360 Camera Calibration

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
I have recently done 360 camera calibrarion via FDRS after I nuked the learned values from IPMA, and no matter how many times I re-do it, I can’t get it right. The 360 picture is not being “stiched up” properly, especially on the right side of the truck (see pics below):

Ford F-150 360 Camera Calibration 625A360B-7678-4D17-974C-AD1FA28B8043

Ford F-150 360 Camera Calibration A53DD686-01D9-4A99-BF21-72EA9F926FED

Has anyone here performed 360 cam calibration before, if so, I would like to know how you done it, and what was the outcome. Thanks
Sponsored

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
When I took my truck in to have the "Pro Trailer Backup Assist" (*which I never use) fixed after it started giving me errors... the warranty paperwork said they did firmware updates to multiple modules followed by "360 degree Camera Calibration".

Maybe you need "firmware updates".

*I use EVERYTHING I can while it's under warranty. JUST BECAUSE it's "under warranty".

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
When I took my truck in to have the "Pro Trailer Backup Assist" (*which I never use) fixed after it started giving me errors... the warranty paperwork said they did firmware updates to multiple modules followed by "360 degree Camera Calibration".

Maybe you need "firmware updates".

*I use EVERYTHING I can while it's under warranty. JUST BECAUSE it's "under warranty".
Problem is, @iceman77 is one of the forum experts on ECU programming and calibration. He knows more than the dealers.

Pete, this hasn’t happened to me but I’m sure it’s only a matter of time. How did you nuke the learned values?

As for recalibrating, only thing I can think of is that maybe the lines you were using to calibrate weren’t suitably reflective. Can you find a parking lot with darker asphalt and fresher lines for more contrast?

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Here's in TX, most of the parking lots are concrete with white painting on them, so I would not be achieve a contrast such as with a lot with asphalt and white painting. Also, as you might have guessed, my FW in all my modules is up to date :D

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Also, as you might have guessed, my FW in all my modules is up to date :D
I’m shocked to read this. Never would have guessed.

But I didn’t think about where you lived. Finding asphalt could be problematic. Walmart, Target, Dollar General parking lot? Some low rent mall that isn’t willing to spring for concrete?

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Problem is, @iceman77 is one of the forum experts on ECU programming and calibration. He knows more than the dealers.

Pete, this hasn’t happened to me but I’m sure it’s only a matter of time. How did you nuke the learned values?

As for recalibrating, only thing I can think of is that maybe the lines you were using to calibrate weren’t suitably reflective. Can you find a parking lot with darker asphalt and fresher lines for more contrast?
I'm not using the stickers. I'm using the module.

I thought I understood the difference, mine came with both and I couldn't get the stickers to work so I did do a lot of research but I have to admit my ignorance of the issue... I STILL don't understand the difference.

All I know is that it "works" now with the module but if I ever want to use it with any of my other trailers I'm now married to the module and will have to either buy more modules (NOT going to happen)... move the module to my other trailer (ain't doin that either) or watch my cameras & mirrors and back my trailer the old fashioned way.
Sponsored