Spendrak

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Tremor
Hey everyone,

I found this fix on Reddit and to my absolute disbelief it actually worked!! After getting 0 updates since last October I now have full sc
Ford F-150 OTA Power Up Updates FIX!! [Triggering an OTA Update] Screenshot_20230423_141604_Samsung Internet
reen Android Auto. Boom!
Sponsored

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
He might be onto something with the headlights.
I’ve always done all the others with the exception of the lights which I accidentally turned off last week. Suddenly I got 4.2.3, 4.2.4, and 4.2.5
If also could be the fact that I’ve been driving more this week as well so who knows.

OP
OP

Spendrak

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Tremor
The only three I agree with are 1, 2 & 7. Everything else is just fluff to make you feel better. I've never done 3-6 and I've gotten lots of OTA's.
Well my truck never updated once until after I did these steps so......... 🤷

OP
OP

Spendrak

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Tremor
He might be onto something with the headlights.
I’ve always done all the others with the exception of the lights which I accidentally turned off last week. Suddenly I got 4.2.3, 4.2.4, and 4.2.5
If also could be the fact that I’ve been driving more this week as well so who knows.
Yeah who knows, all I know is It definitely worked for me! Worth a shot for anyone not getting them.

Sponsored

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
I'll test this theory when I go into work tonight. Hopefully it'll fix my Sync/AA issues that happened with 4.2.2

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Don't forget to hop on one leg while patting your head and rubbing your belly in a counterclockwise motion while singing "Kumbaya" all at the same time.

OP
OP

Spendrak

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Tremor
Don't forget to hop on one leg while patting your head and rubbing your belly in a counterclockwise motion while singing "Kumbaya" all at the same time.
Since you seem to know everything I'm sure you can explain why this worked then? No need for stupid comments.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Since you seem to know everything I'm sure you can explain why this worked then? No need for stupid comments.
Ford started pushing out updates again to a lot of people this week. The various "check my Vin" threads here have all started reporting queued updates for folks since yesterday.

It was a coincidence. You can only get an update if Ford decides to send it. If you had done this same thing last week nothing would have happened.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Pure coincidence. That's my explanation. I don't know everything, but I do think I know a little bit about Ford's garbage OTA process. The "tips" you posted here have been going around the web and these forums for almost a year and they have been debunked time and time again.

I take offense at you calling my comment stupid. I thought it was actually pretty damn funny.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Spendrak

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Tremor
Pure coincidence. That's my explanation. I don't know everything, but I do think I know a little bit about Ford's garbage OTA process. The "tips" you posted here have been going around the web and these forums for almost a year and they have been debunked time and time again.

I take offense at you calling my comment stupid. I thought it was actually pretty damn funny.
There is no way that it was coincidence, maybe some of those steps are fluff but something in that process triggered my updated. That Redit post was full of people that had success with this so....... Maybe your wrong.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
There is no way that it was coincidence, maybe some of those steps are fluff but something in that process triggered my updated. That Redit post was full of people that had success with this so....... Maybe your wrong.
To be honest, I hope I am wrong.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Nope. Not wrong. That Reddit post is from January which is when Ford started pushing the 3.5.3 update to everyone. Same thing that is happening this week.

Here are some posts from January:

I can confirm the following OTA is being pushed out. A member PM'd me to check his VIN privately and he has it in his queue, but I have seen it in at least two other trucks I have checked. This OTA was not listed in the power up wiki, so I went ahead and added it now that I have seen multiple trucks get it.

FLARE-PRD-SOFTWARE-FNV2

Update ID : 750954-892446

Ford Power-Up 3.5.3.2 While you may have seen this update before, we’re resending to ensure some housekeeping features are included to help further enhance your user experience. We've been super busy. Check these out. Dynamic Screen Resizing When you’re using Android Auto™ or Apple CarPlay®, you can now make them appear on your touchscreen in the size you prefer. Feature availability varies by model. Ongoing updates like this help you enjoy the best possible version of your F-150® truck. Android Auto is a trademark of Google LLC. Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

The truck I just checked got it sent to him on 1/9, and it has been downloading since then. Has anyone gotten this update to install successfully on their truck? If so, can you confirm that you can resize CarPlay/AA to whatever size you want? If this is accurate, then anyone who is fully updated with FDRS should be able to do the same.

Edit: This is the same update as 3.5.3, only for the 2022 model year F150s as it includes a separate owner's manual.
3.5.3 came in yesterday while out for a drive, 3.5.4 came in today while out driving.
And posts from yesterday reporting the update being pushed out again:

Just picked up 3.5.3 over the weekend. Thanks for the help everyone!
just got the 3.5.3 update. Now Ford Pass is telling me that my Powerboost is plugged in but not charging 🤣
IMG_3183.png

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
@Spendrak I see how that comment may have come across as abrasive on my part, and for that, I apologize. The sarcasm was not meant for you, but more at Ford for the way they dropped the ball with their OTA process. Looking at your post history, I see you have had some update issues yourself. Which update is it that you got last night?

OP
OP

Spendrak

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Tremor
@Spendrak I see how that comment may have come across as abrasive on my part, and for that, I apologize. The sarcasm was not meant for you, but more at Ford for the way they dropped the ball with their OTA process. Looking at your post history, I see you have had some update issues yourself. Which update is it that you got last night?
No worries! Maybe I'm wrong too and it was just a crazy coincidence. It was the 3.5.3 update for me. First update I have had in a looooooong time. Be nice if Ford could get their act together with these updates hey? I also had a failed APIM for a while so was worried that had something to do with it not getting the updates. Full screen Android Auto is pretty sweet!
Sponsored