First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Hybrid
Occupation
Handyman/General Contractor
Recently purchased a Traffic Advisor for my truck (2022 SC 6.5 Lariat PB). As it is a leased vehicle, I'm going to install it on my topper, near the front.

My question is regarding the routing of the controller wire to get it into the cab. It's a 4 pin wire, so the one end is fairly small, while other end is 1/2".

Wiring will penetrate the topper on roof with waterproof gland. From the inside it will follow the topper wiring (ds near tailgate) to exterior.

I have extension wires for the controller so distance doesn't really matter, just need a place where there is a hole (or hole can easily be made and hidden/sealed properly) to allow the controller wire to enter the cab.
is there anywhere under rear door sill plates?

Any suggestions on routing?

Traffic advisor: https://xpriteusa.com/collections/f...irectional-strobe-light-bar-black-hawk-series

Controller wire:
Ford F-150 Traffic Advisor on ARE topper Screenshot_20230310_185023_Amazon Shoppin
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Any suggestions on routing?
I think I'd run it protected under the cab and enter the cab behind the dash. IIRC there are threads here discussing various cables / wires through the firewall.

Just for your consideration, Have Fun! :)