Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My 2022 Platinum F150 Powerboost with 25k miles is making a similar noise. It's been to the dealership twice. The first time they told me nothing was wrong and the second time they replaced the brakes. Now that they replaced the brakes the noise is worse. I am going on an extended road trip... the dealership assured me that my truck is "mechanically sound."

This is the third significant mechanical issue I have had with this truck - windshield wiper motor went out during a storm and the heat exchangers went out a few months earlier.
Hey there, John! Can you please send me a DM with your VIN and dealer name/location so I can look into this squealing noise concern for you? I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist! To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".
Sponsored

plancjo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
RE
Hey there, John! Can you please send me a DM with your VIN and dealer name/location so I can look into this squealing noise concern for you? I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist! To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

lilburnedbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Crew Cab Powerboost
Occupation
Underwriter
I have had the same problem on my 2021 PB for a few weeks. Dealer couldnt find it immediatetly but am scheduled to bring back in on 7/26 but now i have an issue with a squeal off brake and under load. Thinking i need to bring in sooner.

lilburnedbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Underwriter
Went searching forums and found this little dandy hanging out under my rear wheel cap.

Ford F-150 2021 f150 powerboost rear end squeeling Passenger rear axle bolt

Driver rear bolt/washer was missing altogether.
Ford F-150 2021 f150 powerboost rear end squeeling Driver rear axle bolt (missing)

FoMoCo is this a TSB/warranty issue? Seems to be an issue with PB with the max tow package alot.

greenmtn41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch Powerboost 5.5'
Same issue with a 2022 King Ranch F-150 Powerboost with 17,944 miles. Already had the rear passenger side axle bolt replaced after it snapped off at 8,000 miles, similar to the previous post. Was told by a Ford dealer twice that they "could not replicate" the squealing noise and therefore couldn't diagnose an issue. At low speeds it is clearly audible with the windows down.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Same issue with a 2022 King Ranch F-150 Powerboost with 17,944 miles. Already had the rear passenger side axle bolt replaced after it snapped off at 8,000 miles, similar to the previous post. Was told by a Ford dealer twice that they "could not replicate" the squealing noise and therefore couldn't diagnose an issue. At low speeds it is clearly audible with the windows down.
Hey there. I can look into your F-150’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

lilburnedbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Underwriter
My truck is having the CSP22B34 work done to it on both sides. Attached is the current iteration of the CSP. Not alot of new info in the amended doc but my service advisor believes that this (replacing with same original parts) is an interim step until FoMoCo can replace the axles with an improved design. We'll see...

SA also noted that 2 other F150 both with Max Tow had been brought in within the same time period as mine for the same issue.

Attachments

greenmtn41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch Powerboost 5.5'
Update as of 7/20/23: Truck has been at a Ford dealership since Monday and just received a call saying the "issue could not be reproduced" even though I have a dozen recordings of squealing which is not possible to ignore. Sample attached (sound up).

Chris Stutz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost XLT
Occupation
Military
Hello All!

First time on this forum. I have the same problem as listed in previous posts! Hi pitched creaking sound coming from the back of the truck. This issue just started on my truck, is anyone having issues towing or driving? I mean other than having a really annoying sound? I am living in the middle of Alaska so it is difficult to get the vehicle scheduled at the Ford Dealership several hundred miles away.

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored

Hokiehunter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 pb
Occupation
Engineer
Hey there. I can look into your F-150’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
I have the same issue and just sent you a private message. Mine is an '21 that I got from the dealership last year with 31k miles and the squealing has gotten worse since December.

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"

Attachments

lamy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT PowerBoost
I have a 2021 Powerboost XLT with Max Tow, and I've been having this issue off and on for the past year with it getting worse over the past week. My dealership is always a month out before they can even do a diagnostic, so I am forced to drive it right now, waking up my neighbors. I feel like I'm in high school again, driving my first car we called "the whale" because the power steering pump was going out and it made a loud whale call whenever I turned.

On top of this, I've gone through 3 rear axle bolts at this point. I've never had a new vehicle have this many issues. I guess it is my fault for buying 1st gen Powerboost.

PortATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
2021 powerboost with max tow, 35k miles, same story. Terrible squealing noise at low speeds, but only noticed it with windows down this past weekend. Found the bolt just laying in the hub - yikes. Had just done a 5,000 mile road trip towing a trailer.

Took to dealer, waiting to hear what the eta is on parts/fix.

Photo/video:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Interesting photo. It seems many/most sheared at the shoulder, and so I assumed the force was exerted there.
But yours reveals that possibly the entire threaded shank of the bolt is potentially "injured" during/after assembly?

And considering as much threads as there is from the severed point to the washer/shoulder, I would have thought that the portion of the bolt left in the axle would have been further into the axle?
Sponsored