OTA Power-Up 3.5.4

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Thanks I’ll give that a try! I promise I did some searching on my own first before asking but came up short! lol
I hope you didn't think I was discouraging you from asking questions.
I sure didn't mean to leave that impression.

Ask away!
Just don't let the forum rob you of that awesome new truck experience.
Sponsored

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I also got 3.5.4 today via an OTA update. That's 3 updates in 2 weeks! Maybe Ford is getting better at this? I hope so.
how long ago did you get 3.5.2 and 3.5.3 ?

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I'm not sure of the exact date, but, I'm thinking it was around the 12th or 13th of October. And, just F.Y.I., since then, I have not received any updates.
I received it on Oct 6th but nothing since then

Sponsored

itsdchz

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost FX4 XLT with Stuff
Received 3.5.2 on Oct 13…. Nothing since then….. and I really want full screen Carplay!! Cmon Ford…… Although we want our Bronco more…..

itsdchz

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
See pages 28+ on the Bronco forums.. They seem to see it as a battery issue, and locked door. Put on trickle charger, lock doors, and Wi-Fi stays connected… just a thought, maybe I will give it a try, or break down and finally Buy FDRS…
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...oming-soon-per-ford-mike-levine.55732/page-28
You have to get sent the update first before this becomes an issue. Just having the battery fully charged will not trigger an OTA to get sent to you. If the OTA gets sent and your battery is not up to spec, the update will most likely fail to install, but you will still get sent the OTA if the vehicle was set to receive it.

towpro

First Name
will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat Powerboost
my last update was 3.5.2 on 9/17/22.
nothing since.
but I see my F150 and Escape callign home on (as viewed on my Palo Alto firewall) several times per day.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
They stopped rolling out 3.5.3 to F150's almost immediately after they initially started pushing it out. No one is sure why nor when they will start pushing it out again.

Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
See pages 28+ on the Bronco forums.. They seem to see it as a battery issue, and locked door. Put on trickle charger, lock doors, and Wi-Fi stays connected… just a thought, maybe I will give it a try, or break down and finally Buy FDRS…
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...oming-soon-per-ford-mike-levine.55732/page-28

Whenever it gets pushed again a low battery charge will be an issue. As @rugedraw mentioned they stopped pushing it via OTA for over a month now.

Locking your doors and putting it on wifi will do nothing. The wifi one is especially silly since it would be so much easier if Ford pushed updates via wifi, which for some reason they don't.

itsdchz

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Whenever it gets pushed again a low battery charge will be an issue. As @rugedraw mentioned they stopped pushing it via OTA for over a month now.

Locking your doors and putting it on wifi will do nothing. The wifi one is especially silly since it would be so much easier if Ford pushed updates via wifi, which for some reason they don't.
Succes with trickle charger on it and battery above 95% is what I saw lent to success of the OTA running through… but may just invest in FDRS as I’ll need to update our new Bronco too..

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Succes with trickle charger on it and battery above 95% is what I saw lent to success of the OTA running through… but may just invest in FDRS as I’ll need to update our new Bronco too..
If you have two vehicles that can use the Mongoose & FDRS that’s a well spent investment!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Yes, if you get sent an OTA, having a charger on it will help increase the chances that it installs correctly. However, it will not increase the chances of you getting an OTA sent to you.

If you already knew that, then forgive the redundancy.

itsdchz

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, if you get sent an OTA, having a charger on it will help increase the chances that it installs correctly. However, it will not increase the chances of you getting an OTA sent to you.

If you already knew that, then forgive the redundancy.
Probably just high hopes to not fork out $900 on FDRS….
Sponsored