Sponsored

2022 MISSING FEATURES: Ambient Lighting & Differences In DEATC between 2021 and 2022 F-150s?

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
i ordered and just got NL3LZ-1513562-DA is the rear cup holder and comes without the three spring loaded tabs. and thats the replacement part number . so not sure how to get the other ones
Wrong part number, the correct one is -DB, which you can’t get from Ford. Discontinued. Have to buy used or luck into old stock
Sponsored

Gallagher023

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 LARIAT 501A
Knickell Can you update the first post with below info?

Here is the current list of all lights and features so far that I know of that are gone in the 2022 F150.

1. Cup Holder Ambient Lights (I have added this back, this needed a custom harness, and if you use the 21 parts without the 21 cup holder you will need to do some slight filing of the clasp nubs to the cup holder) - 2021 Part # HC37-14A318-C (cup light ring) and Part # HC37-14A318-E (cup light) - Color Change Parts from 2017 F150 will also work

2. All Doors have their Secondary Ambient Light which was for Door Cupholder directed Illumination removed (I have added this back, you have options) - Color Change Parts Installed from 2017 F150 however resizing of cabling, zip ties and screws needed (currently only entry exit color change works with the 2022 F150. Forscan changes do not currently enable proper color changing)

2021 Plug and Play Part #’s
ML3Z-13C724-A (Driver)
ML3Z-14A318-G (Passenger)

ML3Z-13C724-C (Left Rear)
ML3Z-13C724-B (Right Rear)

Unplug and de-route existing single light and replace with dual light, Only other thing needed are some screws for mounting originally missing secondary light (unknown exact screw size, will update with sizing later)

3. Media Bin Light (Working on adding this back will be connected to the center console w/ custom harness) - Ordered

4. Glove Box Light (I have added this back, this needed a custom harness that is connected to the center console) - 2021 Part # ML3Z-14A411-C

5. LCD Readout Temperature Adjustment Dials (I have added this back, this is plug and play) - 2021 Platinum Part # ML3T-18C612-DE

6. Leftmost and Rightmost Vents no longer have an adjustment dial to turn off air flow instead you must manually close vent (Not working on adding this back, closing vents isn’t something I’ve ever done, I might add part numbers)

7. Media Bin Snap In Phone Holder is no longer included - 3D Printing might be the only option

8. Rear Cup Holders Clasp Nubs are no longer present it is now just a Cup Holder without the clasping mechanism that the Front Cup Holders have (Not working on adding this back, I might add part numbers)

9. License plate lights are now Incandescent instead of LED (serviceability is better meaning you have a bulb instead of an entire assembly, and thankfully the bulb is easy to upgrade)

Either this is a part supply issue or an inflation issue and/or greed.

For the secondary door LED lighting did you every figure out the screw size needed?

ML3Z-13C724-A (Driver)

Unplug and de-route existing single light and replace with dual light, Only other thing needed are some screws for mounting originally missing secondary light (unknown exact screw size, will update with sizing later)

I have the leds orderd but wwant to get the right screws and amount.

Gallagher023

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 LARIAT 501A
Yeah like me. I like that it holds my kids drinks better. It's just a functionally better design if you ask me. Yeah the HVAC module with the temps isn't arguable better, but I really feel the springy rear cup holders are.

To each their own 😉

Edit, I'm also not bitching they removed them, but since they had them in the '21s, I'm gonna try and get a set to put in mine.
ML3Z-13C724-A (Driver)

Did you ever add the secondary LED dopor lighting kit? Do you know the correct screw sizes and how many per door?

Tremor14

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Aviator
Is it safe to assume left rear is drivers side? Also did anyone figure out the screw size?

I'm going to do a speaker upgrade soon and will be adding the ambient lights then.

Sponsored

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
did anyone figure out the screw size?
Thread forming screws #8 x 3/8 or 1/2, alternate M4 x 10mm
Cheapest - sheet metal screws #8 x 1/2 12 pack @ homedepot $1.50

If you get legit plastic thread forming in #8x3/8 or M4x10mm from McMaster-Carr they will run $9 to $12 for 25 / 50 packs.

All work, comes down to OCD level ;)

Buddy726

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Knickell Can you update the first post with below info?

Here is the current list of all lights and features so far that I know of that are gone in the 2022 F150.

1. Cup Holder Ambient Lights (I have added this back, this needed a custom harness, and if you use the 21 parts without the 21 cup holder you will need to do some slight filing of the clasp nubs to the cup holder) - 2021 Part # HC37-14A318-C (cup light ring) and Part # HC37-14A318-E (cup light) - Color Change Parts from 2017 F150 will also work

2. All Doors have their Secondary Ambient Light which was for Door Cupholder directed Illumination removed (I have added this back, you have options) - Color Change Parts Installed from 2017 F150 however resizing of cabling, zip ties and screws needed (currently only entry exit color change works with the 2022 F150. Forscan changes do not currently enable proper color changing)

ML3Z-13C724-A (Driver)

3. Media Bin Light (Working on adding this back will be connected to the center console w/ custom harness) - Ordered

4. Glove Box Light (I have added this back, this needed a custom harness that is connected to the center console) - 2021 Part # ML3Z-14A411-C

5. LCD Readout Temperature Adjustment Dials (I have added this back, this is plug and play) - 2021 Platinum Part # ML3T-18C612-DE

6. Leftmost and Rightmost Vents no longer have an adjustment dial to turn off air flow instead you must manually close vent (Not working on adding this back, closing vents isn’t something I’ve ever done, I might add part numbers)

7. Media Bin Snap In Phone Holder is no longer included - 3D Printing might be the only option

8. Rear Cup Holders Clasp Nubs are no longer present it is now just a Cup Holder without the clasping mechanism that the Front Cup Holders have (Not working on adding this back, I might add part numbers)

9. License plate lights are now Incandescent instead of LED (serviceability is better meaning you have a bulb instead of an entire assembly, and thankfully the bulb is easy to upgrade)

Either this is a part supply issue or an inflation issue and/or greed.
So when you put the dual light LEDs in the doors, did they work like factory?

J44snk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502a Long Box PB F150, 2016 Kia Sorento
I just did the Glove Box light, Media Bin, Cup Holder, and all 4 door ambient light upgrades on my 22 502a, I followed the PDF instructions and they were super helpful, I also ran a USB cable through the dash for my vent mounted MagSafe charger so I don’t have to keep opening the media bin and plugging the cable in.

Very happy with the results, and thank you @JHForman812 for the Custom Harnesses and instructions they worked perfect 👍

Instructions link https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...llation-media-bin-light-glove-box-light.8385/

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Bummer. I like the readout on the knobs, to me it makes it much easier to check at a quick glance vs trying to find it in a screen and taking my eyes off the road.

The ambient light is nice but there’s so much power available in the console that I’m sure there will be plenty of aftermarket options for those who want it.
I just like watching the number change when I say...

"Hello Ford, set temperature to 72 degrees"

Ha, ha... life's little pleasures!

Buddy726

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Dose anyone know where the color change is in forscan? I have 2023 f150 platinum

Sponsored

platinum99

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 Platinum 702A
I just checked my 2022 and the color sliders work now. My truck just did 6.5.0 powerup software.

nomarhits400

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Poweboost
Occupation
Analytical Chemist