Sponsored

2022 MISSING FEATURES: Ambient Lighting & Differences In DEATC between 2021 and 2022 F-150s?

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
You mean, like the ones going on about springy rear cupholders?? Those guys.…

:LOL::LOL:

Sorry, couldn’t pass that one up ;)
Yeah like me. I like that it holds my kids drinks better. It's just a functionally better design if you ask me. Yeah the HVAC module with the temps isn't arguable better, but I really feel the springy rear cup holders are.

To each their own 😉

Edit, I'm also not bitching they removed them, but since they had them in the '21s, I'm gonna try and get a set to put in mine.
Sponsored

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
On my 21 the cup holders on the rear of the center console both had the “springy things” pop loose inside the cup holder. Neither were accessible and would have required the whole thing to be taken apart to fix. It bothered me for about 10 seconds. I figured I would tell the dealership to fix them during an maintenance visit, but I always forgot. Maybe the guy that bought it from me fixed them…

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
To each their own 😉
Couldn't agree with you more! All mods and views on features are subjective opinions at best. Usefulmess or just nice to have really makes little difference. If you paid your $$$, you can feel how you want about it.

That's why I've never really understand the occasional intolerance around the opinion's expressed by others for a given thing when one view is no more valid than another. If it wasn't obvious on first read, that was a joke meant to make light of it.

rayray3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
As someone that lost his 12" screen on my 2021 XLT 302a for 4 months while awaiting parts, I missed at least a dozen things that i could not control/use/view by the screen.

I WAS able to control temps via the led-number knobs. I couldn't control the vent direction or see fan speed and was just guessing.

Im wondering if the screen went out on non-led numbered knob trucks, can you not control the temps anymore? Possible, but still no way to gauge the temp settings, unlike the old school sliding knobs back in the day. Might be a very small argument to get/install them.

Sponsored

Buddy726

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150

ML3Z-1513562-DB

1659812546700.png

1659812594696.png
:(

To the junkyards...

No, for me the emotional side didn't want them either. Like I said before, if they were even slightly cool looking, and not 80's styled LCD numbers that aren't even centered on the knob, I might have wanted them.

I don't have a problem that people want them, that's fine, I just think people need to stop acting like this was a travesty to all F-150 owners, and we're the exception that we don't care. There are no true Scotsmen.
is this the part number for the cup holder with the spring holders?

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Received my HVAC control module today, ordered it earlier in the week. Part number ML3Z-19980-K $107.41 has the display in the dials. Hopefully will get a chance to swap it into my KR tomorrow.

The part I received had a production date of 2/19/22 on it, truck was built on 2/12/22 so Ford had these modules at the time for the 22's.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Received my HVAC control module today, ordered it earlier in the week. Part number ML3Z-19980-K $107.41 has the display in the dials. Hopefully will get a chance to swap it into my KR tomorrow.

The part I received had a production date of 2/19/22 on it, truck was built on 2/12/22 so Ford had these modules at the time for the 22's.
I’m sure that Ford can still get them, but either they aren’t able to get enough parts to keep up with full scale production OR as a cost savings measure they removed them from new builds

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm assuming there's a predictive threshold that has to be met or they have to decide whether to pull the plug.
If you think about it, pulling a feature from the assembly line 30, 60, 90 days in advance isn't necessarily because they "ran out" of something, but rather they can't KNOW that they won't run out of them.

Just in time inventory isn't the same thing as real time assembly line adjustment. That would invite chaos on a line with the pace of the F150.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
If you plug in the new HVAC module, check for DTCs. If you get "Module Not Configured" you need to write module configuration into the module using ForScan. If you get "Module Not Programmed" you will need to PMI the module via FDRS. The last step is not necessary, as it will not affect module functionality, but is necessary if you want to get rid of that DTC
I swapped my HVAC module today for one with the numbers in the dials. Since I still had a valid license for FDRS, I went to do the PMI procedure. Swapped the module when FDRS said to do it, but when FDRS read the module and checked Ford, it cam back and said the module was not valid for my vehicle and it couldn't download the software. So it seems Ford will not allow you to put a different version of the module in, unless there's a way to over ride things?

I did move the ASBuilt over via Forscan and everything works.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I swapped my HVAC module today for one with the numbers in the dials. Since I still had a valid license for FDRS, I went to do the PMI procedure. Swapped the module when FDRS said to do it, but when FDRS read the module and checked Ford, it cam back and said the module was not valid for my vehicle and it couldn't download the software. So it seems Ford will not allow you to put a different version of the module in, unless there's a way to over ride things?

I did move the ASBuilt over via Forscan and everything works.
Yea, I wouldn’t even mess with any of the FDRS stuff, it takes more software/hardware than most of us have access to to get the PMI done. Several of us have moved forward just with the as builts and not had issues

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
I'm assuming there's a predictive threshold that has to be met or they have to decide whether to pull the plug.
If you think about it, pulling a feature from the assembly line 30, 60, 90 days in advance isn't necessarily because they "ran out" of something, but rather they can't KNOW that they won't run out of them.

Just in time inventory isn't the same thing as real time assembly line adjustment. That would invite chaos on a line with the pace of the F150.
Just want to say, JIT manufacturing sucks. Especially when your suppliers/vendors can’t back you up.

Buddy726

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
is this the part number for the cup holder with the spring holders?
i ordered and just got NL3LZ-1513562-DA is the rear cup holder and comes without the three spring loaded tabs. and thats the replacement part number . so not sure how to get the other ones
Sponsored