Sponsored

So what IS the latest/current Sync4 version?

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Yes, I may be living under a rock, but between all the "my Sync 4 won't update" threads, and my own Sync 4 that keeps telling me that I am running the latest version, I am not sure what is the most current version and if I am the lucky owner of a truck that won't update.

As I said - Sync 4 says no updates but when I checked online on ford.com with my VIN, this is what I am getting:

Ford F-150 So what IS the latest/current Sync4 version? 1651104650744

The truck's wifi is configured properly, I double checked earlier and I do see the connected icon.
Online also says there is a map update for me and before I update the maps I need to make sure I have the latest Sync version.

This is what I currently have:

Ford F-150 So what IS the latest/current Sync4 version? Sync4

So what is "Version", what is "Revision" and do I have the last one or do I need to contact the dealer?

Thank you.
Sponsored

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
I have that version of Sync also, and it tells me there are no updates too. I got that Bluecruise maps update just fine.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Depends on the build.
EDIT - New Update as of 4-30-2022

ALL Job 1 now are available to update to 22095

Job 2 there is no apim update available whatever you are at is what is available.
July build 21136
August or September and later 21223(what OP is)
That was the version until

2022 Job 1
they have 21297 it has the Alexa update(gateway update required also)and 22012 Is shipping in newer 2022 builds seems to be starting April.

EDIT -Correct a few details.
5-3-22 Edit Correct JOb 1 version

Last edited:
OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Depends on the build.
Job 1 with Blue Cruise 22034
Job 1 no Blue Cruise 21281
Job 2 there is no apim update available whatever you are at is what is available.
July build 21136

2022 Job 1
they have 21297 it has the Alexa update and 22012

OK, so this was the version the truck left the plant with, but how do I know if there is an update to my truck and it won't download it because of the auto update issue?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
OK, so this was the version the truck left the plant with, but how do I know if there is an update to my truck and it won't download it because of the auto update issue?
I mentioned there is no update for job 2 or beyond

Sponsored

Cincy150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SC Sport
Occupation
Application Engineer
Depends on the build.
July build 21136

2022 Job 1
Hi, do you have an idea as to when the alexa update will rollout to the other builds (assuming they will all get it)?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hi, do you have an idea as to when the alexa update will rollout to the other builds (assuming they will all get it)?
I have no idea honestly. I wouldnt hold my breath. The update will require Gateway and APIM update.

For those that have Job 2 I dont know why they havent sent it out. THe software will load onto your gateway and APIM no issue. I cant seem to understand why ford has so many versions of Sync software out there. It seems to be what ford does. they did it with MyFord Touch and sync 3 and now SYnc 4.

I Hope it comes soon for those that want it. Its available now in newly built trucks.

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I mentioned there is no update for job 2 or beyond
Where do you see the Job number (I suppose in the window sticker, but where)?

And how can a random person check and verify that there is no update that the system fails to download?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Build date you are JOb 2 I can tell by the software version

I dont know of a way for a random person to

Sponsored

rado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Depends on the build.
July build 21136

2022 Job 1
My truck was built in September, though still has 21136. I'm assuming this is all Kosher? I was worried I wasn't receiving updates but I guess this makes sense.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My truck was built in September, though still has 21136. I'm assuming this is all Kosher? I was worried I wasn't receiving updates but I guess this makes sense.
Yeah, they havent pushed any otas out for job 2 EXCEPT a Blue Cruise map update to the Gateway Module. No Apim updates and only a few module updates are even inFDRS for Job 2.

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
Where do you see the Job number (I suppose in the window sticker, but where)?

And how can a random person check and verify that there is no update that the system fails to download?
You won't find a "Job" designation on your sticker, but the build date should be listed at the bottom below the MSRP:

Ford F-150 So what IS the latest/current Sync4 version? builddate

The last numeric sequence indicates the production date (MM DD YY). I don't recall the exact threshold between jobs 1 and 2, but it was in either June or July of 2021. If your build date is May '21 or earlier, you definitely have a "job 1" truck. If it's August '21 or later, you're a "job 2".

If you're June or July '21, you'll have to search threads for the exact demarcation between the two.

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You won't find a "Job" designation on your sticker, but the build date should be listed at the bottom below the MSRP:

builddate.png

The last numeric sequence indicates the production date (MM DD YY). I don't recall the exact threshold between jobs 1 and 2, but it was in either June or July of 2021. If your build date is May '21 or earlier, you definitely have a "job 1" truck. If it's August '21 or later, you're a "job 2".

If you're June or July '21, you'll have to search threads for the exact demarcation between the two.

Thanks! I am definitely Job 2 then (prod. date 12/9/2021), but I am stil curious where can one find current available version for his/her Sync 4. Why do owners complain that they don't get OTA updates? How do they know that there is an update and their system won't download it?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Thanks! I am definitely Job 2 then (prod. date 12/9/2021), but I am stil curious where can one find current available version for his/her Sync 4. Why do owners complain that they don't get OTA updates? How do they know that there is an update and their system won't download it?
They probably wouldn't know and wouldn't care if all the features they read about on these forums were working on their truck too.
Of course Bluecruise was the elephant in the room for 2021 F150 owners, so that was impossible to escape the radar.
Then things like cameras-at-speed were getting posts too.
Eventually things like Carplay navigation inside the Instrument Cluster will be read about......... On & on.

Remarkably one man's ( @Jesse-Infotainment ) endeavor to buy an XL F150 and then upgrade it himself to have features like Bluecruise, which is NOT even an option from Ford, morphed into a fascinating forum based cottage industry and now truck owners have the tools and KNOWLEDGE that surpasses, literally, that of the established Ford Service department. That service model is rendered legacy, in OTA and software updates regards, almost overnight!

It might be frustrating (and confusing) for the owners with these trucks that are quickly loosing trust with the dealership service model, but it's actually liberating for some because they are more empowered than has been possible since the days cars were 90% analog. :)
Sponsored