First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 King Ranch Powerboost
Occupation
Information Technology
Does lane centering work when a trailer is connected? If not, is there a FORScan code to activate it?
Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
The ping pong effect would get interesting with a trailer. Too much fun for me. I don't see why it would not work unless there is something in code to prevent it when trailer plug detected.

hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150, 1965 F-100
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hands-on lane centering works while towing. Bluecruise does not.

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
I did not like it on icy roads last winter , I would not want it turned on when I am pulling a trailer.

Sponsored

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
It works, but trailer sway is the issue.
I have a WDH with sway control, I turn off lane centering and the onboard trailer sway control when towing.

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
Ya the lane centering will start off ok, then get progressively worse as it overcorrects every time, resulting in trailer sway.

If you have a very flat perfect road with no passing vehicles, it sometimes works for a bit. But it’s not worth the sway that could and would happen.

Groovicles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT PB
It works, but trailer sway is the issue.
I have a WDH with sway control, I turn off lane centering and the onboard trailer sway control when towing.
I'm curious, why would you turn off the onboard sway control while towing? Wouldn't the WDH + sway control bar + onboard sway control be the safest way to tow?

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I'm curious, why would you turn off the onboard sway control while towing? Wouldn't the WDH + sway control bar + onboard sway control be the safest way to tow?
The onboard sway control fights the WDH, creating sway. I notice every time I get to highway speed, goes away as soon as I turn it off. I have a friend with a similar trailer, same truck and WDH, his experience is the exact same as mine.

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
This is apparently a trailer and weight specific issue.

Some don't have to turn off sway control and some can use lane centering while towing.

The only constant I know of, if it is one, is how heavy, with heavier being worse, to the point of being unusable.

Could be the weight, could be the set up of the WDH.

One of the benefits of the weigh safe hitch I'll be using on my first big tow with this truck later this week, is hopefully being able to more precisely dial in the weight bars and be able to use both anti sway and lane centering.

I'll let ya know.

Sponsored

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Union Carpenter
This is apparently a trailer and weight specific issue.

Some don't have to turn off sway control and some can use lane centering while towing.

The only constant I know of, if it is one, is how heavy, with heavier being worse, to the point of being unusable.

Could be the weight, could be the set up of the WDH.

One of the benefits of the weigh safe hitch I'll be using on my first big tow with this truck later this week, is hopefully being able to more precisely dial in the weight bars and be able to use both anti sway and lane centering.

I'll let ya know.
This is the 1st time I've seen Weight Safe. Looks very similar to the 4 point Equalizer I use.

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
This is the 1st time I've seen Weight Safe. Looks very similar to the 4 point Equalizer I use.
Functions the same but way easier to adjust (no washers, just loosen and then retighten 2 bolts) and the built in scale to dial it in depending on the load.

You can literally adjust it each time.

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Lane Centering works, but it's sometimes uncomfortable. With zero wind, I've had it work a few times satisfactorily. However, with a little cross breeze, the trailer gets pushed, which causes lane centering to engage, then the trailer gets pushed, which causes lane centering to engage, and you can end up bouncing back and forth between the lines (just a little, but enough that it feels like you're ALWAYS fighting your steering wheel to keep in control--it's not a comfortable feeling.)

Every time I tow, I turn it on at the beginning to see if it'll work, but frequently turn it off pretty quickly. I do keep the adaptive cruise turned on, so I really appreciate that you can turn one or both systems on and off independently.

Big Smokey

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4X4 Platinum 7.2 KW Powerboost
I do not use lane cantering as I find it over corrects. I do use adaptive cruise and it works well. I also use sway control but find little difference on or off. I have a Blue Ox Swaypro WDH setup and I really like it.

GadgetB1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Occupation
Software Engineer
Did a 1800 mile trip last month towing a travel trailer and lane centering works sort of… It induces trailer sway at times from constant small corrections (ping pong effect) and at other times there is no issues and I can use it for a while. Its really nice when it works.
Sponsored