First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
In an attempt to keep the other threads clean lets use this thread to request VIN lookups from anyone with an active FDRS or PTS subscription.

Please specify if you are looking for OTA updates (done via PTS) or module updates (done via FDRS)

Please do not PM asking for a VIN lookup, please use this thread

Here's some good OTA information courtesy of @JScaro

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/SetCountry?returnUrl=/Purchase/ViewProduct
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I, for one, think this is a GREAT idea.

When you ask for a VIN check, please specify if you are looking for OTA updates, or if you need to see what specific modules have updates pending on FDRS.

Last edited:

Badhabit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCrew 4x4 5.0 302A
I'll get the party started.

1FTFW1E51NFB11390

I got 3.5.2 on September 20, so I know 3.5.3 is around the corner. But now seeing a few people already getting 3.5.4 has me getting fidgety.

OP
OP
speedracercjr

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
You got a couple of updates beyond the APIM coming with 3.5.3

Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread 1666317047829

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT
Just had my APIM recovered at the dealership for CSP 22B08 today. Not certain what version I'm at now.

VIN 1FTEW1EPXMKD68759

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I'll get the party started.

1FTFW1E51NFB11390

I got 3.5.2 on September 20, so I know 3.5.3 is around the corner. But now seeing a few people already getting 3.5.4 has me getting fidgety.
You got 3.5.2 on 9/20....no other OTA's in your queue at this time.

Just had my APIM recovered at the dealership for CSP 22B08 today. Not certain what version I'm at now.

VIN 1FTEW1EPXMKD68759
No OTA history on your truck for the past 60 days and no updates in queue.

They tried to update your APIM several times and it failed. The tried the module repair procedure several times and eventually succeeded. Then then tried to update your APIM several times and it failed, but they finally got it to update. They followed the steps by the book. You seem to have a tech/dealer that knows what they are doing. I don't see a Sync version registered in PTS for your truck yet, but that should pop up soon since they just fixed your issue. In theory, you should be able to start getting OTA's now. Hopefully someone more savvy with these things sees this and can provide more info, but I think they got you going in the right direction going forward.

I’ll bite, thanks in advance!

1FTFW1E5XNKD85114
You got 3.5.2 a week ago. No more OTA's in your queue, but you have a 2022 truck, so you should be good to go if you got an OTA already. The others should come sooner than later.

I wouldn’t mind knowing where I stand re: software. I got 3.5.2 on September 14 but curious if there’s anything else in the pipeline.

Thanks for starting this up @speedracercjr!

1FTEW1EP1NFA37580
Same response as above applies to you. You got 3.5.2 a month ago, and nothing in your queue, but you have a 2022. Just be patient and you'll get your updates.

StoneGray22

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 SCREW, 500A, 3.5 EB, 4x4, Max Tow, 157"
@rugedraw
Would you mind taking a look at what is going on with mine? Yesterday afternoon at work got a notice from ford pass that my battery was low. Last night on the way home from the grocery store, noticed the update download icon on the screen.

This morning on my way to work, about 10 minutes into my drive, the icon popped up again. So I touched it, and was taken a screen saying there was an update, touch to get to the update details screen, and am presented with a blank, 2 page screen (see photo below). Any idea what is going on? VIN: 1FTFW1E86NFA69468

Thanks for the help!
Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread IMG_20221021_083826145_HDR

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I appreciate this thread / offer and have no doubts about the good intentions and reputability of the OP. But I do have a question .....

Is it possible for a person with my VIN and an FDRS or PTS license to remotely alter with my truck's systems or records in Ford's service databases, even if inadvertently with no malicious intent?

Just curious.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
@rugedraw
Would you mind taking a look at what is going on with mine? Yesterday afternoon at work got a notice from ford pass that my battery was low. Last night on the way home from the grocery store, noticed the update download icon on the screen.

This morning on my way to work, about 10 minutes into my drive, the icon popped up again. So I touched it, and was taken a screen saying there was an update, touch to get to the update details screen, and am presented with a blank, 2 page screen (see photo below). Any idea what is going on? VIN: 1FTFW1E86NFA69468

Thanks for the help!
The one you got on the 13th failed for some reason; it mentions a server/cloud issue. However, it was actually sent to you today and I cannot access the details. I think it may be installing on your truck right now as I type this.

I appreciate this thread / offer and have no doubts about the good intentions and reputability of the OP. But I do have a question .....

Is it possible for a person with my VIN and an FDRS or PTS license to remotely alter with my truck's systems or records in Ford's service databases, even if inadvertently with no malicious intent?

Just curious.
Impossible. PTS is just a website for Ford dealer employees and cannot be used to alter anything directly on any vehicle. FDRS is the software Ford techs use to diagnose/repair vehicles and requires a cable to be plugged into the vehicle directly in order for you to be able to physically do anything. FORscan is the software that allows you to make changes to vehicle modules and also requires to be connected directly to the vehicle to work. Anyone looking to get their VIN checked can always DM me or anyone else with PTS or FDRS (I only have PTS) if they prefer to keep their VIN private.

Edit: Actually, you could alter service records. I wouldn't know how to do it personally, but that is possible, yes. I can tell you if someone suggested that to me, they would be immediately declined.

Last edited:

Sponsored

s.v.t.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Building..
I’d love some info!

1FTFW1E82NFA93329

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
I would like to know as well, please, and thank you.

1FTFW1ED9MFA85630