Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Hi All
My truck is stuck on the 1.7.1 update since December, with version number blank and update switches grayed out. If you prefer that Ford makes the repairs you'll need to do as follows.
First call Ford's Sync OTA technical support number listed below. Have your Vin number ready to give them. They will try to resolve your concern over the phone. Stay on point with them that you cannot enable OTA's . Once they find that they are unable to resolve your concern your case will be elevated, and you will be given a case number. Be prepared to note this number. Someone from Ford will call you back within 72 hours.
During my call back this afternoon. I was told the following.

1. They could see that my truck had failed to update to 1.7.1 4 times.
2. They told me that Ford is still in process of creating a repair for this issue and there is no repair available yet as of 2/14/22
3. The software repair will NOT be coming via. OTA and the vehicle WILL have to go to the dealer for this repair.
4. And they will email and call you when the update is available and will also notify your dealership when the update is available and of your case number. After that you will be able to make an appointment.

Over-The-Air (OTA) Team would be in the best position to address this concern. Our OTA Team can be reached at 1-833-926-3233. Their hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. –11:00 p.m. EST (Monday - Friday) 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST (Saturday).
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi All
My truck is stuck on the 1.7.1 update since December, with version number blank and update switches grayed out. If you prefer that Ford makes the repairs you'll need to do as follows.
First call Ford's Sync OTA technical support number listed below. Have your Vin number ready to give them. They will try to resolve your concern over the phone. Stay on point with them that you cannot enable OTA's . Once they find that they are unable to resolve your concern your case will be elevated, and you will be given a case number. Be prepared to note this number. Someone from Ford will call you back within 72 hours.
During my call back this afternoon. I was told the following.

1. They could see that my truck had failed to update to 1.7.1 4 times.
2. They told me that Ford is still in process of creating a repair for this issue and there is no repair available yet as of 2/14/22
3. The software repair will NOT be coming via. OTA and the vehicle WILL have to go to the dealer for this repair.
4. And they will email and call you when the update is available and will also notify your dealership when the update is available and of your case number. After that you will be able to make an appointment.

Over-The-Air (OTA) Team would be in the best position to address this concern. Our OTA Team can be reached at 1-833-926-3233. Their hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. –11:00 p.m. EST (Monday - Friday) 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST (Saturday).
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end. Thanks!

ken325i

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Occupation
Retired
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end. Thanks!
I have an appointment with Autonation Service on Tuesday of next week. They will try to manually install 1.7.1. The Service Mgr can see in the Ford computer that there are 2 failed installations of 1.7.1. OTA Synch 4 system updates are frozen with same issues as has been reported by hundreds of owners. With all the Ford OTA marketing of Sync 4 and high tech OTA updates, this is an issue that needs to be resolved ASAP. I did not pay $70K for a truck that does not perform to published expectations.

OP
OP
Big Dog Daddy

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have an appointment with Autonation Service on Tuesday of next week. They will try to manually install 1.7.1. The Service Mgr can see in the Ford computer that there are 2 failed installations of 1.7.1. OTA Synch 4 system updates are frozen with same issues as has been reported by hundreds of owners. With all the Ford OTA marketing of Sync 4 and high tech OTA updates, this is an issue that needs to be resolved ASAP. I did not pay $70K for a truck that does not perform to published expectations.
Like you I've had this problem for 2 months, as has everyone else. Although there's no drivability issues, with the truck, you're right this shouldn't be going on, and Ford should have notified us of the failure issue. Instead of leaving us all in the dark trying to figure out what's going on on our own. Just a message in Ford pass could have been nice. Especially since the dealers have also been left in the dark about the situation. With any luck it sounds like you're truck should be back in action next week. Please let us know if they are successful at updating your truck. Thanks

Sponsored

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
Beginning of Rant: TBH, While I love my truck and have been waiting for months to get beyond 1.7.1 the lack of support from Ford is inexcusable. I have worked in tech support, and corporate IT. I find it hard to believe that they had no backup plan for failed updates, etc.

I too am waiting for a fix to be delivered to a dealer who will take their sweet time to fix an issue that shouldn't even be happening at the level that it is. Terminations should occur for this gross negligence and lack of planning. End of Rant, We now return to regularly scheduled viewing. :)

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
I tried to contact the Ford rep on the forum, apparently if you are Canadian they don't care about you even though the trucks all were built in the same place. A real shame.

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
I have had OTA problems since 10/21. I called Ford 4 weeks ago, I gave them my vin. number. They gave me a case number. They said the “FIX” will be ready in about two weeks. No one has reached out to me yet???? Doesn’t sound like the fix is ready yet.

OP
OP
Big Dog Daddy

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have had OTA problems since 10/21. I called Ford 4 weeks ago, I gave them my vin. number. They gave me a case number. They said the “FIX” will be ready in about two weeks. No one has reached out to me yet???? Doesn’t sound like the fix is ready yet.
No call back from Ford for me yet either!

tboo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Im also waiting for the fix. At least my dealer now knows I have this issue we are all having

Sponsored

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Im also waiting for the fix. At least my dealer now knows I have this issue we are all having
I just got off the phone with Ford. Gave her my case number. She said the fix is still not ready. But soon. I’m going to wait till they tell me its ready before I leave it at the dealer. I am not going to be there lab rat.

PeteRit

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat PB
Occupation
Retired
That's great news considering my dealer not only has THIRTY THOUSAND dollar mark ups but also the earliest availability they had to even look at my truck for the recall is may 5th, and no loaners but they need it dropped off for a day. If that's really really case my truck will never get updated because it's seriously impossible to get it in to them like that. Built Jan 23 2021 and no update yet. Guess it's whatever at this point.

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hang in there man, don’t let them beat you down. You have to remember when your buying they will kiss you anywhere you want to be kissed. Once you have bought your chopped liver.

Efalcon80z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch Power Boost
I’ve taken my truck twice and twice I keep getting the run around. The foreman even told me that the truck is way to advance and they know very little about them. Said he has one guy who knows a little about the truck and says update doesn’t go through. SMH.

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
Ya I have decided after having to take my truck in 5 times in the last 2 months for random things. Even leaving me stranded for work etc. To many random things going wrong on a vehicle that’s only 9 months old. Decided to trade it off.
Sponsored