Topper availability?

ellnemm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Z4M roadster, 2019 Jetta, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Finally had the mid level cap installed today. Originally order in October 2020 from Leer, gave up and canceled that order last April. This cap is an ARE MX series ordered from Fibrobec near Montreal. Much better quality than my last Leer 180 cap.

Ford F-150 Topper availability? 4A35691E-08F6-4A03-BF30-BAB678A6A0FD

Ford F-150 Topper availability? 815D45EE-3EF3-41AB-A56C-13D7EBAD06C1
Sponsored

schudes

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 501a, 3.5EB, 4x4, 157WB
Finally had the mid level cap installed today. Originally order in October 2020 from Leer, gave up and canceled that order last April. This cap is an ARE MX series ordered from Fibrobec near Montreal. Much better quality than my last Leer 180 cap.

4A35691E-08F6-4A03-BF30-BAB678A6A0FD.jpeg

815D45EE-3EF3-41AB-A56C-13D7EBAD06C1.jpeg
Nice! I have been waiting to see someone with an MX, will be ordering mine next week. The silver load bars that you have on top, which option are those from ARE?

ellnemm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Z4M roadster, 2019 Jetta, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Nice! I have been waiting to see someone with an MX, will be ordering mine next week. The silver load bars that you have on top, which option are those from ARE?
The bars on the roof of the cap were ordered as an option from the dealer, not ARE. Most dealers offer a canoe/ladder rack such a this as an option.

Cody

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Just got our topper in on Tuesday and got it installed today. Ordered back in October and was told it wouldn’t be in until February. Leer 100XL with frameless rear window and key fob lock/unlock. Very happy with how it looks.
Ford F-150 Topper availability? DFD25D98-A5B6-46A6-8BF5-46982A62A4D7

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn crewcab
Occupation
architect
I realize this is Ford site, but I was searching for backorder info on tops, so I figured I'd add my 2 cents.....

I had to unload my 2014 GMC Sierra with 153k miles when the dealer told me I needed a new $6k transmission. I drive fast on the highway but I don't beat on it. I'm not a stop sign drag racer. So I was really ticked off. After 2 years with a leaky rolling tonneou cover in explorer rails. Completely crap system. Water would accumulate in the storage box and ice up in winter making the cover useless. I had an ARE cap installed in 2016. LOVED my ARE cap.

I got a new 2021 Ram Bighorn last week. I called the local dealer for a quote last week after receiving the truck (worst time to buy a car, three dealerships, 3 on lot, 5 on lot, and finally 10 on lot.) and was told 16 weeks for the basic CX Classic. I have 3 trips to Florida coming up. This is really going to suck.

Last edited:

Sponsored

tcp

First Name
Trieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum, 2019 Accord
Occupation
IT MGR
What is everyone paying for their topper.... if you can list make/model and prices. I'm exploring this at the moment. Currently have a hard cover on the bed but would like a topper. Thanks in advance!

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
What is everyone paying for their topper.... if you can list make/model and prices. I'm exploring this at the moment. Currently have a hard cover on the bed but would like a topper. Thanks in advance!
A.R.E.
CX-SERIES
Color: M7 Carbonized Gray
Front Access: Front Slider Tilt-Down
Left Window: Vented Windoor
Right Window: Vented Windoor Headliner: ARE HL-Charcoal
Install Option: No Charge (0.00)
Clamps
12V#9 LED DUAL ROPE W/ PROP SWITCH 31 % Tinted Windows
Clothes Rod (option 1)
Double Locking Rear Door
L.E.D. Brake Lt.
TRIMLESS EDGE
Yakima Jetstream Rack
===================
$3550 which includes insulation. I did not shop around. I just went with the folks closest to my house.

Reactions: tcp

tcp

First Name
Trieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT MGR
A.R.E.
CX-SERIES
Color: M7 Carbonized Gray
Front Access: Front Slider Tilt-Down
Left Window: Vented Windoor
Right Window: Vented Windoor Headliner: ARE HL-Charcoal
Install Option: No Charge (0.00)
Clamps
12V#9 LED DUAL ROPE W/ PROP SWITCH 31 % Tinted Windows
Clothes Rod (option 1)
Double Locking Rear Door
L.E.D. Brake Lt.
TRIMLESS EDGE
Yakima Jetstream Rack
===================
$3550 which includes insulation. I did not shop around. I just went with the folks closest to my house.
Thanks I like that ARE offers a build tool to see what options are available unlike others I've seen. Some of the options without a picture of description I have no clue what they mean without having previous experience with a topper.

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Thanks I like that ARE offers a build tool to see what options are available unlike others I've seen. Some of the options without a picture of description I have no clue what they mean without having previous experience with a topper.
The company that sold it to me walked me through all the options over the phone while I was looking at the website. Even with the website, I wasn’t sure what many of those things were.

Sponsored

tcp

First Name
Trieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT MGR
The company that sold it to me walked me through all the options over the phone while I was looking at the website. Even with the website, I wasn’t sure what many of those things were.
Any drilling into the bed for install or just clamps?

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
architect
Just curious if you ever changed the trans oil and filter on that sierra
I could have sworn I did. I only bring it to the dealer for work, except for oil. They checked my records and said no. Honestly I didn't know there was a tranny fluid filter. I just watched a Youtube video and saw it.

I few months ago when I was getting my oil changed, the tech recommended a radiator flush because he said it smelled burnt. I went home and checked my receipts, I had already done it by the dealer a few months prior. Looking back I'm wondering if he meant the tranny oil smelled burnt. That's a giveaway that the tranny needs serious service.

Lesson learned. But an expensive lesson.

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
architect
I know this isn't Ford but maybe this helps. Three weeks ago, for my new Ram 1500, a local ARE quoted:
16 weeks for delivery
CX Classic Cap $2118
Half slider windows included
Single T lock door included
Front sliding window $73
Roof rack tracks only $216
Install included
Color match included
Total $2532 plus local tax

I found a local Leer dealer able to give me a comparable cap for $2368 with delivery is 8 weeks.

Reactions: tcp

F1Fiddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21-150
Last topper was ARE and brand new the color was off , had to get it painted, not happy. I've always liked Leer but the darn logo...sure it peels out but left with a tri angle and yes that's enough to make me not buy it. Anyone come up with a solution to remove the logo and fill in the space?
Sponsored