Sponsored

How to find latest version of OTA SYNC4 Updates?

FastHamFreddy

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
Project Manager
Posted this in another thread, but haven't seen any feedback.

Does anyone know how to find the current version of Sync 4?

For example, if I go to the help.ford.com/update-sync, it says I have version SYNC4 v4.0.21136. But I can't seem to find anything telling me what the current version of SYNC4 is.

Does anyone know where you can go to find this info?
Sponsored

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
Posted this in another thread, but haven't seen any feedback.

Does anyone know how to find the current version of Sync 4?

For example, if I go to the help.ford.com/update-sync, it says I have version SYNC4 v4.0.21136. But I can't seem to find anything telling me what the current version of SYNC4 is.

Does anyone know where you can go to find this info?
I think now with OTA updates they don't post current version because they are all different
this is mine it just updated Thursday and I'm a build 1 truck manf in Jan 2021
Ford F-150 How to find latest version of OTA SYNC4 Updates? 1641843593877

OP
OP
FastHamFreddy

FastHamFreddy

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
Project Manager
I think now with OTA updates they don't post current version because they are all different
this is mine it just updated Thursday and I'm a build 1 truck manf in Jan 2021
1641843593877.png
Thanks CaneMan!

Leaves me concerned. Only because I have seen a handful of posts saying their Sync4 system is not automatically updating. Makes me think mine is not either.

Have only had it for about 2 months, so not sure that there has been any updates to speak of, but something to keep an eye on I suppose.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I just took this picture today of my 21 XLT 302A . March build, del May.
Ford F-150 How to find latest version of OTA SYNC4 Updates? Ver Number

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
21146 was the latest build for 21(job 1)
21223 was the latest for 21.5(job 2)

21136 was a job 2 build.

21281 was the apim update from the power up update 2.3.0 released for job one trucks as of now to bring them up to date. This is the version 22 is shipping with.

I bet they will send this out to job 2 trucks also.

Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Seems like they want to hold certain trucks to certain versions. A lot of the people thinning OTAs are “broken” seem to just not be targeted for one. I myself have only received one since getting my truck in June, and there have been at least 2 newer versions posted that people have, but if you check my VIN on the Ford site, it says I’m already up to date. Meaning there’s no updates deployed to me that’s failing to install or anything, it just doesn’t think I need one. Must have something to do with configurations or versions of modules etc.

Sucks, but seems like MANY people are only getting to a certain version from OTAs while others continue to be targeted for newer ones. Then there’s the Job 2 trucks coming with even newer stuff that no OTAs seem to be adding.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Seems like they want to hold certain trucks to certain versions. A lot of the people thinning OTAs are “broken” seem to just not be targeted for one. I myself have only received one since getting my truck in June, and there have been at least 2 newer versions posted that people have, but if you check my VIN on the Ford site, it says I’m already up to date. Meaning there’s no updates deployed to me that’s failing to install or anything, it just doesn’t think I need one. Must have something to do with configurations or versions of modules etc.

Sucks, but seems like MANY people are only getting to a certain version from OTAs while others continue to be targeted for newer ones. Then there’s the Job 2 trucks coming with even newer stuff that no OTAs seem to be adding.
The best way is to get a FDRS two day pass and manually update everything yourself. The OTAs are also available manually. Just need to decide what it’s worth to you to get those done. The web site is not a accurate indication of what software is Available for your truck

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
The best way is to get a FDRS two day pass and manually update everything yourself. The OTAs are also available manually. Just need to decide what it’s worth to you to get those done. The web site is not a accurate indication of what software is Available for your truck
Any idea of off-the-shelf cables that would work with this? I doubt my OBDLink Ex would do it.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I was told this one works perfectly.
The person did all their updates and was very happy

I may even get one to have it

Ford F-150 How to find latest version of OTA SYNC4 Updates? 3241ABDC-E071-49F4-A6B9-4330328B9B89

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
21146 was the latest build for 21(job 1)
21223 was the latest for 21.5(job 2)

21136 was a job 2 build.

21281 was the apim update from the power up update 2.3.0 released for job one trucks as of now to bring them up to date. This is the version 22 is shipping with.

I bet they will send this out to job 2 trucks also.
My truck was built June 18th and is showing up to date with version 20301. I have the same problem as many others with grayed out auto update.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My truck was built June 18th and is showing up to date with version 20301. I have the same problem as many others with grayed out auto update.
20301 WAS A 21(Job 1 build)

Those of you that have not recieved updates there is good news. I have seen a few people getting 2.3.0 this update brings the apim fully up to date. The people reporting receiving this update were on old versions and had not received an update or maybe an update.

The other good news is a update that has no version. It is a gateway update that seems to bring the gate way fully up to date. Rather than 1.6, 2.1, 2.1.1 they combined them all into this one update. all of those were Gate way updates.

1.4 was a TCU update. I still think it is a good idea to go ahead and get your truck manually updated to the latest available at the dealer or at home yourself. That way the early updates are done.. A few of the early updates fixed an issue with OTAs not going through.

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew XLT Powerboost
20301 WAS A 21(Job 1 build)

Those of you that have not recieved updates there is good news. I have seen a few people getting 2.3.0 this update brings the apim fully up to date. The people reporting receiving this update were on old versions and had not received an update or maybe an update.

The other good news is a update that has no version. It is a gateway update that seems to bring the gate way fully up to date. Rather than 1.6, 2.1, 2.1.1 they combined them all into this one update. all of those were Gate way updates.

1.4 was a TCU update. I still think it is a good idea to go ahead and get your truck manually updated to the latest available at the dealer or at home yourself. That way the early updates are done.. A few of the early updates fixed an issue with OTAs not going through.
Are people who couldn't get 1.7.1 with their update schedule greyed out getting 2.3.0? I just got back from the dealer who couldn't manually update the APIM and said Ford told them they were working on it. He didn't mention updating any of the other modules at the time.

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
Are people who couldn't get 1.7.1 with their update schedule greyed out getting 2.3.0? I just got back from the dealer who couldn't manually update the APIM and said Ford told them they were working on it. He didn't mention updating any of the other modules at the time.
I haven’t yet but I’ll keep a eye out.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I believe so. I will try to confirm

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I'm not sure if this is part of the same problem but my oil life won't reset now. It worked in the past but now when I go thru the procedure to reset it, it looks like it does but when I pull it up it's still at the same % as prior to the reset. Anyone else with the grayed out auto reset buttons have the oil life issue?
Sponsored