Sponsored

Software Update Preferences not working?

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I am having the same issue, went out last night to use the truck and it was dead as a doornail. Put a meter on the battery is was showing 1v not sure if that is right or not but as soon as I connected the battery pack jumper the lights flickered and the I was able to start the truck. The only message I had was "low charging" I also cannot toggle the automatic updates. When I check for updates it say's I have the latest updates but no version numbers is shown. I have a 2021 lariat powerboost with 2K miles. It's going to the dealer Friday for the recall I will see what they have to say about this.
All the same problems here, no dead battery yet, but the auto start-stop has discontinued working and
The screen under shows auto start stop "disabled due to charging" when I stop. Also ford pass says "truck is in deep sleep mode start truck walk up welcome lighting doesn't com on. When this happens no interior lights. Open door and center / dash screens black until you push start button. No fix yet according to ford.
Sponsored

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
All the same problems here, no dead battery yet, but the auto start-stop has discontinued working and
The screen under shows auto start stop "disabled due to charging" when I stop. Also ford pass says "truck is in deep sleep mode start truck walk up welcome lighting doesn't com on. When this happens no interior lights. Open door and center / dash screens black until you push start button. No fix yet according to ford.
I had all these issues as well as a dead battery last week. And a seal that was leaking. To many problems. Traded it off to bad liked the truck.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had all these issues as well as a dead battery last week. And a seal that was leaking. To many problems. Traded it off to bad liked the truck.
I am having the same issue, went out last night to use the truck and it was dead as a doornail. Put a meter on the battery is was showing 1v not sure if that is right or not but as soon as I connected the battery pack jumper the lights flickered and the I was able to start the truck. The only message I had was "low charging" I also cannot toggle the automatic updates. When I check for updates it say's I have the latest updates but no version numbers is shown. I have a 2021 lariat powerboost with 2K miles. It's going to the dealer Friday for the recall I will see what they have to say about this.
My truck is charging all of the time and will not auto start-stop. Tonight I came home from work at 5:30 still light out locked the truck and went in, at about 7:45 I glanced out the window and noticed the center stack screen was on but grayed and all of the center stack knobs and switches were lit up. Went out with the fob in hand, welcome lights came on opened the door shut the door and locked the truck all lights went out and are still out at 9:45 tonight. Could this be the battery killer?

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
My truck is charging all of the time and will not auto start-stop. Tonight I came home from work at 5:30 still light out locked the truck and went in, at about 7:45 I glanced out the window and noticed the center stack screen was on but grayed and all of the center stack knobs and switches were lit up. Went out with the fob in hand, welcome lights came on opened the door shut the door and locked the truck all lights went out and are still out at 9:45 tonight. Could this be the battery killer?
Who knows to many electrical glitches and crap I didn’t need or want to deal with. Hope yours fairs better.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Who knows to many electrical glitches and crap I didn’t need or want to deal with. Hope yours fairs better.
Thanks, I saw that you ditched the truck, I haven't had as many problems as you have. As of now I going to stick it out and hope that by this spring they get there shit together and are able to fix mine. Good luck with your next Truck

Sponsored

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
Thanks, I saw that you ditched the truck, I haven't had as many problems as you have. As of now I going to stick it out and hope that by this spring they get there shit together and are able to fix mine. Good luck with your next Truck
Thank you!
I hope yours gets figured out !

flashtek

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Seeing some people getting Software Updates. Think they will be able to push it to the ones that are not showing "Automatic Update" selection status?

tboo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Anybody get an update on this from Ford? I would have thought the fix would have been out by now.

Sponsored

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.

BarnoQc

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT 2021 Sport trim
I have called Ford . Fix is not released yet. According to ford the fix will be installed at the dealer when available. Not via OTA.

eamatherne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited POWERBOOST Hybrid 4x4
I have called Ford . Fix is not released yet. According to ford the fix will be installed at the dealer when available. Not via OTA.
All I keep getting is phone calls to tell me the part is not available. Terrible!

Diacritical

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid
For a brief few shining minutes last night, my update preferences were set (automatic) and I could see the version of the firmware I was on. Then a few hours later, it disappeared, like a creaking old ship into an impenetrable fog bank.

Ford F-150 Software Update Preferences not working? MirabileDictu

Ford F-150 Software Update Preferences not working? After

eamatherne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited POWERBOOST Hybrid 4x4
My truck has been at the dealer for over a month. One problem after another!@!#$, Charging System Error, Malfunction Indicator Light, No OTA updates since purchased, Software updates greyed out, Leaking electric battery cooling unit, Broken fuel door assembly, along with multiple electronic issues.

Latest is:
1. Dealer ordered an APIM that took almost a month to come in then,
2. It was dertermnined I had a bad Hybrid Drive. Transmisssion removal required then,
2. O2 Sensor failure, still waiting on that part then,
3. APIM that took almost a month to get would not take the download so then,
4. Ford told dealer to order an APIM with the program already installed. Waiting on that! Who knows how long that will be?

God only knows what will be next! I am totally done with this truck. Even when and after it gets fixed, which remains to be seen, I am going to try to get a buyback from Ford. If they dont help me, after 50 years and 47 personal Ford vehicles, I'm going to check out Ram and GMC. I cant take it anymore.
Sponsored