Sponsored

2022 F-150 heated and cooled seats OEM conversion?

evoslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL RCSB 5.0
I'm just getting started on the swap as well. It looks like you have the 40a and 30a fuse under the hood for dr / ps seat power. But are missing fuse 38, 40a for seat heat.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
From top to bottom there are pictures of the under hood fuse box, passenger footwell fuse box, passenger seat connector and the driver seat connector.
Okay, looks like you've got enough spare fuses to make it work without running wires off of the battery.

Can you take a picture of C265 connector to make sure the pins are present? They should be. C265 is a PITA to get to. Remove passenger kick panel and reach up at the firewall and you'll feel it. It's about the size of a seat connector that you pictured. Need to see the upper portion of the connector from the under hood fuse box.

To power the DSM you'll want the pin for the power driver's seat (40a) on C265. To power the driver's seat you can use the sunroof's from the passenger kick panel (I don't think the XLs have sunroof option??). To power the passenger seat you'll just use the passenger seat's pin on 265.

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, BRZ
Okay, looks like you've got enough spare fuses to make it work without running wires off of the battery.

Can you take a picture of C265 connector to make sure the pins are present? They should be. C265 is a PITA to get to. Remove passenger kick panel and reach up at the firewall and you'll feel it. It's about the size of a seat connector that you pictured. Need to see the upper portion of the connector from the under hood fuse box.

To power the DSM you'll want the pin for the power driver's seat (40a) on C265. To power the driver's seat you can use the sunroof's from the passenger kick panel (I don't think the XLs have sunroof option??). To power the passenger seat you'll just use the passenger seat's pin on 265.
I will get the photo of that connector tomorrow when I have a minute but I wanted to check if you had to wire the C315 connector for your project. My seats came with the truck side connectors still in the seats and just cut where they came out of the seats. There were 12 wires ran into the C315 connection that I cannot find on the wiring diagram I bought. I believe they are higher trim level functions I will not need. I was able to find some connections in that connector that were for the power running boards but no other wires were labelled in my version of the wiring diagrams. I am assuming the version I have is for only wires that would belong to my trim level(The site asked for a vin number to generate the file) and that's why the other wires are not labeled?

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, BRZ

Here is a picture of C315 I was referring to in my previous reply.
Ford F-150 2022 F-150 heated and cooled seats OEM conversion? IMG_3180

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here is a picture of C315 I was referring to in my previous reply.
C315 is of no utility as stated in the post above. I have power pedals, but 315 only adds 'memory' to them (not to the XLT as it'd need position feedback and control run to the DSM). My truck is blue sticker -- the pedals have remained against the firewall from day 1.

I added wires, if you're looking to swap them, you may still run into issues around tapping into the bus (and the fact you don't have fuses / wires for the DSM -- you can however rearrange some wires / tap others). The harnesses are dependent on upstream harnesses so simply installing them still requires work. You can't simply replace the harness the seats connect to and expect it to work due to dependencies.

An option to consider is swapping pins on the DSM / driver seat power wire, and splitting the driver seat power wire from the passenger seat -- just don't put both seats under 'loaded' movement simultaneously. The DSM needs discrete power for fans and heaters requiring you to find another power source for driver seat movement.

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, BRZ
C315 is of no utility as stated in the post above. I have power pedals, but 315 only adds 'memory' to them (not to the XLT as it'd need position feedback and control run to the DSM). My truck is blue sticker -- the pedals have remained against the firewall from day 1.

I added wires, if you're looking to swap them, you may still run into issues around tapping into the bus (and the fact you don't have fuses / wires for the DSM -- you can however rearrange some wires / tap others). The harnesses are dependent on upstream harnesses so simply installing them still requires work. You can't simply replace the harness the seats connect to and expect it to work due to dependencies.

An option to consider is swapping pins on the DSM / driver seat power wire, and splitting the driver seat power wire from the passenger seat -- just don't put both seats under 'loaded' movement simultaneously. The DSM needs discrete power for fans and heaters requiring you to find another power source for driver seat movement.
Here’s the photo of C265.
Also to clarify you were saying I may need to run some wires to the 315 connections to avoid issues? Or will I only need to run those if I am looking to add features like the pedals?
Ford F-150 2022 F-150 heated and cooled seats OEM conversion? IMG_3190

Ford F-150 2022 F-150 heated and cooled seats OEM conversion? IMG_3189

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, BRZ

Just checking in on this question. If it’s good enough to skip the wires in C315 I’m going to order all the wires and connections to get this done in a week and a half.

