First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Occupation
Soldier
I'm betting it's in your head. The lack of hearing the truck struggle is what's giving you the decreased perception. Watch the speedo -- they go real fast in a short amount of time giving you almost zero perception of what's going on. Before you know it you're well above the speed limit. I've come to appreciate the ability to very quietly blow the doors off of just about everything else on the road. Let the noisy jackasses get the unwanted attention ;)
I don’t know. I mean, maybe, but I did a timed 0-60 and it was like 7.4 in sport mode with traction control off. Mine is seriously not very quick. I’m going to throw it on a dyno. I feel like that’s the only way I’ll know for sure
Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Yes I would say dyno it then that isn’t right. 7.4 seconds to 60 is around what the base 3.3L NA V6 would do. My 5.0L does 0-60 in 5.5 seconds in sport mode for reference but I am a SuperCab so the truck is a bit lighter than a super crew, the extra foot of bed is lighter than the extra foot of cab that would be there. The XL also isn’t loaded up with options. You should be 5.3-5.4 seconds all day even with the truck being a Limited with the heavy options.

Last edited:

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
I don’t know. I mean, maybe, but I did a timed 0-60 and it was like 7.4 in sport mode with traction control off. Mine is seriously not very quick. I’m going to throw it on a dyno. I feel like that’s the only way I’ll know for sure
Yeah, 7 seconds is certainly lacking. There are variables around keeping usable juice in the HVB. Sport and towing modes do the most to keep it juiced up. Stock you should be in the 5.x seconds with everything operating as it should. How's the tires and air filter? I put the raptor wheel in mine for easier gear control. Might consider resetting the PCM and trans to learn your driving habits. The e-motor is always working when you press the throttle if it's got charge which it quickly fills up once you're at a constant speed or regen. Its the real source of the silent over-speed as you just push the throttle and it's instantly adding 100ftlbs of torque into the mix while the ice doesn't make much noise. Twin turbos and the factory exhaust really mask the exhaust note which I appreciate. 6 cylinders just don't have a proper exhaust note after hearing V8s over the years.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
OK, as others have stated, 7.4 0-60 on flat land ain't right.
Now I understand why you have said everything that you have said.

Especially coming out of the hole. These things make torque early. That's what is so intoxicating. And it's sold a lot of Ecoboosts as well.

OP
OP
M_trumble

M_trumble

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Occupation
Soldier
OK, as others have stated, 7.4 0-60 on flat land ain't right.
Now I understand why you have said everything that you have said.

Especially coming out of the hole. These things make torque early. That's what is so intoxicating. And it's sold a lot of Ecoboosts as well.
Yeah. I try to be fairly realistic and grounded with my assessments. It’s really been pretty unimpressive aside from the 24 Meg’s which is phenomenal. I had a tundra as a rental before I bought this with Toyotas version of this set up and that thing felt like a rocket ship compared to this one. I just kind of figured if I had a bad turbo or something, I’d have a check engine light or something. If I didn’t know it’s supposed to be faster and more powerful, I wouldn’t know that there’s something wrong, if that makes sense.

Sponsored

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Here's another data point on the PB from Car & Driver (emphasis theirs):

It zips to 60 mph in 5.3 seconds on the way to a 13.8-second, 102.1-mph quarter-mile run.​

So that's close to 3 Tons being launched to over 100 MPH in just a quarter mile!

It's unlikely the 6.2L would keep up.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems

It zips to 60 mph in 5.3 seconds on the way to a 13.8-second, 102.1-mph quarter-mile run.​

So that's close to 3 Tons being launched to over 100 MPH in just a quarter mile!

I've watched TFLTrucks' PB walk away from everything but the TRX and Raptor. The 6.2L in the GMC can't stay with it. Different era and different 6.2L so I don't know. His 2011 F150 with that big V8 was definitely a king for it's day, but maybe the terrible mpg numbers that came with it helped solidify the move to EB and PB trucks?

OP
OP
M_trumble

M_trumble

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Occupation
Soldier

I 100% agree that according to these numbers, my old 6.2 would never be able to hang with that without a supercharger or something. My current issue is that I don’t see anything close to those numbers in my PB. It’s pulling repeatable 7.3-7.4 sec 0-60’s. It’s all it has. My old 6.2 would smoke that.

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Does it throw any codes?

Hopefully you are able to figure this out soon!

Bettermoa

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150, 21 Accord, 72 Monte
Occupation
Operating Engineer
I would recommend having a tank of
Premium pump gas rams through and topped off with more before your test, I’m assuming your lack luster feel comes from using cheap regular fuel, which in mine makes a noticeable different in pull especially higher in the rev range, with that said, boosted engines don’t need to rev out to pull well on accelerating, yet I believe you need to drive your truck in all modes from time to time for the ECU to get data, on how you drive and I feel it allows your truck to adapt and drive smoother, hence if you rarely drive it hard with good fuel you aren’t feeling tue true nature of your truck and what’s it’s capable of doing, my take which could be bias since my boosted LS3 would smoke this, but that’s a purpose built engine🏁✅🇺🇸

Sponsored

OP
OP
M_trumble

M_trumble

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Occupation
Soldier
I would recommend having a tank of
Premium pump gas rams through and topped off with more before your test, I’m assuming your lack luster feel comes from using cheap regular fuel, which in mine makes a noticeable different in pull especially higher in the rev range, with that said, boosted engines don’t need to rev out to pull well on accelerating, yet I believe you need to drive your truck in all modes from time to time for the ECU to get data, on how you drive and I feel it allows your truck to adapt and drive smoother, hence if you rarely drive it hard with good fuel you aren’t feeling tue true nature of your truck and what’s it’s capable of doing, my take which could be bias since my boosted LS3 would smoke this, but that’s a purpose built engine🏁✅🇺🇸
Unfortunately I’m on my 5th tank of 93 octane. I’ve been running it exclusively for over a month! 😫

OP
OP
M_trumble

M_trumble

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Occupation
Soldier
Does it throw any codes?

Hopefully you are able to figure this out soon!
None at all. If I didn’t know it was supposed to be more powerful, I wouldn’t think there was anything wrong. It runs fine. Just weak.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Do you weigh 600 pounds or something? Is the 3.5 kicking on right away? ICE should take over right away if you put the pedal to the floor.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Did you ever test drive that new one to compare?

OP
OP
M_trumble

M_trumble

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Occupation
Soldier
Did you ever test drive that new one to compare?
I have an appt at the dealership. May 9th to have them look at this thing. I’m trying one then.
Sponsored

Reactions: 780