Sponsored

Updated to Latest Software Version at Order Pickup?

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
When you picked up your ordered truck did the dealership update it to the latest software version? The factory may send it out with the latest version but often with other products that is not the case and you need to update to the latest yourself? What did you experience?
Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
You better read the ECU programming thread here on this forum. Dealers are ill prepared and don't have the time to update every vehicle that comes in new on the truck. They actually for the most part have been leaving guys and gals high and dry when it comes to them updating the trucks. If they don't have a warranty claim to bill software update to or a problem related to software being out of date they are refusing to do updates. Not all dealers are the same. The majority of owners here have purchased the programming cable. Downloaded the software, purchased FDRS license and bought the recommended power supply battery charger and did all updates ourself. Read the thread its all there. It's not hard. It is time consuming. In the end you will have a much better understanding of the computer on wheels you purchased. Good luck.

OP
OP
Kodiak

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Thanks for the comment and posting that link. I did start reading that thread some time ago but saw that the FDRS was like a $grand so I really did not get into it. I am not paying a grand for that. Then I did just see that you can get a 2 day license for $50 (if it is still this price) so that is more doable. I'll have to do a deep dive into that thread as now that might be something I will use.

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Thanks for the comment and posting that link. I did start reading that thread some time ago but saw that the FDRS was like a $grand so I really did not get into it. I am not paying a grand for that. Then I did just see that you can get a 2 day license for $50 (if it is still this price) so that is more doable. I'll have to do a deep dive into that thread as now that might be something I will use.
Yes you can buy a 2 day for $50.
Sponsored