Iceman2022

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Controls Engineer
Just checking in on this question. If it’s good enough to skip the wires in C315 I’m going to order all the wires and connections to get this done in a week and a half.
I did not connect anything to C315 and I was able to get all the features of my platinum seats working. Heat, cool, memory and massage.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C315 has no use for you with what you're doing. It's only use is for moving lariat+ memory pedals, moving the powered steering column, and possibly factory powered running boards (aftermarket are better IMO if you do want them).

Even if you decide you want powered folding mirrors with memory, that is accomplished solely by the door module to mirror harnesses with communication over canbus.

You could even add massage to the driver's seat if desired with just the DSM present with appropriate seat harness.

Sponsored

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, BRZ
Updates on this. Getting some work done this weekend and I realized I had taken a photo of the wrong end of 265 so I was able to get a photo of the correct end. Wanted to include it here to verify that it is complete enough as long as I add the fuses in the correct location. Can someone check my work to verify I have the correct pins to power the seat heaters.

Ford F-150 2022 F-150 heated and cooled seats OEM conversion? IMG_3260

dykzeulb

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Management
Picked up a set of 402a leather seats to replace my factory heated 401a- got them installed and lost the heat function. Looking at adding it back and hopefully gaining the cooled feature I do not see a DSM under the seat, nor did I under my factory seats - does anyone have a pic of what I am looking for?

Ford F-150 2022 F-150 heated and cooled seats OEM conversion? IMG_5637

Ford F-150 2022 F-150 heated and cooled seats OEM conversion? 71582992188__7D97841C-FDB4-4FFF-8FFD-6C5DCE106AAE

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Picked up a set of 402a leather seats to replace my factory heated 401a- got them installed and lost the heat function. Looking at adding it back and hopefully gaining the cooled feature I do not see a DSM under the seat, nor did I under my factory seats - does anyone have a pic of what I am looking for?
My understanding is that a 401 is a 302 / whereas the 402 is a 501+ which use the DSM and have completely different harnesses in the truck. You're going to have to run some wires to make it all work. Take a pic of what's under your new driver seat including what's on the bottom of the seat. The area of importance is the front underside -- your phone will be at a 45 degree angle on the floor pointing up at the seat to take this image.

dykzeulb

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Management
My understanding is that a 401 is a 302 / whereas the 402 is a 501+ which use the DSM and have completely different harnesses in the truck. You're going to have to run some wires to make it all work. Take a pic of what's under your new driver seat including what's on the bottom of the seat. The area of importance is the front underside -- your phone will be at a 45 degree angle on the floor pointing up at the seat to take this image.

Sorry for the delay! I have been slammed at work. It would appear the DSM did come with the seat (whoo!) AND the dual zone climate control with the heat and cooled seat option came in as well....

That is where the good news stops. I have no heat, no cool for the seats, nor do I have AC now, although the AC MAX button will illuminate and the dials illuminate displaying the temp. All I get is fan speed selection and defrost ect. I expect some Forscan changes need to take place and some replacement harnesses installed. At this point it looks like I will need some help on a shopping list and FORSCAN info - any help is greatly appreciated!

Ford F-150 2022 F-150 heated and cooled seats OEM conversion? 377473328_829136852208126_2418177495426522674_n

Ford F-150 2022 F-150 heated and cooled seats OEM conversion? 378162497_1075866173574212_3936389826061981604_n

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That is where the good news stops. I have no heat, no cool for the seats, nor do I have AC now, although the AC MAX button will illuminate and the dials illuminate displaying the temp. All I get is fan speed selection and defrost ect. I expect some Forscan changes need to take place and some replacement harnesses installed. At this point it looks like I will need some help on a shopping list and FORSCAN info - any help is greatly appreciated!
First thing's first, you need to PMI that HVAC control knob w/ FDRS, that's pretty easy assuming you have the cable and subscription. If not you may be able to go the forscan route? G

The bad news, you're going to have to make a wire bundle with appropriate pins to run between the driver and passenger seat connectors -- you know those big connection points that plug the seats into the vehicle, AND you're going to have run a twisted pair set of wires to tap into the MS1 bus so the DSM can actually talk to the truck. That bus runs to the DDM, the PDM, and other things, more info on page 2. The wires you need to add are listed in the image in this post, ignore the pin 13 info the bottom of the image. I'm going to check the resistance of the heaters to see if you truly need to run discrete power to C265 (Each seat's heating element comes out to 1.6ohms or ~120 watts at 14v). The circuit powering the driver's seat in 302/401 trucks also feeds both seat heaters via a branch to the HVAC unit from C265.
Sponsored

Last edited: