Sponsored

PSA: Check your fuse box for any electrical issues (and any option controlled by a fuse)

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Just a point of interest. If you are having any issues with any electrical components of your truck, check the fuse box. These fuse boxes are notorious for being placed into the trucks with the fuses and relays in them not completely in place. This is not just a Ford issue, but the past 3 vehicles I have gotten this year (Jeep and 2 F150s) all were delivered to me with 90%+ of the fuses not completed clicked into place. This can cause electrical components to behave erratically. Just an FYI.
Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Good to know!

kindrean

First Name
Holden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Super Crew
Occupation
Director of Analytics
I just want to say what an absolute life and time saver this thread was. The tweeter in my pax side A column was not working, checked all the fuses, re-seated 80% of them, tweeter was working.

This was after I had removed, switched, and just about checked everything else - so thank you!

fluffernutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat PB
+1 on this. My truck got delivered with 'trailer module fault' and going into the fuse box, nearly half of the fuses weren't pushed fully down. Def go under the hood (and anywhere else we have fuses, not sure if there are some inside the cabin as well) and make sure all relays and fuses are fully pushed down.

Maybe a robot at the factory puts these in, or they wiggle out during transport, but def saves headaches when troubleshooting anything fuse related.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
+1 on this. My truck got delivered with 'trailer module fault' and going into the fuse box, nearly half of the fuses weren't pushed fully down. Def go under the hood and make sure all relays and fuses are pushed down.

Maybe a robot at the factory puts these in, or they wiggle out during transport, but def saves headaches when troubleshooting anything fuse related.
And in our trucks it seems that EVERYTHING is fuse related. ;)

RedDragon65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
Concur on this, checked mine yesterday and 90%+ werent fully seated

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Seated all mine yesterday because of trailer issues. Battery wasn't charging and running signal issues. This fixed the battery charge issue, turn signal and brake light issue still needs to be resolved
Sponsored