Sponsored

GEM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
Works for us. About 5 minutes to fold the SoftTopper back and get two roadbikes out and put the wheels on. I think it should work on the '23. I'm 6' and my wife is a foot shorter, so the smaller bike kind of tucks nicely under the handlebars. I moved the mounts closer since I took this picture with the bikes a few years ago. Probably could do the same kind of thing with the mountain bikes

I tried to use Rivnuts to hold the channel, but the sheet metal is doubled so that it would not work in some locations. Stick your head under and you will see the problem. So where I hit the double I just used a nut and washer
Ford F-150 Softopper  soft canopy topper installed BB 2013.JPG
Ford F-150 Softopper  soft canopy topper installed BB Channel.JPG
Ford F-150 Softopper  soft canopy topper installed BB fork mount.JPG
Ford F-150 Softopper  soft canopy topper installed BB Rear.JPG
on the back side. Rivnut on the other one. I spent way too much time worrying about it, and finally just drilled a pilot hole! Figured that's just where it had to be.
Sponsored

dirty.hal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XL Supercrew
I don't have a softtopper on mine, I have the Outlander but since I put mine on in January I've loved having a fabric topper on the truck. Makes it super versatile!

OP
OP
GregBC

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
Works for us. About 5 minutes to fold the SoftTopper back and get two roadbikes out and put the wheels on. I think it should work on the '23. I'm 6' and my wife is a foot shorter, so the smaller bike kind of tucks nicely under the handlebars. I moved the mounts closer since I took this picture with the bikes a few years ago. Probably could do the same kind of thing with the mountain bikes

I tried to use Rivnuts to hold the channel, but the sheet metal is doubled so that it would not work in some locations. Stick your head under and you will see the problem. So where I hit the double I just used a nut and washer
BB 2013.JPG
BB Channel.JPG
BB fork mount.JPG
BB Rear.JPG
on the back side. Rivnut on the other one. I spent way too much time worrying about it, and finally just drilled a pilot hole! Figured that's just where it had to be.
Ah I see what you mean with channels now, very cool. I’ve seen folks build similar setups with the wood laid down horizontally; vertically seems like a good idea to help segregate things in the bed too.

OP
OP
GregBC

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
Horse-show week but had a window to mtn bike. Super convenient, definitely liking it so far!
Ford F-150 Softopper  soft canopy topper installed 6BD4D657-61EF-431A-82B3-139D30C65826
Ford F-150 Softopper  soft canopy topper installed E2727431-B9B3-471E-B20B-9C5187096012

Ry55

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 King Ranch Powerboost SuperCrew 6.5'
Ford F-150 Softopper  soft canopy topper installed PXL_20230816_195247714

I just installed a Softopper on my truck so here's the tan version. So far I've really enjoyed it and the fabric feels very durable. I'm in Iowa so I'll try and update y'all come winter since I intend to leave it up all winter. I've heard they do well in the snow. It certainly looked solid going 75mph on the highway.
Sponsored