First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
Had the trailer ctrl issue 2 times while pulling TT cross country.

Got this update shortly after the 2.8.2 BlueCruise update.

Nice.
Ford F-150 Got the trailer recall fix via OTA! 557CD390-7A7A-4BC3-9638-8C554822891E
Sponsored

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
My dealer supposedly fixed the recall by installing the "BA" software in April. The recall was cleared in Ford Pass a few days later. I wonder if I'll get the "BB" fix OTA after my recall notice was cleared. 🤔
It's a good thing that I don't tow anything that has brakes.
If Ford is pushing version BB OTA and specifically stating that it addresses the recall, I'm willing to believe this version will fix the problem even though NHTSA documentation states version DH will. BB must include the fix and its just not documented. I wish version updates to modules would contain release notes.

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
If Ford is pushing version BB OTA and specifically stating that it addresses the recall, I'm willing to believe this version will fix the problem even though NHTSA documentation states version DH will. BB must include the fix and its just not documented. I with version updates to modules would contain release notes.
Definitely seems to be what Ford is saying, right?

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
If Ford is pushing version BB OTA and specifically stating that it addresses the recall, I'm willing to believe this version will fix the problem even though NHTSA documentation states version DH will. BB must include the fix and its just not documented. I wish version updates to modules would contain release notes.
Release notes? That would be too easy would it not?...LMAO:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Coachboz

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum | 3.5L PB Hyb
Great video! Thanks for helping all of us on the forum with that. It's also great news that your updates are working again, and it's unbelievable that Ford can accomplish a recall via. OTA! It's truly a new world in automotive technology.
Could you post the link to the video? I don't see it in the original post... just the reference to it.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue