Sponsored

How to find latest version of OTA SYNC4 Updates?

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
One more Important thing about this device:

DO NOT perform SW updates in VCM II emulation mode.

It bricked my GSM (Gear Shifting Module) when I tried to flash it in VCM II emulation mode. Luckily the J2534 pass-through mode could revive it and all is fine now. I found out the hard way. But as long as you set it up as J2534 pass-through, you will be fine.
Sponsored

Last edited:

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Are you able to flash a module with its existing “as built” even if it’s not up for an update in FDRS?

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Are you able to flash a module with its existing “as built” even if it’s not up for an update in FDRS?
Some modules (not sure if all) have a PMI (Programable Module Installation) feature, which allows you to “program” a module device that was supposedly replaced.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Some modules (not sure if all) have a PMI (Programable Module Installation) feature, which allows you to “program” a module device that was supposedly replaced.
Hmm. Do you know if that pulls a file or does the PMI process just pull the data from the existing module prior to swap? Basically having issues with my SCCM and need to reflash it. I have reprogrammed the strategy with forscan but doesn’t fix my issue. I need to wipe the asbuilt and flash the factory asbuilt on it. Also, thanks for the reply.

Sponsored

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Thanks. I have the factory abt. File for the module. I just need a way to flash it to the module. Wasn’t sure if FDRS lets you select an abt. File from your PC and flash to a module.

Edit:
Looks like you get a prompt that ask if the original module is still installed. If select no, it pulls the data. So should work for me. I’ll verify tomorrow and follow up.

Last edited:

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Hmm. Do you know if that pulls a file or does the PMI process just pull the data from the existing module prior to swap? Basically having issues with my SCCM and need to reflash it. I have reprogrammed the strategy with forscan but doesn’t fix my issue. I need to wipe the asbuilt and flash the factory asbuilt on it. Also, thanks for the reply.
I believe it pulls data from the module, as the FDRS clearly states that you need to “initiate a session” (and read modules) prior swapping given module and flash/configure it with the PMI function.

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Btw, I am having a weird DTC in my DDM that popped up after flashing it:

Ford F-150 How to find latest version of OTA SYNC4 Updates? 1642131531944

I tried to reflash, reconfigure it multiple times but I just can’t clear this DTC. No configuration changes have been done to this module using ForScan or any other tool.

Anyone has an idea how to clear this ?

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Btw, I am having a weird DTC in my DDM that popped up after flashing it:

1642131531944.png

I tried to reflash, reconfigure it multiple times but I just can’t clear this DTC. No configuration changes have been done to this module using ForScan or any other tool.

Anyone has an idea how to clear this ?
What does the SSM say?

Sponsored

heffer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A
One more Important thing about this device:

DO NOT perform SW updates in VCM II emulation mode.

It bricked my GSM (Gear Shifting Module) when I tried to flash it in VCM II emulation mode. Luckily the J2534 pass-through mode could revive it and all is fine now. I found out the hard way. But as long as you set it up as J2534 pass-through, you will be fine.
In the process of setting up my VXDIAG/FDRS. Is this the place you need to make sure you have J2534 selected so it's not in VCM ll emulation?

Ford F-150 How to find latest version of OTA SYNC4 Updates? 1642135978373

heffer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A
Well I got my VXDIAG in, purchased my two day FDRS license. I decided to update my APIM first. Everything went fine with the VXDIAG device. Downloaded all the files to the flash drive. Started the truck and the update began. After about 15-20 minutes I had a message "Restart to complete update". Great I thought. I restarted the truck and after a few moments the same message came up. I did it about 6 times before I gave up. I started the process all over and the same result. Anyone else get this restart loop?

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
When it says “restart the truck”, you need to shut it down completely. That means, ignition off, open and close drivers door. Then wait 10 minutes (this is the important step)!!

let me know how it goes

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
I also have been using the above vdiag module and FDRS. I have been trying to revive my SCCM but have not had any luck. Basically same results as forscan was giving me.
Sponsored