Sponsored

So what IS the latest/current Sync4 version?

nezff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew 5.0 Space White
Occupation
Firefighter

Jmendoza

First Name
JORGE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
Time to get mongoose and fdrs .to update ..or you will be waiting a while

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Time to get mongoose and fdrs .to update ..or you will be waiting a while

Or just keep what you have because it's running great without wasting hundreds of $$ and tens of hours.

Jmendoza

First Name
JORGE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
Or just keep what you have because it's running great without wasting hundreds of $$ and tens of hours.
This isnt for everyone... You either care or you don't. .I paid 60k for truck what's another 500 to have my truck running most latest .. Each there own

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This isnt for everyone... You either care or you don't. .I paid 60k for truck what's another 500 to have my truck running most latest .. Each there own
Nah, it's not black and white. Of course I care, hence why I started this thread ;).
The fact that I am not going to spend hundreds of dollars on equipment to manually update my SYNC version does not mean that I am OK with Ford not being able to do that on a > $60K truck, I just chose to keep it safe because (knock on wood) I am not experiencing any issues with my current version. I don't care about Alexa and I didn't prep for BlueCruise, so I don't feel I am missing anything.
Add to that the numerous "Update gone wrong" threads. As you said - to each their own.

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Just my $0.02 worth.....

I agree that your taking a chance when updating your truck E.G. Latest BCM update. Also, it is nice to have some of the systems updated so they work smoother and work the way they were intended to work. Ford will only allow an update if you have a "CONCERN' with your truck. Sure, there are lots of trucks on the road with the factory installed/ OTA updated versions. I have been in the teck field for years and I like to have the latest and greatest versions I can. Some updates I have done or received, I have not noticed anything different, but I willing to bet there is an improvement. But again, this is my thoughts.

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just my $0.02 worth.....

I agree that your taking a chance when updating your truck E.G. Latest BCM update. Also, it is nice to have some of the systems updated so they work smoother and work the way they were intended to work. Ford will only allow an update if you have a "CONCERN' with your truck. Sure, there are lots of trucks on the road with the factory installed/ OTA updated versions. I have been in the teck field for years and I like to have the latest and greatest versions I can. Some updates I have done or received, I have not noticed anything different, but I willing to bet there is an improvement. But again, this is my thoughts.

I have always "jumped" on updates for everything, sometimes it "cost" me (one recent Samsung update killed my phone). I am capable of fixing it by resetting the phone and start fresh, and I always keep the previous model at home as back up for cases like that.
But when it comes to vehicles, I don't have a back up, I can't be without my truck. Worse than that - I don't want to be without my truck and it certainly is not worth it to me to have my truck stuck for weeks at the dealer's.

nezff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew 5.0 Space White
Occupation
Firefighter
Depends on the build.
EDIT - New Update as of 4-30-2022

ALL Job 1 now are available to update to 22095

Job 2 there is no apim update available whatever you are at is what is available.
July build 21136
August or September and later 21223(what OP is)
That was the version until

2022 Job 1
they have 21297 it has the Alexa update(gateway update required also)and 22012 Is shipping in newer 2022 builds seems to be starting April.

EDIT -Correct a few details.
5-3-22 Edit Correct JOb 1 version
I have 22012 revision 321?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
For me personally, there's far bigger reasons to purchase another tool for my toolbox (Mongoose) than to update Sync to the latest version.
Having had a Job1 2021 Powerboost for just short of a year, after several updates, including 2 PCM updates, that truck simply was more polished in so many ways. It ran better, shifted better, and had less quirks. I believe I applied 24 various updates to it by the time my special order Job2 2022 arrived and I traded it in.
And yes, the 2022 arrived better behaved than the 2021 was when new.

Some of the continuous development and improvements aren't something that will ever be delivered OTA. And a dealership wouldn't update the truck unless it was brought in for an issue to begin with.

As for not wanting to be without the truck? That's the #1 reason I invested in the tools. The never ending saga of stories dealing with getting an appointment, and then leaving it with folks that are either apathetic, clueless, or.......

If I can go the entire ownership of this truck without ever getting near a dealership, the FDRS/Mongoose/Forum might be the best option I have ever purchased for a vehicle. :)

Still, I get that it's not for everyone.

Jmendoza

First Name
JORGE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
For me personally, there's far bigger reasons to purchase another tool for my toolbox (Mongoose) than to update Sync to the latest version.
Having had a Job1 2021 Powerboost for just short of a year, after several updates, including 2 PCM updates, that truck simply was more polished in so many ways. It ran better, shifted better, and had less quirks. I believe I applied 24 various updates to it by the time my special order Job2 2022 arrived and I traded it in.
And yes, the 2022 arrived better behaved than the 2021 was when new.

Some of the continuous development and improvements aren't something that will ever be delivered OTA. And a dealership wouldn't update the truck unless it was brought in for an issue to begin with.

As for not wanting to be without the truck? That's the #1 reason I invested in the tools. The never ending saga of stories dealing with getting an appointment, and then leaving it with folks that are either apathetic, clueless, or.......

If I can go the entire ownership of this truck without ever getting near a dealership, the FDRS/Mongoose/Forum might be the best option I have ever purchased for a vehicle. :)

Still, I get that it's not for everyone.
Well said ..not for everyone but sure feels better to know my truck running most recent ...after I did all mine it just felt more polished maybe placebo but hey it's enough to justify it ha .

Sponsored

Kaboom

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Mine currently is SYNC Version4.0.22294. Truck ever since the updates has been in at Ford for the loss of the Yaw sensor ability and will not use the stickers for trailer setup. Lost both. Changing the APIM today, with a Engineering rep coming in from Kansas City. TRM and IPMA both replaced. Been at Ford for over 2 months. Considering ordering a 2023 F250

Last edited:

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Mine currently is SYNC Version4.0.22294. Truck ever since the updates has been in at Ford for the lose of the Yaw sensor ability and will not use the stickers for trailer setup. Lost both. Changing the APIM today, with a Engineering rep coming in from Kansas City. TRM and IPMA both replaced. Been at Ford for over 2 months. Considering ordering a 2023 F250
They are probably swapping modules and putting the exact same config data on them. If i had to guess, The config in the IPMA is off. Total guess though.

Kaboom

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Update, Now have lost all trailers in the system and will not setup a new trailer. The engineering rep is at a loss on what the problem is. they have admitted to throwing parts at it. Trailer was hooked to another truck and was successfully added. Just not on mine. This all started after taking in for the numerous recalls, and getting the first Power update through Ford. Will get software version when I go pick up truck and wait for them to decide next move.

Abraham5G

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum BAP Star White EcoBoost
Mine says SYNC 4, Software Version: 23045_PRODUCT
Revision: 731.

Not sure how far behind I am. I've had my truck for 3 weeks and haven't received any updates.

adt1982

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Mine says SYNC 4, Software Version: 23045_PRODUCT
Revision: 731.

Not sure how far behind I am. I've had my truck for 3 weeks and haven't received any updates.
23291 is the latest software version. This thread has a link to a spreadsheet of all the OTA updates.

You are a bit behind on updates. If you post your VIN in this thread someone with access can see what updates you need and have pending.
Sponsored