Sponsored

Is there any option you didn't get and now wish you did?

F150 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Paint Horse
I had to re-order due to my dealer leaving off a few important items, so it made me wonder if others left stuff off and then later regretted not getting?

I might regret not getting the extended step bar.
Sponsored

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
I did not order this truck but took one off the lot.
If I would to order one and I may have to as I will want to return the one I got with all the rust and worse corrosion on the exhaust sytem from the factory.
I would add the better sound system the Bang & Olufsen uleashed vs. the standard B&O that is in my truck now. I would add the arm rest that turns into a work area too. Normally I am not a fan of chrome but the chrome on this Lariat fits the look IMHO>

MJEngstrom

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 BMW X3, 2021 F-150 Lariat 502A
Occupation
IT
I am still waiting for my Lariat 502A 3.5 EB to be delivered. This was not a custom build, but one that the dealer had in pipeline. If I could have afforded it, I wish I upgraded to Platinum and switched to Hybrid with 7.2kw pro power onboard so I could run things like a air compressor, blender, etc.. for camping. Mine has sports package and I have not seen interior in person so a little nervous if I will like it. But I was also not crazy about wheels on Platinum and additional chrome.

I also debated whether I should have gone with longer bed for more room for bikes and gear. But that would mean there would be no chance of it fitting in my garage.

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
Lockable storage in the rear was one I asked to get added to my build but didn't make it. If I did it over again I would probably have upgraded to the 7.2kwh option. Neither of this are a big deal really, I won't lose sleep over not having either.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I would have tossed in the max recline, but I tried to game the system strategically by not selecting it as it was "Late availability" and wouldn't be available until - get this - until DECEMBER. There have literally been hundreds of trucks being delivered on this forum or in lots with that feature, while I'm still sitting here truckless.

Again, just order everything you want if you have the finances!

Sponsored

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
I bought a Platinum off the lot also. This truck had the 7.2 kW, moon roof and Max tow, all of which I wasn't going to get but am very glad I did. Only thing is the work surface and max recline. Prob would not use them but very cool. They are probably the only two options I don't have

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I'd do without Max Tow and add the work surface (I think I can add it anyway). Other than that I'm happy, esp considering I bought it off the lot.

OP
OP
F150 Voodoo

F150 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Paint Horse
I would add the better sound system the Bang & Olufsen uleashed vs. the standard B&O that is in my truck now.
It seems like Ford has made the standard B&O option weak on purpose to sell the upgraded Unleashed version. I haven't heard either, but lots of people wish they had the unleashed version.

For the normal person, it cannot be that much of a difference right?

truck trader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Outdoor Industry
I wish I’d ordered a loaded out Lariat instead of a loaded King Ranch. I’ve been in a few Lariats and I find the seat much more comfortable.

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
Tow mirrors- After putting 5K miles on my truck and almost all of it long road trips, the standard mirrors are way to small. Even if you aren’t towing. I plan on adding tow mirrors once the parts are available.

Sponsored

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
It seems like Ford has made the standard B&O option weak on purpose to sell the upgraded Unleashed version. I haven't heard either, but lots of people wish they had the unleashed version.

For the normal person, it cannot be that much of a difference right?
I find the unleashed system to be pretty weak. The system in my wife’s jaguar is significantly better and her car was cheaper. I suggest saving your money and installing a system yourself.

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
Bought mine off the lot, one thing I think I could really use is the lockable storage - for ummm.... storing stuff... I think there will probably be some better options for more secure lockable storage for these trucks which would come in handy. The generator / pro power would be a nice to have but I would probably use it a handful of times over the life of the truck. If I was a camper / rv guy though it would be a must. Reclining seats are a cool feature but if I'm sleeping in my truck I'm probably close to losing the truck and splitting everything I own in half. Mine is a pretty bare bones 701A if there's such a thing. Did not get the big gas tank, FX4 or rear locker but neither of those was a big deal / must have for me. For the price of the truck and what I'm going to do with it I've got way more capability than I will probably use not to mention higher than average payload for a Platinum at 1667 which is key for my usage. My must haves were the 3.5EB, 4x4, pano roof, 360 cameras, co-pilot, either smoked quartz or AMB and the folding console.

RawFord

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150/ 2005 GTO
Occupation
Console operator
Got a king ranch with 360 cam package and it doesn’t even have front parking sensors. My fault for not looking more into it, but you would think a king ranch would come with them standard.

fordman2112

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum , Rapid Red Powerboost, BAP
Occupation
retired
Yes, I would like to have the front parking sensors. I ordered mine early, and it was confusing to me as to what i needed to get the front parking aid. I am hoping that it can be a dealer add on at some point. I think they did a poor job of explaining how to get that option.
Sponsored