Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
No way will 15th gen be last ICE model. The lightning, or any other electric pickup truck will never, I repeat NEVER be able to conveniently tow a camper on your family vacation. Not unless you want to stop every 100 miles for a 1-2 hour break, at charging stations that don't exist yet, and still pay $80+ to "refuel".

The automakers rapid switch and huge investment into BEVs is driven by governmental intervention right now (ICE bans post 2035, etc), and not consumer demand. These mandates will be rolled back once reality sets in for our politicians who don't understand basic physics.
Oh I am aware it’s not consumer demand lol
Sponsored

RuggedGoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XLT 157" 302a
My prediction: at some point, perhaps about 10 years from now, this will all reach a head. Where BEVs are still very expensive, heavy, have the same ~300 mile range they do now, still need 1+ hour to recharge without really straining your battery, and suffer huge range losses when towing a parachute behind you. So consumer demand will never fully align for many of us, and then it becomes a question of whether politicians really refuse to bend to the desires of both consumers and automakers - to make the cars and trucks that people actually want.

In any case, back on topic: Ford really wasn't kidding when they said they would simplify the options and packages on these 2024 F150s. And I am surprised to see them take a financial hit by pushing the Powerboost harder. If RAM can get 25+ mpg from their upcoming gas/hybrid powertrains and find a way to push payload closer to 2000 lbs, I will have to reconsider things!

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
These mandates will be rolled back once reality sets in for our politicians who don't understand basic physics.
The ICE 2035 thing is too far out to tell. There's no telling what a post AGI future holds. A whole bunch of things are going to be radically different the week after human programming and R&D / engineering goes out the window.

RuggedGoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XLT 157" 302a
Whoa. Spoken like a true futurist, lol.
I'm also an AGI skeptic. It sucks, I want no part of that world. Will it be forced upon me? Perhaps.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Whoa. Spoken like a true futurist, lol.
I'm also an AGI skeptic. It sucks, I want no part of that world. Will it be forced upon me? Perhaps.
It's coming if ya want it or not. I don't think there's going to be any warning on it either. Once a system is starting to show insane exponential growth potential, I don't expect to be told about it until it's already beyond the point of being able to rein it in. It could be one little recursive emergent phenomena away. Tesla scrapping their FSD code after building a new simple Ai model is an example. Tossing ~6 years of work using a simple ai system they created in a few months has already produced superior results.

Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
So you cant get a Lariat 5.0 V8 with 2kw pro power on board? Am i reading this correctly? Its available with the Tremor 5.0 V8 but not the lariat.

hokieinidaho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 '04
After 20 years on my '04 (coming up in Nov) and 219k miles, I was waiting for the order banks to open to get what I've been waiting for. How disappointing. They did away with my color, the ability to delete Chrome (BAP/Sport Appearance Package), and the worst.... made it so you cannot get the most powerful engine (below Raptor), that being the PowerBoost, when combined with the Telescoping Tow mirrors. I figured it was a consumer configurator mistake, but after getting with my sales guy and watching his head spin like mine did, we came to wonder how Ford is going to double their 10% hybrid sales to 20%. I'm perplexed.

So, instead, I have a new '23 waiting to be picked up. Had everything I wanted, minus the color I was hoping for (Azure Metalic Grey). But I got my mirrors, my 157", my Sport Appearance Package, & more.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
In an earlier thread there was a vid posted about the HUD. The vid was not the greatest and is showed the HUD to be quite rudimentary. However I did see a good vid on the Super Duty HUD and it was significantly better than than what was on that first vid. If the F-150 HUD is what Ford is using already for the Super Duty, than that HUD is actually pretty good. Time will tell.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Ahhh 2035 mandates.
Wasn't that long ago it was 2030 mandates?
They added 5 years easily enough.

Even pushing it out 5 years, they still exempted 3/4 ton and above. (of course they did)
And all the F150 will need is a bigger Powerboost battery with a plug on it and it will meet 2035 requirements.

Trucks with ICE under the hood aren't going away. Gen15 & Gen16 and..... I'm guessing will be towing RV's and boats.
Just one dinosaur's opinion :)

Retired Pa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 F150
Occupation
Retired
Ahhh 2035 mandates.
Wasn't that long ago it was 2030 mandates?
They added 5 years easily enough.

Even pushing it out 5 years, they still exempted 3/4 ton and above. (of course they did)
And all the F150 will need is a bigger Powerboost battery with a plug on it and it will meet 2035 requirements.

Trucks with ICE under the hood aren't going away. Gen15 & Gen16 and..... I'm guessing will be towing RV's and boats.
Just one dinosaur's opinion :)

Sponsored

Truckguy24

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 f150 2007 Mustang GT
Much more limited paint colors as well.
I suspect STX will be the biggest seller, taking over from XLT......
Definitely noticed the lack of colors myself.

I think you are correct on the STX overtaking the XLT as most popular. I would be a typical XLT buyer, but the features over the years have become standard on a STX.

Then you factor in you're over $50,000 MSRP for a lot of configurations in an STX, I don't know how most people can afford much higher than that. Just my observation though.

STX is plenty for me personally and best value imo.

Detroit87

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 lariat
Occupation
Sub station operator
Went to Detroit auto show yesterday, 2024s looked better in person than online. Especially the tremor. They wouldn't let me play with the tailgate though...

C_Harris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 SQ King Ranch
Occupation
Health Care
So the question that I'm wondering: are the multi contour seats with active motion back? I have my dream '22 King Ranch, but that option got deleted on me. There has to be some way to get the whole seats and just swap it out.
I'd consider a '24 KR, but they don't have a good color that goes with that secondary color (except black) and no V8. What a shame.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Definitely noticed the lack of colors myself.

I think you are correct on the STX overtaking the XLT as most popular. I would be a typical XLT buyer, but the features over the years have become standard on a STX.

Then you factor in you're over $50,000 MSRP for a lot of configurations in an STX, I don't know how most people can afford much higher than that. Just my observation though.

STX is plenty for me personally and best value imo.
I remember being frustrated that my 2018 STX was $44k. Same truck now is about $56k
Sponsored