Sponsored

Onboard Scales, does yours read 0 when truck is as built off the line (no driver, no additional weight)?

OP
OP

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
@BLoflin Not sure if you got this figured out, but I had the same issue and I took it to my dealership. I took a bit of time to help them understand what the issue was, but they where able to fix the issue by performing a ride height sense calibration. That took care of it. Just make sure when you take it in that you leave it empty as you bought it with a full tank of gas!!
MRAM, thanks for responding. No have not got this figured out (i.e. not fixed).

Many people say use Scale Mode which you can reset to 0 first before loading.... well here's the thing once truck senses you are over limit (for me that's 1296) you can't use any mode, including Scale Mode. It just says over limit and won't let you do anything.

Anyway, MRAM could you possibly attach a pic of your Service Work Order that might show some details of what they looked at or said they did, so I could have a more "productive" discussion with my Service guy.

My issue is (with a loaded up PB 4x4, Max Tow) I don't have a lot of payload. And then it measuring 400 to 450lbs when empty, doesn't leave me much. After myself and wife (or other adult passenger) I have about 400lbs of usable payload according to the Scale functions. This is of course not correct, as I have verified with CAT scales.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
MRAM, thanks for responding. No have not got this figured out (i.e. not fixed).

Many people say use Scale Mode which you can reset to 0 first before loading.... well here's the thing once truck senses you are over limit (for me that's 1296) you can't use any mode, including Scale Mode. It just says over limit and won't let you do anything.

Anyway, MRAM could you possibly attach a pic of your Service Work Order that might show some details of what they looked at or said they did, so I could have a more "productive" discussion with my Service guy.

My issue is (with a loaded up PB 4x4, Max Tow) I don't have a lot of payload. And then it measuring 400 to 450lbs when empty, doesn't leave me much. After myself and wife (or other adult passenger) I have about 400lbs of usable payload according to the Scale functions. This is of course not correct, as I have verified with CAT scales.
Just ask the tech to run the calibration against your truck. He will definitely recognize this screenshot if he uses FDRS

Ford F-150 Onboard Scales, does yours read 0 when truck is as built off the line (no driver, no additional weight)? KingIsBack_VDM.PNG

Jeff1024

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Got my truck /w the onboard scale and they do see a bit gimicky.

Has anyone been able to get the FordPass app to connect to the sales? I can get the app to connect to the truck, and it can control the zone lighting, but when I go to the scale page it Says not connected.

I have a ticket open /w Ford, waiting to hear back, but don't expect an answer.

Reactions: 780

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Has anyone been able to get the FordPass app to connect to the sales? I can get the app to connect to the truck, and it can control the zone lighting, but when I go to the scale page it Says not connected.

I can, but obviously requires a Bluetooth connection in lieu of cellular connection

Ford F-150 Onboard Scales, does yours read 0 when truck is as built off the line (no driver, no additional weight)? Screenshot_20220512-100548_FordPass

Sponsored

Jeff1024

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I can, but obviously requires a Bluetooth connection in lieu of cellular connection

Screenshot_20220512-100548_FordPass.jpg
Hmm perhaps thats my problem, I assumed it would connect over cell also like the zone lighting.....quickly runs to the garage to check.....

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hmm perhaps thats my problem, I assumed it would connect over cell also like the zone lighting.....quickly runs to the garage to check.....
Some of the FordPass features have 2 levels of functionality based on the connection type. Bluetooth connection supports enhanced features because it isn't cloud based, rather its a direct endpoint to endpoint network. Secure, so to speak.

For example, the generator. With Bluetooth you can turn it on and off and get continuous draw report, instead of needing to refresh for just a snapshot.

Ford F-150 Onboard Scales, does yours read 0 when truck is as built off the line (no driver, no additional weight)? Screenshot_20220512-100605_FordPass

Jeff1024

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Some of the FordPass features have 2 levels of functionality based on the connection type. Bluetooth connection supports enhanced features because it isn't cloud based, rather its a direct endpoint to endpoint network. Secure, so to speak.

For example, the generator. With Bluetooth you can turn it on and off and get continuous draw report, instead of needing to refresh for just a snapshot.

Screenshot_20220512-100605_FordPass.jpg
Today I learned. Still cant get it to connect, tried turning off android and forcing it to bluetooth only but still no dice. At least I have a better idea of how to troubleshoot now.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have witnessed a couple of times where even with a confirmed Bluetooth connection with the truck, my FordPass App would recognize the connection as "cellular" when I opened up one of the features in FordPass.

Really frustrating because the solution was not obvious either time. But it was fixed after I was messing with the Sync settings on the truck regarding the two different WiFi SSID's.

The truck has one SSID that you can edit.... It's the one where you are enabling the truck to be a Hotspot. But there's another SSID that is not editable and is enabled to support things like Android Auto and/or mobile apps. I don't know what I actually did each time that was the remedy, but both times I was messing with the phone and getting it to see both WiFi networks the truck was hosting. I even connected the phone to one and then the other.

Suddenly FordPass would recognize the Bluetooth connection my phone had to the truck.

Something is going on between the 4 methods of the phone being able to connect to the truck:

USB
Bluetooth
WiFi > Truck as Hotspot (editable)
WiFi "> Truck as wireless Android Auto Hotspot

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4

on FordPass my scales and SmartHitch say they aren't working and to see the dealer for service. Maybe this is a common issue? Zone lighting works on FordPass for me too....

Sponsored

OP
OP

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
I have iPhone, and use CarPlay with it and truck. I have found I can NOT get (regular) Bluetooth connections between phone and truck when CarPlay is on. So I can't get Ford Pass bluetooth version of functions, unless I kill CarPlay.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
I have iPhone, and use CarPlay with it and truck. I have found I can NOT get (regular) Bluetooth connections between phone and truck when CarPlay is on. So I can't get Ford Pass bluetooth version of functions, unless I kill CarPlay.
Yes. I am finding the same thing. Very frustrating.

Jeff1024

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I have witnessed a couple of times where even with a confirmed Bluetooth connection with the truck, my FordPass App would recognize the connection as "cellular" when I opened up one of the features in FordPass.

Really frustrating because the solution was not obvious either time. But it was fixed after I was messing with the Sync settings on the truck regarding the two different WiFi SSID's.

The truck has one SSID that you can edit.... It's the one where you are enabling the truck to be a Hotspot. But there's another SSID that is not editable and is enabled to support things like Android Auto and/or mobile apps. I don't know what I actually did each time that was the remedy, but both times I was messing with the phone and getting it to see both WiFi networks the truck was hosting. I even connected the phone to one and then the other.

Suddenly FordPass would recognize the Bluetooth connection my phone had to the truck.

Something is going on between the 4 methods of the phone being able to connect to the truck:

USB
Bluetooth
WiFi > Truck as Hotspot (editable)
WiFi "> Truck as wireless Android Auto Hotspot
Yeah I just messed /w it for longer than I would like to admit, still can't get it to connect to zone lighting or the smart scales via bluetooth. Went as far as to remove the truck from ford pass and do the entire setup again. Tried killing android auto. Nothing. I work in IT so this shouldnt be this hard. Finally gave up and said I am spending too much time messing /w something stupid and walked off lol

Roscopcoletrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT...on order
I have the same Not connected message in the Ford pass app. No idea how to get it to work 👎

Reactions: 780

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When I get a chance I will try to document what settings I have in Sync and my Android. I got it all to work but not because of scales. I wanted remote control of the generator so I don't have to go outside the RV to fire it up.
Sponsored