Sponsored

asouza68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platnium
I'm wondering the same thing. I'm half tempted to put the MY23 IPMA back, and see if APA can be activated. I've followed the APA forum, and with @Jesse-Infotainment help was able to get APA up and running. Maybe there were different reasons, maybe some of the MY23 had the missing chip but they keep the delete since some did not have it? Guess I could open up the my23 IPMA and check for that chip before putting it back in. If the chip is missing, then there is a different issue regarding Pro Hitch that doesn't require that missing APA chip.
No such luck with the chip. The APA chip missing from MY23 board too, but was still able to have Pro Hitch...

Ford F-150 How the F-150's Ford Pro Trailer Hitch Assist Uses Artificial Intelligence in Hitching a Trailer Photo Apr 10 2023, 12 54 18 PM
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
i didnt see the codes in the forscan excell sheet
is it hiding in the ipma part
thanks
Its 3 changes.. One in the IPMA one in APIM and one in ABS

I may b wrong if its Aron.. I know someone added it and said they used it. I know for sure Iceman has. He sent me video.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief

I may b wrong if its Aron.. I know someone added it and said they used it. I know for sure Iceman has. He sent me video.
thanks
i need to go search what changes are needed.
i didnt see it on the forscan excell sheet
i will go look again
thank you

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
thanks
i need to go search what changes are needed.
i didnt see it on the forscan excell sheet
i will go look again
thank you
I havent added it. So Im not 100% on the changes. Some have tried and it not work and some have had luck.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I havent added it. So Im not 100% on the changes. Some have tried and it not work and some have had luck.
well that makes sense why could t see it 🤗
i shall wait til we get better data or test guys/galls to try it
thank you sir

Sponsored

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer

Yes, it was me. I've used the Hitch Assist a number of times now, after the '21 IPMA. It wouldn't work when I had the '22 IPMA with the APA deleted chip.

asouza68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platnium
Just to clarify, I have Hitch Assist, but do not have PRO hitch assist. Also, do not have Pro Trailer Backup Assist anymore either. It won't detect an attached trailer with the sticker, says system not available, where I had it prior.

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
Just to clarify, I have Hitch Assist, but do not have PRO hitch assist. Also, do not have Pro Trailer Backup Assist anymore either. It won't detect an attached trailer with the sticker, says system not available, where I had it prior.
Could it be that the new system uses the box mounted to the trailer and can't read the stickers?

Moe7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor
I followed a similar path as @Aron and mine works fine ('21 IPMA from our favorite eBay seller).

Beforehand I dropped all the exact same FORScan changes into my '22 IPMA and got faults.

Ranger621

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 4x4
What needs to be changed in ForScan? Is there a thread just for this somewhere?

Sponsored

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"
I will preface this by saying that my truck is still months away. I have read all the posts on this thread so far and I believe there is one situation that has not been clarified yet. Please bear with me. Some abbreviations for brevity:
"Active" = Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0
"Assist" = Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0
"Tech" = Tow Technology Package
"TTP" = Trailer Tow Package
"MTTP" = Max Trailer Tow Package
"PTBA" = Pro Trailer Backup Assist
"PTHA" = Pro Trailer Hitch Assist
"APA" = Auto Park Assist

My truck comes with Assist, MTTP, PTBA. I will of course see if PTHA works when I get the truck. The situation I'm referring to though, is this: has anyone got PTHA working WITH ONLY Assist + PTBA? Or those who have it working, do you have Active (I suspect this is the case because APA was part of Active)? For those who have it working, please reply with your entire combination of the above abbreviated features. This will hopefully clarify matters. Thank you for your time 🙂

asouza68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platnium
From my experience, we need to rethink APA as a requirement for Pro Hitch assist. Out of pure stubborness, I've followed all the posts to add all the deletes back to my23, except for multi contour seats. Believe me when I say I had PRO hitch assist and PRO trailer backup assist (emphasis on the PRO) with the IPMA APA delete. I've varified the APA chip was missing from my23 IPMA, but still had the Pro trailer options. I've spent hours over the last few days trying to get the Pro trailer options back. I've done multiple 360 IPMA calibrations and mod resets. I do have the active options with blue cruise etc. I read today there were at least a couple different "Engineering" differences in the my21 IPMA. My gut is it's something to do with the "AI" programming, not APA hardware issues or forescan settings. I may be 100% wrong in thinking that, but I know 100% I had the Pro settings on a new my23 platinum WITH APA delete and the missing chip. I've never liked giving up on a solution I know is out there, so looking for some thoughts other than needing APA hardware for the Pro options. The solution has to be out there...

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Believe me, I'm rooting for you to get to the bottom of it @asouza68 !

It's the kind of tenacity that you are spending that has led to the many discoveries and solutions this forum is a treasure for. Thanks. :)

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I will preface this by saying that my truck is still months away. I have read all the posts on this thread so far and I believe there is one situation that has not been clarified yet. Please bear with me. Some abbreviations for brevity:
"Active" = Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0
"Assist" = Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0
"Tech" = Tow Technology Package
"TTP" = Trailer Tow Package
"MTTP" = Max Trailer Tow Package
"PTBA" = Pro Trailer Backup Assist
"PTHA" = Pro Trailer Hitch Assist
"APA" = Auto Park Assist

My truck comes with Assist, MTTP, PTBA. I will of course see if PTHA works when I get the truck. The situation I'm referring to though, is this: has anyone got PTHA working WITH ONLY Assist + PTBA? Or those who have it working, do you have Active (I suspect this is the case because APA was part of Active)? For those who have it working, please reply with your entire combination of the above abbreviated features. This will hopefully clarify matters. Thank you for your time 🙂
Using your acronyms, I have Active, MTTP, and PTBA from the factory. My APA was deleted at the factory, but I've replaced the IPMA to get it working again. When I did so, the PTHA began working as well. (I appreciate why you're doing this, but man...I feel like I'm in the military now with all of these acronym.)

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
From my experience, we need to rethink APA as a requirement for Pro Hitch assist. Out of pure stubborness, I've followed all the posts to add all the deletes back to my23, except for multi contour seats. Believe me when I say I had PRO hitch assist and PRO trailer backup assist (emphasis on the PRO) with the IPMA APA delete. I've varified the APA chip was missing from my23 IPMA, but still had the Pro trailer options. I've spent hours over the last few days trying to get the Pro trailer options back. I've done multiple 360 IPMA calibrations and mod resets. I do have the active options with blue cruise etc. I read today there were at least a couple different "Engineering" differences in the my21 IPMA. My gut is it's something to do with the "AI" programming, not APA hardware issues or forescan settings. I may be 100% wrong in thinking that, but I know 100% I had the Pro settings on a new my23 platinum WITH APA delete and the missing chip. I've never liked giving up on a solution I know is out there, so looking for some thoughts other than needing APA hardware for the Pro options. The solution has to be out there...
I believe you, so I agree that we may need to rethink the assumption that the APA chip is required for PTHA. My experience (and my experience only) leads me to believe that it is. Plus, as @Snakebitten points out, logically it makes sense that a chip needed to move the vehicle for APA would be used for PTHA as well. But it's possible that there are programming-related changes that I'm not aware of that might have happened coincidentally in the background at the same time as my IPMA installation which caused me to "blame" the APA chip for the PTHA activation. Your experience opens up that path. And if you reinstall your '23 IPMA and get it working again, then that should prove it (though I'm not asking you to do that--that's a lot of work for you to "prove" something that you already know is correct...especially to a bunch of anonymous people on the internet).

If that's the case then, which module(s) would control the PTHA?
Sponsored