Sponsored

Software Update Preferences not working?

Mfair

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 limited 2021
Occupation
President
Same here as everyone else has stated.
My 2021 limited is doing the same thing though I see that the last software version is displayed, not blank. Has anyone been able to resolve the problem, my dealer service department has not seen this, doesn’t know what to do. Thanks
Sponsored

ronaldfreemanjr

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost FX4

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 502A
Hoping that someone is still watching this thread… Was a fix for the OTA ever made available? My 21 Lariat still has the automatic update toggle greyed out and no revision number. My truck is booked in next week for recalls and to fix the OTA issue but my dealer says they’ve never even heard of this issue. Any help? Ford???

Diacritical

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid
Hoping that someone is still watching this thread… Was a fix for the OTA ever made available? My 21 Lariat still has the automatic update toggle greyed out and no revision number. My truck is booked in next week for recalls and to fix the OTA issue but my dealer says they’ve never even heard of this issue. Any help? Ford???
Schedule service for CSP 22B08. They will need it a while if they are not used to doing the fix.

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 502A
Schedule service for CSP 22B08. They will need it a while if they are not used to doing the fix.
Thank you very much. Truck is already booked for 22B08 but apparently the dealer had no idea it corrected the OTA updates.

Sponsored

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Thank you very much. Truck is already booked for 22B08 but apparently the dealer had no idea it corrected the OTA updates.
My truck had the same problem and was repaired by the dealer using CSP22B08 in a couple hours. I started getting OTA's the very next day. My truck continued to have problems setting a schedule for updates until I got the 2.6.0 OTA that enables the multiday scheduling.

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 502A
My truck had the same problem and was repaired by the dealer using CSP22B08 in a couple hours. I started getting OTA's the very next day. My truck continued to have problems setting a schedule for updates until I got the 2.6.0 OTA that enables the multiday scheduling.
Good to know. Thank you.

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I am getting so disgusted with my dealer on getting the update problem fixed. They tried two times and both failed. Last time they stated they think one of their cables was bad and ordered a new one. Well that was seven weeks ago and still nothing. My letter to Ford customer service has been there for three weeks and nothing. Getting disgusted with customer service also. Getting disgusted with Ford period.:mad:
Truck will be a year old the 15th of July.

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I am getting so disgusted with my dealer on getting the update problem fixed. They tried two times and both failed. Last time they stated they think one of their cables was bad and ordered a new one. Well that was seven weeks ago and still nothing. My letter to Ford customer service has been there for three weeks and nothing. Getting disgusted with customer service also. Getting disgusted with Ford period.:mad:
Truck will be a year old the 15th of July.
The dealer matters. The first dealer I went to had my truck 2 times for 12 days and couldn't fix it. Said it needed a new APIM. Dealer #2 fixed it in a matter of a couple hours without a new APIM.

Vinnrox250

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F150 Limited & '21 Ford Explorer Platinum
Ok need help. I’ve been getting power-up updates for the last couple of weeks successfully. They’re scheduled to take place in the middle of the night. But this specific update will not take. I have gotten a cannot install for the last couple days. Anyone else having issues?

No Bluecruise yet; truck was at Ford and my uncle said there have been some issues with the update and it can take days. Some trucks getting bricked. So holding off on that for now.

I’ve tried running it manually twice and it Fails. Trying to go to 2.8.1.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ok need help. I’ve been getting power-up updates for the last couple of weeks successfully. They’re scheduled to take place in the middle of the night. But this specific update will not take. I have gotten a cannot install for the last couple days. Anyone else having issues?

No Bluecruise yet; truck was at Ford and my uncle said there have been some issues with the update and it can take days. Some trucks getting bricked. So holding off on that for now.

I’ve tried running it manually twice and it Fails. Trying to go to 2.8.1.
Battery is outside the parameters for the update. need to run a charger overnight.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hmm okay. Wonder what’s causing that. Truck is just over a year old. Maybe Texas heat. Suggestions for a charger?
Happening to a lot of trucks. This update take 2 hours to install. As long as the charger has an AGM setting and is auto it should be fine. Prologix makes a great charger

If you give me your vin I can see what exactly is the issue

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Hmm okay. Wonder what’s causing that. Truck is just over a year old. Maybe Texas heat. Suggestions for a charger?
I know it seems odd to hear that your battery state of charge is prohibiting an update from being installed but if you think about it for a second.........
Sure, your truck is new.
And your battery may seem plenty healthy from your standpoint, afterall, it fires right up! :)

But what you have to consider is that the truck would not be running and so it would essentially be in accessory mode for a long period of time. In fact, if you were manually installing the update with Ford's FDRS interface, you are instructed to have the battery on a charger during the procedure.

Many of these dealership fails have proven to be technicians ignoring the instructions in FDRS and draining customer's batteries below the threshold that the truck must be at to successfully update.

Honestly I think it's incredibly ambitious of Ford to attempt some of these updates OTA for just this reason. And it's confusing to the customer to get those notifications of OTA failure and not include the battery situation and requirements.

Putting your battery on a charger to get a big OTA is still easier than dealing with the dealerships though. Right? :)

Vinnrox250

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F150 Limited & '21 Ford Explorer Platinum
Happening to a lot of trucks. This update take 2 hours to install. As long as the charger has an AGM setting and is auto it should be fine. Prologix makes a great charger

If you give me your vin I can see what exactly is the issue
It was just at the dealer too. They did a bunch of updates. And like I said, I have had four I think in the last couple weeks These updates are killing me. I just DMed you my VIN.
Sponsored