Sponsored

2022 F-150 heated and cooled seats OEM conversion?

Wrx_traut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 POWERSTROKE
Hey Man! You wouldn't happen to have the HVAC control module and underseat connector pinout kicking around somewhere? I am trying to retrofit heated seats only into my 301A and basically make it a 302A (something like VIN 1FTEW1EP5MFB89621)

really appreciate the help!!!!!

Hey, Did you ever figure out how to get heat only? I was thinking about doing the same.
Sponsored

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
Hey, Did you ever figure out how to get heat only? I was thinking about doing the same.
I did a bit of research but have not touched it in about 2 weeks. Looks like it’s basically just wiring from the HVAC module as well as pulling out the seats themselves.
Kinda wondering between this and just doing a clazzio seat cover that has the heater pad

XLTnfkbb63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Alright I've been reading this thread for a while now. I keep going back and forth. Have a 2022 XLT super crew with 302a. Really want cooled seats. Have toyed around with the idea of Katzkins. But I really don't like the idea that it removes your factory heat function (as in you still have heated seats, but can't keep the factory control if you're adding cooled seats). Anyone have experience with this? Thoughts?

If I follow the advice in this thread, it seems buying the seats would be my biggest expense. As well as the factory temp control module. Both of those things I'm quite comfortable replacing/working on.

Some of the lingo for particular parts I'm not quite familiar with. I gather the DSM is under the driver seat, and I'd need a new one if it doesn't come with seats I find.

This is what I gather I'd need to do, please let me know where I'm incorrect:
- replace seats and temp control module with cooled capable seats and module
- run wires from driver's seat to pass
- run wires from DSM to...? Near passenger fuse box?
- Forscan

Please be gentle! Like I said, the physical changing of seats and control module I'm totally fine with. Wiring I'm fine with as well, I'm just not sure what/where all the harnesses are you speak of.

Also, for those who have done this, is there any market at all for your cloth take offs? Can you recoup any of the cost? Or are those just worthless?

Last edited:

Iceman2022

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Controls Engineer
I've asked this question before, but maybe just not in the right place. Has anyone installed 13th gen (15-20) heated/ cooled/ massage seats in a 21+ and gotten them to work? I just came across a "like new" set for the same price as it would cost to buy the parts to make the massage work in my driver's seat. They also match my interior better.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Just built another harness to add seats and PRBs to an XLT. Used 184' of wire, 40 pins and added 3 connectors. (Provisioned it for the kick switch which requires 2 more connectors)

Seats alone uses 102' of wire and 22 pins.
Sponsored