First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT SCrew SB, FX4 with Tow
Occupation
Teacher
The weather was nice enough this weekend that I pulled the trailer out of storage to get the integrated trailer TPMS and rear camera package installed. Plus, I was able to configure all of the other trailer technology like trailer backup assist and smart hitch. No more dropped signals from the Furrion camera or TireMinder pressure sensors for me! :)

IMG_5496.jpg

image0.jpeg

(the photo that I tried to take of the mounted rear-view camera ended up being blurry.)

The rear-view camera is amazingly clear; way better than the suction-cup mounted 4" view screen of the Furrion. The only real drawback--if you can even call it that--is that it takes up the entire 12" center screen, so if you want to use anything else (like the nav maps), then you'll have to switch the camera on and off.

I don't know that I'll use the backup assist knob very much, but the split-screen trailer-side view is a game-changer for backing up! Now I can see both "mirrors" at the same time! The 360 camera package may actually be the best new towing feature that Ford has released, and it's not even really marketed for towing at all.

Now I'm all set to go camping in the spring! Just have to wait for the weather to warm up more first.
I looked up the part number you gave in another reply, and it gives very little info about what's included. I found it at multiple websites but all only indicate the TPMS in the name but give very little description.

If you don't mind my asking, how does what you ordered compare to this package: https://accessories.ford.com/produc...31&nosto=productpage-nosto-1-fallback-nosto-1 This is what was used in another thread and recommended, and is what I was planning on getting but wanted to compare for academic purposes.
Sponsored

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
The rears are 6.5 inch as shown in the photo. The head unit seems to have enough power for what I need. Much clearer sound. The Infinite Ref speakers are a bit more efficient (higher sensitivity) which helps a bit with volume. The rears really are pathetic. Anything is an improvement.
@pavementends I second the Infinity Reference series for stock speaker replacement. They have a 6"x9" (or 6.5") component set for the front and 6.5" coaxials for the rear. If crossovers and wiring are not your thing, check out the direct replacement offerings from PowerBass.

Last edited:

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I looked up the part number you gave in another reply, and it gives very little info about what's included. I found it at multiple websites but all only indicate the TPMS in the name but give very little description.

If you don't mind my asking, how does what you ordered compare to this package: https://accessories.ford.com/produc...31&nosto=productpage-nosto-1-fallback-nosto-1 This is what was used in another thread and recommended, and is what I was planning on getting but wanted to compare for academic purposes.
It appears to be the same as I what I have...though without individual part numbers on those components, it's impossible to know if there are any variations in setup that are specific to the Superduty? Best that I can say is that's the same type of equipment that came in my package.

mrtull

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Wow - bought that ^^^ immediately! Consider yourself an influencer now πŸ˜‚

As for me, threw on my Softopper and made a little platform for my dogs. In my previous truck I did a full rear seat delete, but decided against it with this one. Instead I bought some wood, wrapped it with auto carpet, then hung it with ratchet straps for a little extra support. Most of the weight sits on the seat, but figured a little extra support wouldn't hurt.

I've previously had the little rear dog hammocks type cover, but this gives them a bit more room to fully lay. I don't strap them in with harness / seatbelt, so I also added the cage between the seats for accident protection (both us, and the dogs) if we ever get in a light crash.

I have a cart full of things when they get back into stock (suspension, wheels, tires), but for now I'm just driving and enjoying.

1186C679-A0BE-443F-B7B9-57050FFE7160.jpg

IMG_3075.jpeg

-Chris
Love the creativity of this setup! What size dogs do you have? One of the whole reasons I went Ford was the volume of space with the seats folded up for my 3. I worried something like this would make them feel cramped.

mrtull

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
It appears to be the same as I what I have...though without individual part numbers on those components, it's impossible to know if there are any variations in setup that are specific to the Superduty? Best that I can say is that's the same type of equipment that came in my package.
Thank you for verifying! I love your setup and am working towards the same thing.

Sponsored

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Thank you for verifying! I love your setup and am working towards the same thing.
I highly recommend it! If I were in a similar situation, I would seriously consider buying that Superduty setup and hoping that it works, even though Ford doesn't state that it will. The good thing is that you can do a minimal install to test it out first before you even touch your trailer--you just have to replace the 7/4 adapator with the 7/12 adaptor, and then you can plug the rest of it together to verify that the camera works.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Got notified Morimoto headlights are on the way to me today!
Tails and 3rd Brake are another month away

mrtull

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
I highly recommend it! If I were in a similar situation, I would seriously consider buying that Superduty setup and hoping that it works, even though Ford doesn't state that it will. The good thing is that you can do a minimal install to test it out first before you even touch your trailer--you just have to replace the 7/4 adapator with the 7/12 adaptor, and then you can plug the rest of it together to verify that the camera works.
That's kinda what @Buyer2021 did for his Fifth wheel. He did extra harnesses because he didn't want to give up the 4 pin and he wanted the 7/12 in the bed for easier access. His post was amazingly helpful, and you are the second person to confirm it works. I'm so psyched!!! 😁

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Me too!

Sponsored

jamill

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat & 2020 GMC Acadia SLT
Occupation
Pipeline Operator
Technically I did this the other day, but I put in my Bedrug Bedliner and my Ford bed divider so I can finally go get groceries when the wife demands it! 🀣

I am a little disappointed in my cut out skills for the bed lighting and the switch. I tried my hardest to make them tuck under the edges but the clips on each were just not having it.

Overall though, I’m happy with it!

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 8E51E540-DC92-492A-AF8F-05F92E67A0AB

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 59C00FE8-6CD7-4CB5-85A8-E4C7EA023078

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 2C31982A-4778-4AA4-86DC-196B9C6517C5

Ford F-150 What did you do TO your F-150 today? πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 75A81940-4E2F-47D5-B31B-08E8FFF3BF34

Mouse51180

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat Hybrid
Occupation
Network Engineer
Tap into the ground (there is an 8mm bolt by the battery) and run the hot wire to the fuse tap.
Would you mind taking a pic of this 8mm bolt you ran the ground wire to. Im a bit paranoid about hooking stuff up.

Thanks. Looks great. Wish I hadnt seen this... OFF TO AMAZON ... WEEEEEEE

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I am a little disappointed in my cut out skills for the bed lighting and the switch. I tried my hardest to make them tuck under the edges but the clips on each were just not having it.
I'm glad that it's not just me! I did a pretty good job getting my bedrug around the pro-power on-board receptacle, but I completely fumbled it around the lights.

Overall though, I’m happy with it!
Looks great!

fluffernutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat PB
Would you mind taking a pic of this 8mm bolt you ran the ground wire to. Im a bit paranoid about hooking stuff up.

Thanks. Looks great. Wish I hadnt seen this... OFF TO AMAZON ... WEEEEEEE
I am away on travel but will look to snap a pic when I am back. It is right near the battery.

Mouse51180

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat Hybrid
Occupation
Network Engineer