First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum Powerstroke
Occupation
Realtor / Entrepreneur
I just got my 2021 Ford F150 Platinum Powerstroke 3.0L truck (pic below). Out of curiosity, what are your top 5 (or 10) features you wish you had known earlier since owning your truck? As always, post pictures.

One of the features I just recently learned yesterday is the Auto Stop, which keeps your truck stationary after a complete stop and will not move unless you accelerate. Love this feature.

She's dirty but here she is. Have not cleaned her up yet but will soon. Build thread to come soon.
Ford F-150 Top 5 (or 10) Features You Wish You Had Known Earlier Since Owning A 14th Gen IMG_2998

-DK
Sponsored

Last edited:

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
One of the features I just recently learned yesterday is the Auto Stop, which keeps your truck stationary after a complete stop and will not move unless you accelerate. Love this feature.
If I am not mistaken, you are referring to the auto-hold feature

As for me, this truck blows me away every time I sit in it still. It is the most expensive and nicest vehicle I have ever owned, hands down.

OP
OP
motivology

motivology

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Realtor / Entrepreneur
If I am not mistaken, you are referring to the auto-hold feature

As for me, this truck blows me away every time I sit in it still. It is the most expensive and nicest vehicle I have ever owned, hands down.
I could have sworn I saw Auto Stop when I activated the feature yesterday, but you might be right. I am learning more & more about this truck - and loving every bit of it.

Most expensive F150 I've purchased, no doubt :ROFLMAO: Hopefully it will last me a long time.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I could have sworn I saw Auto Stop when I activated the feature yesterday, but you might be right. I am learning more & more about this truck - and loving every bit of it.

Most expensive F150 I've purchased, no doubt :ROFLMAO: Hopefully it will last me a long time.
Well I believe the auto start stop also kicked on, but there is an auto-hold feature that will actually keep the brakes applied for you until you press the gas pedal.

I always tell myself that "I'm keeping this vehicle a long time" but most of my vehicles don't last more than 3 years, usually less haha

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
The 360 cameras I am using more than I thought I would.

Pro Trailer back up is pretty neat too. Although I'm still finding it counter intuitive.

CarPlay has been really nice. 1st vehicle I've had with it.

As we get into the crappy weather season, I'll be trying out the drive modes.

As far as features I wish I had known about.... Lance centering and adaptive cruise. I thought it was just going to be nannies that beep at you. Not till I used it on my wifes Bronco Sport did I realize what it did. Wish I had included it when I ordered my truck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
motivology

motivology

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Realtor / Entrepreneur
Well I believe the auto start stop also kicked on, but there is an auto-hold feature that will actually keep the brakes applied for you until you press the gas pedal.

I always tell myself that "I'm keeping this vehicle a long time" but most of my vehicles don't last more than 3 years, usually less haha
I would have known if it was auto start stop. So I guess what I was talking about is what you mentioned - Auto-hold.

Haha - well I think this one is a keeper due to the fact it is fully loaded except the safe (based on what I know so far) and it was the last year Ford made 3.0L Powerstroke diesel.

Until Ford makes another 3.0L Powerstroke diesel for F150's in the future, I'll be keeping this until then. :cool:

The 360 cameras I am using more than I thought I would.

Pro Trailer back up is pretty neat too. Although I'm still finding it counter intuitive.

CarPlay has been really nice. 1st vehicle I've had with it.

As we get into the crappy weather season, I'll be trying out the drive modes.

As far as features I wish I had known about.... Lance centering and adaptive cruise. I thought it was just going to be nannies that beep at you. Not till I used it on my wifes Bronco Sport did I realize what it did. Wish I had included it when I ordered my truck.
I use 360 cameras all the time in my other vehicles - they are very useful. I have yet to try the pro trailer backup... not that I need it, but to test it out. Apple CarPlay is a huge plus for me, especially wireless. No need to plug phone in for that feature, like I have to in my 2019 Range Rover Sport (also a diesel!).

I am curious how lane centering & adaptive cruise/BlueCruise will work compare to my RRS's system. I hope similar, if not - better than that.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I just got my 2021 Ford F150 Platinum Powerstroke 3.0L truck (pic below). Out of curiosity, what are your top 5 (or 10) features you wish you had known earlier since owning your truck? As always, post pictures.

She's dirty but here she is. Have not cleaned her up yet but will soon. Build thread to come soon.
IMG_2998.jpg

-DK
So glad you're enjoying your Powerstroke! That's a beautiful F-150.

OP
OP
motivology

motivology

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Realtor / Entrepreneur
So glad you're enjoying your Powerstroke! That's a beautiful F-150.
Thank you! I hope you guys bring back the 3.0L Powerstroke Diesel for F150's soon again.

Until then, I'll be keeping this baby around for a while.

Keep making great trucks!
Sponsored