Sponsored

Is there any option you didn't get and now wish you did?

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
Figured that is what I would hear. Since my order is not in build status I would assume I can still have my dealer add it in. Heck..what's another $460!
I feel like a baby-back-b*tch using it but the power tailgate is pretty convenient. I've been avoiding the step so far (out of stupid pride) but once I start camping here soon I'm sure it will get a lot of use.
Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
At this point, looking again at my order, I am 100% satisfied. Truck will be here in mere days. When I am going to have the 'wish I had' thoughts will be when the 2022 spec's come out and there is something new (like maybe the multi-function tailgate), but I am sure I'll just shrug is off and go back to loving my truck.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I feel like a baby-back-b*tch using it but the power tailgate is pretty convenient. I've been avoiding the step so far (out of stupid pride) but once I start camping here soon I'm sure it will get a lot of use.
Dude I’m in my 20s and use my step every time I’ve gotten in the bed.

Colin.Drury

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat - 66 Mustang 289
Occupation
Recreation Industry
What Package does that come with? I know you got the King Ranch but I was wondering how to find it. I got the Lariat 502A High and I don't see front parking sensors. Are the front parking sensors buried in a package that doesn't make sense? Something like Max tow or something?
i believe it is in the Assist 2.0. I got lucky and added it to my order last week just before it go picked.

Brad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 XLT, 2021 F150 Lariat
I wanted the tailgate step, but in the lariat it was packaged with the powered tailgate and couldn’t justify the $1k for the step/power tailgate. I also opted out of the work surface due to some folks reporting delays, wondering if I will regret not getting it.

Sponsored

brnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat
my kids are 8 and it’s their favorite feature on the truck.
I was skeptical about the value of the step, but ditto re: the kids. 8 and 4. They love it!

ddfarmer

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
I have a Platinum Ecoboost with just about every option available. I'm glad I did. The only thing I didn't do was the generator becuase I wanted the lockable storage under the back seat, which you couldn't have if you ordered it with the generator (Unless I went powerboost). Granted, the platinum or any higher end with all the options, is more expensive, and I get that much of the decision boils down to $$ vs must have. However, in my experience (and IMO) an extra $$ may hurt now, but it doesn't doesn't matter or seem to hurt as much 5 years down the road. 5 years later, I'm glad I have it and the extra amount seems almost insignificant. Yes, you can add certain things later, but I'm not a fan of making huge mods on a brand new truck especially during warranty period. For example, i'm glad I have the large screen with wireless apple car play. It's amazing, and somethign nearly impossible to add later and that integrates so well with the truck. Same with B&O unleashed. I have the tow mirrors. Love them and wouldn't tow without them. And trying to add them later is another near impossibility, especially with the same features and cost. I may not use the fold down work storage often, but for $175, I have it when I may need it and that amount usually seems insignificant 5 years from now. I love the tailgate, step, etc. Lastly, if you are one to trade in or replace in 3 to 5 years or even longer, your ability to sell and get better value on your used vehicle is improved by the increased options.

Henryrlee

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F-150 platinum ordered 2004 F350 2021 plt exp
Occupation
Us army retired
I would have tossed in the max recline, but I tried to game the system strategically by not selecting it as it was "Late availability" and wouldn't be available until - get this - until DECEMBER. There have literally been hundreds of trucks being delivered on this forum or in lots with that feature, while I'm still sitting here truckless.

Again, just order everything you want if you have the finances!
I also left off max recline ordered October 1 and still nothing

Sponsored

Gman73

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger, 2021 Ford F-150 on order
Occupation
Facilities Manager
Just spoke to my dealer today and he said I am 11 days away from the scheduled build and already have a VIN, so it is too late to add the step tailgate. I guess I don't know if that is true, but I have no reason to not believe him.
From what I understand in conversations I have had with my dealership, is you can make changes up to the point Ford picks up the order into the production systems (unclean-scheduled) and then you can t make any changes.

ryken

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Sport; '19 Honda Odyssey
Wish I got:

Workspace (I didn't want it because I didn't want a motor in my shifter. Jokes on me. Truck has the motorized shifter but not the workspace, and the center counsel armrest is a huge waste of space. Criminal for dealers to not be ordering this once they see what a non-workspace truck looks like.)
Extended Running Boards (pretty cheap and would be nice for bed access)
Co-Pilot 2.0 Active Prep (wanted hands free driving, but sacrificed this to get one off the lot)

Wasn't sure about it, but glad I have it:

360 Camera (makes parking so easy)
Moonroof (love the light in the cab)
Unleashed (definitely better than standard B&O)

Glad I didn't get it:

Power Tailgate (wasn't worth the payload penalty and the Lariat still comes with auto-down, which is 85% of the convenience anyway)

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
Wasn't sure about it, but glad I have it:

360 Camera (makes parking so easy)
Moonroof (love the light in the cab)
Unleashed (definitely better than standard B&O)
The 360 camera is by far my favorite upgrade. My truck is about 2" shorter than my driveway, so the 360 camera is wonderful for pulling within cm of the garage door. It has also been amazing for pulling into parking spots since I am still getting used to the size of a truck versus a lifetime of sedans or SUVs.

M4X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat "Sport" FX4
Honestly I sort of wish I would have chosen the F-250 + Godzilla option, but im glad I didn't given the incoming 2022 "refresh".
Sponsored