First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Sales
My dealer has had my truck for 8 days and has had many failed attempts to update. Today they informed me that screen is black and not responding. I did get a notice from Ford Pass that my truck was removed. I'm headed out there tomorrow to pickup a loaner. They claim that they have had a support case going with Ford. I'm very frustrated. Makes me very concerned about the technology in the Lightning that I have on order. Is Ford ready for advanced automotive technologies?
Sponsored

car3452

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Misery loves company. My truck has been in for a week, went in with a CAS # and Tech Hotline #. So far nothing and this morning going into FDRS just to see if anything is going on I see a "high Voltage System De-energizing" on my powerboost. Are they really pulling the battery on a hybrid for a software issue?

BarnoQc

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT 2021 Sport trim
Annnnnddd the price for the fail of the year !
Ford F-150 1.7.1 install failed (no OTA "fix") Fix now at dealers 279154923_732639141091936_2166029712026482061_n

BarnoQc

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT 2021 Sport trim
my dealer ordered mine the 13 april ............................ LOL
Ford F-150 1.7.1 install failed (no OTA "fix") Fix now at dealers 278926803_726753335148747_1434738279126794929_n

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
My truck goes back on Monday. Ford made the dealer order new cables, etc. before they would authorize replacement of the defective modules. Maybe new cables will work, but they worked on other trucks just fine. So now my dealer has a redundant set of cables and hardware that may or may not be needed. I am hopeful that my truck will be ready for my vacation on or about sometime this calendar year or possibly next year at this rate. Sorry for the sarcasm.... :eek::oops:o_O

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The cables Ford is suggesting for this procedure are not ordinarily used in a dealership service department. They would be far more common in an IT guys bag.
The fact that the procedure is so picky about which brand of cable will work is a little strange, but there's lots of evidence that it's true.

Regardless, the whole thing is just outside the wheelhouse of the average tech.
Meanwhile ordinary folks far from being an automotive technician are succeeding at updating their trucks and enabling the desired features.

It's a very strange moment in the industry

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Well, just picked up my truck for the second time. 7 days the first time and 5 this time. Still not repaired from the greyed out OTA buttons. I'm the Guiney pig for this dealership. They did get a second F-150 in with the same problem. They are putting him off until they get mine correct. They told me they got a couple modules updated but still can't get the TSB to work. They say the updated the trailer control mod as per the recall. Can anyone check and see where I stand vin 1FTFW1ED5MFC06184

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Well, just picked up my truck for the second time. 7 days the first time and 5 this time. Still not repaired from the greyed out OTA buttons. I'm the Guiney pig for this dealership. They did get a second F-150 in with the same problem. They are putting him off until they get mine correct. They told me they got a couple modules updated but still can't get the TSB to work. They say the updated the trailer control mod as per the recall. Can anyone check and see where I stand vin 1FTFW1ED5MFC06184
I'm pming you everything regarding your truck since May 2

car3452

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Got my truck back after 8 days dealership couldn’t get it to work. VIN locked by some mythical server so repair module won’t run. I haven’t the truck back home wanting on a ghost to unlock the VIN somewhere off world. The dealership can’t do it and the OTA team can’t do it how is left no one that I can call for help

I have had enough starting the fight for a replacement we shouldn’t have to go through this since with the VIN locked a replacement APIM might not work either. Amazing there is no support from ford just a promise that we will call you back sometime when we figure it out.

Sponsored

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
I got a call from my dealer that they got the 1.7.1 update to go along with all the updates. I pick it up tomorrow night and need to set up the Ford Pass App again to get Blue Cruise added to the app. SOmething like that.

It only took three attempts............................................................... And the SAGA continues..................I wonder what will happen with the next updates in the future??/

OP
OP
Big Dog Daddy

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Got my truck back after 8 days dealership couldn’t get it to work. VIN locked by some mythical server so repair module won’t run. I haven’t the truck back home wanting on a ghost to unlock the VIN somewhere off world. The dealership can’t do it and the OTA team can’t do it how is left no one that I can call for help

I have had enough starting the fight for a replacement we shouldn’t have to go through this since with the VIN locked a replacement APIM might not work either. Amazing there is no support from ford just a promise that we will call you back sometime when we figure it out.
This might help explain. Your lock out situation 3. Maximum number of retry attempts has been reached.

Ford F-150 1.7.1 install failed (no OTA "fix") Fix now at dealers BD422errormessagesTSB.PNG

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
I’m starting to wonder if this group of trucks will have any value down the road. I can hear it now, you don’t want one of those, no one knows how to fix them. If Ford can’t fix it who is supposed to ?

car3452

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
It might be but it looks like ford does not have answer for it. There currently is no fix I don’t know what the first dealership did but no one knows how to undo it. Frds literally gives a failure before is hooked up this VIN is locked and won’t run the repair module

Reactions: Geo
OP
OP
Big Dog Daddy

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I’m starting to wonder if this group of trucks will have any value down the road. I can hear it now, you don’t want one of those, no one knows how to fix them. If Ford can’t fix it who is supposed to ?
I seriously hope that doesn't become the case. I think the dealers are going through a very steep learning curve with all of this and pissing off a lot of customers in the process. Some dealers seem to be able to fix this and others are failing miserably. Ford will have to fix FDRS such that a monkey can't screw it up. I would guess that by this fall all of our trucks will be fixed and no one will be talking about this anymore. I think Ford is learning it's lesson on this to. It's very disappointing to see others be able to use all the new features of these updates, while we are hold hold waiting for incompetence to resolve.
Sponsored