Sponsored

Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others?

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Yeah. Pretty much told me that. Non-warranted. I provided them with pictures of all of the rust AND video of the exhaust. Just kind of waiting now for the dam to break and get an official mea culpa from Ford Corporate.
Damn bro. That’s so rotten of them. Hopefully you will get something in return and super hopefully some nasty shit happens to that dealership.
Sponsored

HMG2Ford

First Name
Mic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 Ford F150 Lariat ... 2017 Infiniti Q60S
Occupation
Retired
Mr. NY Cowboy, this is a crappy deal without a doubt.
The muffler and exhaust pipe deterioration is just strange.
Have you contacted/visited a custom muffler shop to see if this is consistent for these materials or what type of foreign material came in contact with these parts to cause this effect?

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
Mr. NY Cowboy, this is a crappy deal without a doubt.
The muffler and exhaust pipe deterioration is just strange.
Have you contacted/visited a custom muffler shop to see if this is consistent for these materials or what type of foreign material came in contact with these parts to cause this effect?
I am in Maimi a third world city there is no one that would know what they are looking at... this is not an issue of what or even when only replacement truck or see them all in court...in court I am very, very confident the facts will win out, Ford or the Dealer will loose way more than I do, my tens of thousands of dollars legal fees will be be paid by the looser because that is law here in FL... statute 57.105 for an unsupported defense and I may go out buy another truck and have this sit on the driveway till the case ends in court whenever that may be. I am not that mad just really Pissed Off that my new truck is hunk of junk from junk yard..... Oh yes I would buy another one but first look under the truck to see if is right or not. My current new truck is not right.

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
I am in Maimi a third world city there is no one that would know what they are looking at... this is not an issue of what or even when only replacement truck or see them all in court...in court I am very, very confident the facts will win out, Ford or the Dealer will loose way more than I do, my tens of thousands of dollars legal fees will be be paid by the looser because that is law here in FL... statute 57.105 for an unsupported defense and I may go out buy another truck and have this sit on the driveway till the case ends in court whenever that may be. I am not that mad just really Pissed Off that my new truck is hunk of junk from junk yard..... Oh yes I would buy another one but first look under the truck to see if is right or not. My current new truck is not right.
Did the dealership express any opinion? Or just say that they are opening a case with Ford?

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Did the dealership express any opinion? Or just say that they are opening a case with Ford?
The GM of the dealership at least took a look, but tried to distance himself from the issue and like it really is not an issue at all. Was not impressed with his attitude but will have to see how this plays out. Give it a week write letter then hire the law firm and playball.

Sponsored

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
Damn bro. That’s so rotten of them. Hopefully you will get something in return and super hopefully some nasty shit happens to that dealership.
Not placing this on the dealer, who has been super helpful. This is all Ford Corporate. Until Detroit allows for dealers to effect a “cure”, nothing is going to happen.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Not placing this on the dealer, who has been super helpful. This is all Ford Corporate. Until Detroit allows for dealers to effect a “cure”, nothing is going to happen.
My mistake. I thought they were the ones to shut you down. At least you got a nice dealership. Those are becoming quite rare, at least in my area. Best wishes with your truck.

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
It is on the dealer as they are the ones that made the sale of a defective and "damaged" product. The dealer may need to make arrangements with factory warranty issues but this in my opinion is not a warranty issue but a "Defective" issue which needs replacement of the entire product not the components.

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
Got off the phone with the dealer and they will be cutting me a cheque for my deposit.

So glad I found this forum before I took delivery.
Ford won't change anything until more people do this........

Sponsored

Yeti1

First Name
DUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150
I did not take delivery on mine. They are shooting the back of the rear differential to make it pretty, then there was the front...

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
Not sure if this was posted previously, but attached is a pdf of the story from the Detroit Free Press which ran a few weeks ago.

Ford has a huge recall coming for the trucks due to the windshield replacement requirement and inferior bonding. The new CEO is doing everything he can from a public image point of view to change the culture at the company. You can bet that stories about customers being unhappy, and a big recall on a very difficult to replace item, has him burping up his corn flakes in the morning.

I'm not going to forget the condition of my truck. Is it partially my fault for not noticing at time of delivery? Yes. Of course it is and shame on me for being an early adopter. But shouldn't I have been able to expect that Ford wouldn't deliver a vehicle where some of the mechanical parts looked like they have been sitting exposed to environmental elements for a couple of years prior to build? For $75,000, I don't think that was an unreasonable expectation.

I'm not blaming my dealer, Granger Ford, or Albert. Once we discovered the issue and started discussing with other members of this Forum, Albert and his GM pestered the hell out of their regional Ford corporate rep, who continued to come back with "non-mechanical, cosmetic, therefore non-warranty" company line.

Something is going to give. More people need to complain. Maybe we can get this addressed when we're all getting new windshields in April/May.

Attachments

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Not sure if this was posted previously, but attached is a pdf of the story from the Detroit Free Press which ran a few weeks ago.
I love that as soon as you open the article the first thing at the top is a Buick ad... :ROFLMAO:

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Got off the phone with the dealer and they will be cutting me a cheque for my deposit.

So glad I found this forum before I took delivery.
That's not enough, they'll just sell it to someone else, need to raise hell on social media

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
That's not enough, they'll just sell it to someone else, need to raise hell on social media
YouTube
Facebook
etc etc
Make the videos and take the pics - post them and have everyone you know share them
Sponsored