Sponsored

Onboard Scales, does yours read 0 when truck is as built off the line (no driver, no additional weight)?

Jeff1024

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
When I get a chance I will try to document what settings I have in Sync and my Android. I got it all to work but not because of scales. I wanted remote control of the generator so I don't have to go outside the RV to fire it up.
That would be amazing.
Sponsored

Jeff1024

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
That would be amazing.
Know you are busy, but any luck with how you have this setup? I have an open case /w Ford and they have actually called me twice telling me they are working on it, but so far no resolution.

Jeff1024

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Just ask the tech to run the calibration against your truck. He will definitely recognize this screenshot if he uses FDRS

KingIsBack_VDM.PNG
Has anyone tried to run this calibration and gotten it fixed? Would love to use the onboard scales but right now seem pretty worthless.

Reactions: 780

TwiceAsBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fiesta, f150
Ford F-150 Onboard Scales, does yours read 0 when truck is as built off the line (no driver, no additional weight)? Screenshot_20220715-004744

This thread got me reading again. I found this frame on YouTube, but the video didn't really explain it. It looks like there is a base weight that is included by default so that you can be outside the vehicle, load the vehicle and know if you will be over the payload when you get in the vehicle. But also that this can be reset... Has anyone tried this?

Sponsored

Jeff1024

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Know you are busy, but any luck with how you have this setup? I have an open case /w Ford and they have actually called me twice telling me they are working on it, but so far no resolution.
So bumping my old thread. Ford just called, they found the issue /w the app not connecting via bluetooth. They have promised a fix in the next version of the fordpass app. I am Cautiously optimistic this may fix it.

If my ticket is the one that fixes this for everyone I expect many thanks and thumbs up in this thread lol. We will see.

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I just ran across this thread today after searching scales info.

On FB there was a guy using Forscan to lower the weight his truck was reporting on his onboard scales. His scales were reporting about 1200 lbs as the current load and he said he was able to lower it to 500 lbs. I would link to the post on FB but I don’t think I can? The video didn’t really show much.

I took a screenshot of the vid. I can see he is in the VDM module and there are two adjustments. Payload weight in kg and lb.

I looked in Forscan and all I have for the VDM module is the as-built. No plain English option. So I couldn’t even get to where he was. I have the latest Forscan version too.

Hmmm.

Here is the screenshot.

Ford F-150 Onboard Scales, does yours read 0 when truck is as built off the line (no driver, no additional weight)? 998D92E7-6477-46BD-B9C5-7525F43CDD72

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I just ran across this thread today after searching scales info.

On FB there was a guy using Forscan to lower the weight his truck was reporting on his onboard scales. His scales were reporting about 1200 lbs as the current load and he said he was able to lower it to 500 lbs. I would link to the post on FB but I don’t think I can? The video didn’t really show much.

I took a screenshot of the vid. I can see he is in the VDM module and there are two adjustments. Payload weight in kg and lb.

I looked in Forscan and all I have for the VDM module is the as-built. No plain English option. So I couldn’t even get to where he was. I have the latest Forscan version too.

Hmmm.

Here is the screenshot.

998D92E7-6477-46BD-B9C5-7525F43CDD72.png
That's good news though because it would imply that we onboard scales guys will eventually have AsBuilt changes documented for us to follow.
I don't think the fella had any different view in Forscan than you do, but he somehow had access to potential value edits in one or more of those AsBuilt fields.

Reactions: 780

Sponsored

Jeff1024

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
That's good news though because it would imply that we onboard scales guys will eventually have AsBuilt changes documented for us to follow.
I don't think the fella had any different view in Forscan than you do, but he somehow had access to potential value edits in one or more of those AsBuilt fields.
This is awesome news. Hopefully someone smarter than me with Forscan will post instructions.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is awesome news. Hopefully someone smarter than me with Forscan will post instructions.
I'm looking for the same kind of tweaking to the VDM module for the CCD suspension settings.
Ford tied each setting to the driver's mode, instead of making it independent like they do in the Raptor. So you can't get the better damping map (subjective) of Sport Mode if you are in Normal Mode.

If I didn't have a Powerboost, I'd stay in the so called Sport Mode even for just casual driving. I like the transmission shift strategy and the CCD strategy much better.

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
It’s hard to see but if you look close at the screenshot, you can see the title of the Forscan tab his is in. It’s “VDM module configuration”. If you are in the as-built, it adds “(AS BUILT …)” to the end of that description in the tab. Plus it looks like how the plain english pages look.

Who knows. I wouldn’t even know where to begin to make changes to the as built values for this, but I agree it does show some promise.

Plus earlier in this thread Antho said he didn’t recommend making changes in there so I’m steering clear for now 😁

vidwiz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
When I get a chance I will try to document what settings I have in Sync and my Android. I got it all to work but not because of scales. I wanted remote control of the generator so I don't have to go outside the RV to fire it up.
Thanks for your contributions to this eye opening thread, I have all the same problems just about to dig in but first. I can remote start my truck and I can remotely start the gen. However, Havent played with this much yet but it seems I will still have to exit my trailer to go to the truck to manually push the start button in between those two steps based upon what fordpass told me. It wouldnt start gen until I did the manual press. Or am I missing something?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for your contributions to this eye opening thread, I have all the same problems just about to dig in but first. I can remote start my truck and I can remotely start the gen. However, Havent played with this much yet but it seems I will still have to exit my trailer to go to the truck to manually push the start button in between those two steps based upon what fordpass told me. It wouldnt start gen until I did the manual press. Or am I missing something?
You aren't missing anything.
(1)We still are required to physically enter the truck to enable Generator mode, yet we aren't required to enter the truck to (2) shut Generator mode off, or to (3) shut the truck down.

However, #2 does absolutely require FordPass to recognize that it has a Bluetooth connection to the truck, rather than a cellular connection. Currently even that is hit & miss for many. Seems like Ford fixes and then breaks that feature often. Pretty frustrating because I can't find a pattern to why it DOES recognize the Bluetooth connection or why it doesn't. It certainly isn't any change that the end user is making.
Sponsored