First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Not sure what you’re talking about but page 439 in my paper manual talks about crash and breakdown information.

I have an assist where the camera zooms in on the receiver hitch and provides the “bendy lines” to guide you to the trailer. Works great. Might be in the 360 camera package?
Was Ford still supplying written owner's manuals for the MY21 trucks?
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Was Ford still supplying written owner's manuals for the MY21 trucks?
I was told it had to be ordered for $35.00 (I think), other than that is was digital.

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Yes, we all have that, that is not what this original post is about.

In the some versions of the owners manual it describes a function, that is similar to the Active Park Assist (in that it implies it takes over the actual steering) and maneuverers the truck directly back to the hitch. It also used some different on-screen graphics to indicate the closing distance to the hitch.

So in other words it would actually detect a hitch ball (on your truck) and the tongue hitch on the trailer and steer the truck to it. The documentation also specified where your hitch ball can be relative to the truck (i.e. no more than 12 inches past the receiver, and height upper and lower limits) and how close (and what the maximum angle) the truck had to be to the trailer's tongue to be detected and begin the procedure.
That would be an interesting feature. Although I have to say... I bought the RCSB with the intention of never using my bed to haul. I have the trailer tow package with 360 degree cameras and various trailers for various needs. So I’m switching trailers pretty regularly.

I've never had to get out, check, get back in and try again and NOT for any great talent on "my" part. The cameras are just that good.

Don't get me wrong, as far as "cameras" go these cameras really suck! (VERY disappointed) But that one is plenty sufficient to guide your ball under the hitch perfectly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Steyreo

Steyreo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Lariat SuperCrew PowerBoost Sport Fx4
That would be an interesting feature. Although I have to say... I bought the RCSB with the intention of never using my bed to haul. I have the trailer tow package with 360 degree cameras and various trailers for various needs. So I’m switching trailers pretty regularly.

I've never had to get out, check, get back in and try again and NOT for any great talent on "my" part. The cameras are just that good.

Don't get me wrong, as far as "cameras" go these cameras really suck! (VERY disappointed) But that one is plenty sufficient to guide your ball under the hitch perfectly.
super jelly that I don’t have that zoom in feature on my ‘21 Job 1. I have to figure out how to get that when I have time.

edit: I did have it. Not sure if it came from an update or I just never noticed it!

Last edited:

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Why do these cameras suck?

Sponsored

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Why do these cameras suck?
It's 2022.

Really high rez cameras are REALLY cheap and these are not "high rez" cameras.

They are sufficient for what's important. You get a really good view of your hitch when you're hooking up your trailer but...

I got the 360° option and you really notice the poor quality when you're climbing a rocky, rutted road. I was hoping for a better view of what's ahead but the reality is that this damn thing climbs like a mountain goat and doesn't seem to much care what's in it's way.

Plus, I have a feeling that aftermarket camera upgrades are just a matter of time.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
It's 2022.

Really high rez cameras are REALLY cheap and these are not "high rez" cameras.

They are sufficient for what's important. You get a really good view of your hitch when you're hooking up your trailer but...

I got the 360° option and you really notice the poor quality when you're climbing a rocky, rutted road. I was hoping for a better view of what's ahead but the reality is that this damn thing climbs like a mountain goat and doesn't seem to much care what's in it's way.

Plus, I have a feeling that aftermarket camera upgrades are just a matter of time.
Yes, I have the 360 cameras as well. I don't find them bad. But, my last experience with a camera and larger screen was or old 2014 Cherokee so I really have nothing else to compare it to.

Mauimaikai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 2.7 F-150 XLT 302a 4x4 SuperCrew
It's 2022.
This is what I was thinking when I bought my dashcam. All of these companies are charging a premium for old @$$ tech. Its like my kids do streaming and the streaming devices releasing in 2022 are still FHD.. wtf

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Yes, I have the 360 cameras as well. I don't find them bad. But, my last experience with a camera and larger screen was or old 2014 Cherokee so I really have nothing else to compare it to.
The new GM cameras are better. But... it's "GM" ...so you get newer tech cameras and older tech everything else.

(I'll take the old tech cameras and look forward to upgrading them at some point)

Normally by now, there would be TONS of aftermarket accessories available for the new F150.

But these aren't "normal" times.

So... we wait.
Sponsored

Reactions: 780