Topper availability?

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
Has anyone else been reaching out to fiberglass topper manufacturers to check on when they might be available?

I've contacted A.R.E. a few times. Once back in November to see if the previous years would fit and the answer was no and they had no time frame for when 2021 could be ordered. I just contacted them again this week and the response was that they were testing them but had no ETA.would be nice if they could give some idea either weeks or months.

I've reached out to Leer as well but haven’t gotten a response yet.

I know it will take a while to be built but we have a vacation coming up this spring and I’ll need either a topper or at least a tonneau cover. If I’m going to wait 6 months then I’ll just find a cheaper used hard tonneau that fits for now and sell it later for a loss. I’d really prefer an A.R.E. But if they can’t give any kind of information then I guess I have to explore other options.

just curious if anyone else has been getting information.
Sponsored

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 ordered, 2019 JLUR Rubicon
I have also had no luck, been contacting leer and ARE as well. I have even tried to send quotes to local vendors with no responses, or no info when they do.

‘I was looking for the post, someone on the forums told me that the were able to order one already, but I cannot find that anywhere to see who it was. I have had the same luck as you so far.

Last edited:

cogatti

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 King Ranch
Occupation
retired
Has anyone else been reaching out to fiberglass topper manufacturers to check on when they might be available?

I've contacted A.R.E. a few times. Once back in November to see if the previous years would fit and the answer was no and they had no time frame for when 2021 could be ordered. I just contacted them again this week and the response was that they were testing them but had no ETA.would be nice if they could give some idea either weeks or months.

I've reached out to Leer as well but haven’t gotten a response yet.

I know it will take a while to be built but we have a vacation coming up this spring and I’ll need either a topper or at least a tonneau cover. If I’m going to wait 6 months then I’ll just find a cheaper used hard tonneau that fits for now and sell it later for a loss. I’d really prefer an A.R.E. But if they can’t give any kind of information then I guess I have to explore other options.

just curious if anyone else has been getting information.
I also have contacted A.R.E.....and Leer.....they tell me they still have no info from the manufaturer, but I;m also reading that the truck bed for the 2021 will be the same as the 2020 model...so, I don't see what should be the problem.......I think the topper companies need to get their act together....otherwise, we will all be looking for a big "tarp"!....

OP
OP

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I can certainly understand and appreciate them wanting to get the product right before selling any but some idea of time frame would be helpful. I prefer the ARE but if Leer beats them to market then I’d consider a Leer. My luck, ARE would open it up for ordering a day after I ordered a Leer. Again, give me some idea and then I can make my decision. I’ll wait a few weeks for what I want but won’t wait forever.

My local ARE dealer said that ARE bought a 2021 so Im pretty sure they are working on it Or just joyriding in the new truck. And the last response was they are “testing“ so some sign of progress. But, they probably have a 5.5 bed since it’s most popular and I’ll need the 6.5.

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You would think the only diff is the straight length, so I’d expect them to get both available at the same time. Hopefully real soon. A buddy of mine ordered one for his 2020, and had a 12 week wait, I’m hoping they build some stock and we can get them soon

Sponsored

ellnemm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Z4M roadster, 2019 Jetta, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I have a Leer 180 cap on order for my 6.5 box. Supplier told me that 2020 would not fit and 2021 model would be available in late December.
I have not followed up with the Leer supplier as I don’t have a truck to install it on. Car dealerships in Quebec are closed until Feb 08 due COVID lockdown.
So no truck and no information

Mike, waiting in the North

gadiedrick

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCrew long bed hybrid
Occupation
retired USN Chief Petty Officer
I also have contacted A.R.E.....and Leer.....they tell me they still have no info from the manufaturer, but I;m also reading that the truck bed for the 2021 will be the same as the 2020 model...so, I don't see what should be the problem.......I think the topper companies need to get their act together....otherwise, we will all be looking for a big "tarp"!....
Same prediction for us trying to find a 1 piece hard tonneau cover. '21 bed is different size than '20. Undercover started show'n '21 bed cover be'n available to order in DEC '20 but earliest delivery in FEB '21. Everyone is use'n covid as an excuse!

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just got a quote returned for the Leer 100XQ. Gonna start looking but I assume they must have it figured out now. Wanted to share the info.

ellnemm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Z4M roadster, 2019 Jetta, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I called the supplier of Leer Caps in Montreal on Monday and they told me Leer had yet to make any of their caps available for 2021 F150s. Hopefully your news is more accurate than what I got from the dealer. I can wait all the way until week of Feb 15. DELIVERY DATE OF OUR TRUCK!
WOO HOO!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My local Century dealer just emailed and said Century is taking pre-orders for the Ultra cap. I think Century is associated with Leer but maybe the budget version of a Leer cap? I’m not sure.

midwestxlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I’ve been told by 2 local dealers Leer is taking Pre-Orders with a mid February production start. I plan to stop and put a deposit down this weekend and will confirm.

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
A.R.E. is still in a planning/design phase on at least their Z Series toppers for the 2021’s. The one to go on my Lariate will be my 4th. Well built, cool styling, and good warranty.

metallikatz3

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tacoma
I saw a post somewhere that the RSI smartcap from the 2020 will fit but needs a small modification to the front section I believe.

So it would stand to reason that a fiberglass cap needs to be totally updated even for a small change in just one spot.

midwestxlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
A.R.E. is still in a planning/design phase on at least their Z Series toppers for the 2021’s. The one to go on my Lariate will be my 4th. Well built, cool styling, and good warranty.
I had Leer on my last rig which was good to me. I stopped and checked out the ARE and looked into the Z series but I can’t get Windoors in that model. :(
Sponsored