Pro Trailer Assist fails?

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
Have towed before but never tried setting up the Pro Trailer Assist and decided to try it....

So I have the yaw sensor and cable that came with the truck. Mounted it on the trailer arrows up. Plugged into truck.

Calibrated the Pro Trailer Assist by driving straight then turning successfully.

Now I press the button and it tells me to shift to reverse and I do and it enables and takes control of the wheel but then immediately deactivates before I can use the knob. No reason showing for why it deactivates itself.

I can use regular trailer reverse guidance by turning on the cameras I can get the overhead view of the trailer angle so I can see the yaw sensor is working. So just something specific to the Pro Trailer Assist knob mode.

Anyone know what’s going on or what to do?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Vick!

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Have towed before but never tried setting up the Pro Trailer Assist and decided to try it....

So I have the yaw sensor and cable that came with the truck. Mounted it on the trailer arrows up. Plugged into truck.

Calibrated the Pro Trailer Assist by driving straight then turning successfully.

Now I press the button and it tells me to shift to reverse and I do and it enables and takes control of the wheel but then immediately deactivates before I can use the knob. No reason showing for why it deactivates itself.

I can use regular trailer reverse guidance by turning on the cameras I can get the overhead view of the trailer angle so I can see the yaw sensor is working. So just something specific to the Pro Trailer Assist knob mode.

Anyone know what’s going on or what to do?

Yeah, I hooked mine up, but everytime I start it, my steer wheel does 180 degrees, then it will work. Is this correct, or im just going to reprogram it again. Did you end up getting it hooked up?

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Yeah, I hooked mine up, but everytime I start it, my steer wheel does 180 degrees, then it will work. Is this correct, or im just going to reprogram it again. Did you end up getting it hooked up?
As soon as I turn mine on, the steering wheel starts moving all over the place...even before I turn the little knob to get the trailer to turn. It seems to be part of the process, and my PTBA works, so I have to assume that that's what it's supposed to do.

Vick!

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
As soon as I turn mine on, the steering wheel starts moving all over the place...even before I turn the little knob to get the trailer to turn. It seems to be part of the process, and my PTBA works, so I have to assume that that's what it's supposed to do.
Yes mine works just the rotation in the beginning has me confused.
Sponsored