. I am gonna retry doing it some months into the summer to check for updates and calibrate again.

Also added the 50/50 views(Tested and working) and Turn signal cam view when the trailer is attached(still to test).

One thing that I would suggest is if you are not great with a lot of disassembly and playing with the connected under the hood- simply get the jumper cable from the grill to the connecter C316, disassemply of that part was the most S**t feeling.

Another thing is to just get a set of mirrors required for your feature list as it's easy and economical in the long run. I assembled lariat mirrors by taking out the 360 cams off an XLT mirror. It is all good but the extra money to paint the covers and all is not worth it and eventually comes out to be the same cost as buying the right set in the first place. Thanks to @jhwalker for his guide to assembling the mirrors.

Well, this was a great project and going to my signature list!!

Ford F-150 How To Install Factory 360 Camera System IMG_8206
Sponsored