First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
No, they never replaced the APIM, all they did was run one of the customer satisfaction bulletins and I think I got one update after that. Now there has been nothing for months again. Cannot recall if you ever ran my VIN, someone did but that was at the start of all this, so it has been a while.
If your truck is still on one of the older Sync version, Ford rarely pushes those older updates out. What Sync version is your truck on?
Sponsored

SanJuanTech

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4 3.5 302A w/Max Tow
Ouch. What your truck needs is an all out exorcism with FDRS.
Yep, but I don't want to spend the money for the Mongoose cable that I will probably not ever use after that.

ZDadofThree

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat F150
If anyone has a moment, the truck is in the shop and I was told they got the updates sorted out. I don't see anything on the app, but I didn't know if that happened when they updated with FDRS? my vin is 1FTFW1ED3MFB60032. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Yep, but I don't want to spend the money for the Mongoose cable that I will probably not ever use after that.
Exactly why I started this:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...mming-vehicle-interface-lending-thread.13145/

Let me know if you want me to add you to the waiting list.

If anyone has a moment, the truck is in the shop and I was told they got the updates sorted out. I don't see anything on the app, but I didn't know if that happened when they updated with FDRS? my vin is 1FTFW1ED3MFB60032. Thanks in advance.
Looks like laziness to me. They tried to update the IPC with the USB method several times and it failed every time. They had the option on CAN bus it in, but when FDRS warned them it will take 6 hours (and it will), they backed out of the process and tried to do it with the USB again, which of course failed again.

Today, they ran an IPC configuration process which usually coincides with the replacement of a module. I think the replaced your IPC (without having to do so). However, I do not see an IPC PMI or update performed after the configuration process was done. I am not knowledgeable enough to know if they got you past the IPC update your truck needed. PTS is still showing your truck is on Sync 22177.

I would PM @Jesse-Infotainment and him look to see what he thinks.

ZDadofThree

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat F150
Thanks @rugedraw, They have it overnight and I should have it back tomorrow. I guess we will see when I get it back. I will keep you posted.

SanJuanTech

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4 3.5 302A w/Max Tow

Rshmm

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT
Same boat here. Plenty of driving in good cell service areas over the last few weeks, fully charged battery, still showing pending, but I assume that 3.5.3 messaging will disappear tonight with the failure of the campaign, yet again.

Personally I am just getting annoyed at this... I got sent 3.5.3 again for the 3rd time last week. When I saw it pop up, I tried driving around town for an hour so I would be in good cell service the whole time. I went home and I tried all these tricks, setting the brakes, turning off the lights and wifi. I even tried putting a battery charger on it to keep it topped up but no go.

So a few days later I had to go out of town for work, drove for 2 hours out of town, did the work and drove back, filled up the tank, did the same thing setting the brake and turning off the lights, and well still no go with the update.

Looks like it timed out again, so I don't know what more I could do to help the process, because after a 2 hour drive each way it should have had enough time to download the files and the battery should have been fully charged...

Sponsored

Axle Deep

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L Ecoboost
My 21 was on version 21146. My family and I have 6 ford trucks so we decided to get a 30 day subscription for FDRS. Mine said it was up to date so I figured it was the only way to go. Took me 2.5 days, updating I would guess 30 modules. Finally got it all done and finally have the elusive full screen android auto. Version 23031 revision 713.

Carby Grey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 502A FX4 3.5
4.2.3 today. Lights auto, no brake, 1/2 tank. That's 3 within the last 7 days, doing nothing special.

ZDadofThree

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat F150
Exactly why I started this:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...mming-vehicle-interface-lending-thread.13145/

Let me know if you want me to add you to the waiting list.

Looks like laziness to me. They tried to update the IPC with the USB method several times and it failed every time. They had the option on CAN bus it in, but when FDRS warned them it will take 6 hours (and it will), they backed out of the process and tried to do it with the USB again, which of course failed again.

Today, they ran an IPC configuration process which usually coincides with the replacement of a module. I think the replaced your IPC (without having to do so). However, I do not see an IPC PMI or update performed after the configuration process was done. I am not knowledgeable enough to know if they got you past the IPC update your truck needed. PTS is still showing your truck is on Sync 22177.

I would PM @Jesse-Infotainment and him look to see what he thinks.
Got the truck back and it looks the same to me. I guess we give it a few nights to see if it does its thing or if I get on the mongoose lend program. :/
Sponsored