First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Hey all, just got my first pickup and I love it for pulling a 33' travel trailer. I installed the sensor kit (LC3T-14G621-AD) and it was working well with the pro-trailer backup assist - until I accidentally pulled it out when I was trying to align the hitch to the trailer (oops!). The 4 pins in the connector came out and I have no idea which ones go back into which holes. The photo attached shows the 4 wires (purple-green, purple-grey, white-blue, white-purple) but they are NOT in the right holes because the truck doesn't detect the sensor. Can someone please help and tell me which wires go in which holes?? Many thanks!!
IMG-0790.jpg
Yep, you can find the color scheme vs pin number in my post here: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/yaw-sensor-and-trailer-camera-together.1611/post-40578

That thread has a lotta good info
Sponsored

jerryllah

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
RETIRED
Just an update. I bought sensors for all my trailers. I like this system much better than the stickers. Because of shade, sun angle, my system would always lose the the view of the sticker and I'd have to let it find the sticker again. This system never loses the trailer much better backing in difficult situations.

Wonder

First Name
Marissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5L EB XLT SCREW FX4 5.5'
Occupation
Accountant
I got the stickers and no sensor. Truck was CPO with 500 miles on it, so I'm gonna contact the dealership and see what's up. Wasn't under the rear seats. Oddly enough the box link cleats and tailgate removal connectors were included, but no trailer sensor. Went to set up the stickers and it only wanted the sensor so I checked Google and saw this thread. So in December we'll get an update to use the stickers? Any idea where I can find a sensor if the dealership doesn't give me one?

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
I am wondering if anyone has succeeded in using the backup assist for 5-th wheel trailers. The information has been a bit unclear whether the fifth wheel trailers are covered by this system.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I mounted the sensor on our travel trailer a couple months back and now trading in our trailer next week. I used the 3m, what is the easiest way to remove and mount on new trailer?

Sponsored

someday

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Antimatter Blue PB XLT High
Just an update. I bought sensors for all my trailers. I like this system much better than the stickers. Because of shade, sun angle, my system would always lose the the view of the sticker and I'd have to let it find the sticker again. This system never loses the trailer much better backing in difficult situations.
Did you order the LC3T-14G621-AD ? I went the parts counter while I was picking up my truck yesterday and they found a part that cost $530???

jerryllah

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
RETIRED
Did you order the LC3T-14G621-AD ? I went the parts counter while I was picking up my truck yesterday and they found a part that cost $530???
I found 2 on ebay for $150.00 Each.

FORDHOSTAGE

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150GEN14
Occupation
Hostage
I'm a little surprised that they haven't produced and posted better videos on all the amazing tech they're building.

I'm sure they're pretty busy though.

FORD is AWESOME!

Senior Retired

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Super Crew
Occupation
Retired
Actually, fifth wheel & gooseneck are not supported.

According to the doc heffer86 posted:
NON-CONVENTIONAL​
TRAILER EXAMPLES​
The functionality of Pro Trailer Backup Assist with Trailer Reverse Guidance is not available for Fifth Wheel and Gooseneck type trailers.​
Also according to the "Quick Start Guide" you can either use the sensor OR the sticker.
Your 2021 F-150 has two options for Pro Trailer Backup Assist with Trailer Reverse Guidance setup.​
Your vehicle came with a trailer sensor kit.​
...​
Your vehicle will be eligible to receive a vehicle system update that will allow trailers to be set up with the stickers in this kit.​

So you use the sensor or the stickers.
I have an interesting question on this subject. The methods and math for backing up a conventional trailer and a fifth wheel trailer are completely different. The short bed trucks 5.5 ft should not use a conventional 5th wheel connection but should use a rotational pin box which sets the turning point approximately 22" rear of the center of the axle. The method and math to backup a fiver using a rotational pin box is almost identical to a standard trailer. Has anyone tried this yet? I may end up purchasing a fiver with this type of a hitch as my bed is 5.5 ft.

pmascari

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat, 2018 Mustang Convertible
Occupation
IT
I am wondering if anyone has succeeded in using the backup assist for 5-th wheel trailers. The information has been a bit unclear whether the fifth wheel trailers are covered by this system.
My dad hooked up the sensor from his '21 F350 to his fifth wheel and it works fine.

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I mounted the sensor on our travel trailer a couple months back and now trading in our trailer next week. I used the 3m, what is the easiest way to remove and mount on new trailer?
dental floss to remove, new 3m tape to reinstall.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
dental floss to remove, new 3m tape to reinstall.
I used a screwdriver to pop the edge up and the tape actually stayed on the trailer but easily peeled off the sensor. New 3m tape on and installed on new trailer. ?

redduke916

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid
Occupation
RV technician
What I don't get is the tie strap mounting channels are only good for a vertical post, not a travel trailer hitch. I rent travel trailers and would love to just install it temporarily, use the system and then remove it when the week is over. But I can't. Sticking it on with 3M tape is not practical either.
Sponsored