Topper availability?

scotty g

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Supercrew Powerboost Agate Black
I have the 100xr. Just checked today and no gap in the front on mine. Its so close to the back of the cab it’s hard to see in between And not sure I could even get a picture of it.

sounds like it’s not installed right. Take it back or loosen up the bolts and shimmy it forward.
Thank you for confirming my suspicion!
Sponsored

scotty g

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have the 100xr. Just checked today and no gap in the front on mine. Its so close to the back of the cab it’s hard to see in between And not sure I could even get a picture of it.

sounds like it’s not installed right. Take it back or loosen up the bolts and shimmy it forward.
Thanks for the reply and it was a fat finger... it is a 100XR

tbone-CO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Scab XLT Leadfoot
Occupation
button pusher
Ordered my 100XR on 7/6 and had it installed yesterday. Happy with it! Next is the roof rack.
Ford F-150 Topper availability? i-7p55dmT-XL
Ford F-150 Topper availability? i-j7GpQ6S-XL
Ford F-150 Topper availability? i-J7ZGvhZ-XL
Ford F-150 Topper availability? i-s82tk59-XL

scotty g

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered my 100XR on 7/6 and had it installed yesterday. Happy with it! Next is the roof rack.
i-7p55dmT-XL.jpg
i-j7GpQ6S-XL.jpg
i-J7ZGvhZ-XL.jpg
i-s82tk59-XL.jpg
I'm regretting not getting the roof racks... Did you order the roof rack rails pre-installed?
Ford F-150 Topper availability? IMG_20210813_124928782~2

tbone-CO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Scab XLT Leadfoot
Occupation
button pusher
Yes I ordered the tracks installed which also allowed me to get the cargo net added.

Sponsored

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I am placing an order for my first pickup truck - getting a 2022 powerboost F-150 in carbonized gray.

However, I am monumentally confused surrounding the issues of ordering a topper.

When would we *usually* (I know things aren't usual now) expect for manufacturers like Leer, snugtop, etc to have toppers available for a current year's model? Given that carbonized gray was a new color for 2021 (or at least I think it was), would I be better off going for a more traditional color that these manufacturers may have already built?

Thanks!

OP
OP

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
I am placing an order for my first pickup truck - getting a 2022 powerboost F-150 in carbonized gray.

However, I am monumentally confused surrounding the issues of ordering a topper.

When would we *usually* (I know things aren't usual now) expect for manufacturers like Leer, snugtop, etc to have toppers available for a current year's model? Given that carbonized gray was a new color for 2021 (or at least I think it was), would I be better off going for a more traditional color that these manufacturers may have already built?

Thanks!
i think it’s pretty unusual for a dealer to stock any tops other than some basic models for work trucks. They are built to order by the manufacturer since there are options and they are painted to match.

2022 tops will be the same as 2021. There was quite a delay in early 2021 as the manufacturers all had to buy a new truck and then make the molds to fit the truck. I took delivery of my truck in December and couldn’t order a top until March. Then it arrived 2 days before I needed it for vacation in mid June. There won’t be that delay for 2022s as the dimensions should all be the same as the 2021. Lead time is probably 12 weeks but check with your dealer. Who knows what pieces and parts are sitting at the ports waiting to get unloaded.

Mine is carbonized grey. I’d get a color that matches but that’s just me. i see unmatched toppers every ones in a while but it just looks odd to me.

Sponsored

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
Nice! I went with the locker... kicking myself i didn't get the tracks installed
20211030_140149.jpg
You can still get the tracks installed - most topper dealers can do it for you.

gb7FRz26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SuperCrew Short Bed, 2010 Prius
Ford F-150 Topper availability? 1

Got tired of waiting most of the year for A.R.E. to commit to building the CX HD, settled on a V series with tracks on top.
Ordered 9/22/21, arrived 10/28/21.
Installed price $4399.27
Tailgate will not open without the topper rear hatch open in case anyone is wondering. Color: Guard.
(Also that's the installer's parking job over the line like that)

Portcallahan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 F-350
1.jpg

Got tired of waiting most of the year for A.R.E. to commit to building the CX HD, settled on a V series with tracks on top.
Ordered 9/22/21, arrived 10/28/21.
Installed price $4399.27
Tailgate will not open without the topper rear hatch open in case anyone is wondering. Color: Guard.
(Also that's the installer's parking job over the line like that)
Looks great! I’m impressed with the turn around time!