Sponsored

Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others?

gartzspeed

First Name
Gardiner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Boxster Spyder, 2019 Honda Accord
That's not enough, they'll just sell it to someone else, need to raise hell on social media
I posted the pics on my personal FB page and on the Car and Driver FB article.

And you are absolutely correct, I expect they will have it sold by the weekend with the shortage going on.
Sponsored

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
That's not enough, they'll just sell it to someone else, need to raise hell on social media
When they continue to sell these trucks with known issues then it becomes a fraud with criminal intent, and people will be charged with a crime. That alone may not fix this but a Class Action Lawsuit on behalf of all owners with this condition get new trucks or a very large portion of the cost back as a refund. When this is multiplied by "How Many" certainly hundreds maybe thousands of trucks & owners affected; that will put a damper not only them, but the stock price along with millions of stock holders when they find out that Ford can't even make their best product correctly, then there will be some action.

Anyone affected want to join the Class Action Lawsuit send me your info to: [email protected]

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
I posted the pics on my personal FB page and on the Car and Driver FB article.

And you are absolutely correct, I expect they will have it sold by the weekend with the shortage going on.
Did you post the photos of the rust corrosion issue here?

BigTex22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Before I purchased my F150, I was on the Bronco list. They just released the first production Bronco off the assembly line today, along with pictures from a walk around of the vehicle. Of course, the rear end is clean as a whistle. Ford can deliver rust free vehicles if they choose to.

Ford F-150 Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others? 63A07C4D-1BA5-4220-8158-15D383F5181C

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Makes me wonder how the people on the assembly line felt about this? I'm sure most weren't too happy installing these rusty parts. Too bad most everyone needs a job so badly nowadays that it's hard to complain without getting crap back from management. Yet where is the union to backup workers who say How Do You Expect Me To Take Pride In My Work When You Make Me Send This Crap Out? Should be a button to push or handle to pull to stop the line and force them to properly address these faulty parts and even if there was such a thing who would have to the balls to do it? Thought years ago the major 3 got together with the unions and decided to make quality control committees that get to together on a regular basis to address this sort of thing.

Sponsored

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Makes me wonder how the people on the assembly line felt about this? I'm sure most weren't too happy installing these rusty parts. Too bad most everyone needs a job so badly nowadays that it's hard to complain without getting crap back from management. Yet where is the union to backup workers who say How Do You Expect Me To Take Pride In My Work When You Make Me Send This Crap Out? Should be a button to push or handle to pull to stop the line and force them to properly address these faulty parts and even if there was such a thing who would have to the balls to do it? Thought years ago the major 3 got together with the unions and decided to make quality control committees that get to together on a regular basis to address this sort of thing.
This is ford broski, not Bugatti. There are no balls or unions or quality control over here.

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
This is ford broski, not Bugatti. There are no balls or unions or quality control over here.
Yeah most unions just aren't what they used to be but pretty sure the UAW still represents the plant workers at Ford, GMC & Stellantis (Formally Chrysler Corp)

jsager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
Retired
Tundra plant in Texas is non-union. Hmmm....

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Tundra plant in Texas is non-union. Hmmm....
Yep last time I checked (about 2 years ago) none of the foreign car manufacturers in the US are union.

Sponsored

mdmeints

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Explorer, 2008 Sea Ray
Occupation
Retired
Just sent mine into the shop, I submitted a case and Ford is repairing it. I will then use a good amount of Fluid Film to keep it from happening again.

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
Just sent mine into the shop, I submitted a case and Ford is repairing it. I will then use a good amount of Fluid Film to keep it from happening again.
You may be the first person on this Forum to have a truck in which Ford agreed to fix the rust issue.
Could you share some more information on your case, dealer, etc?

mdmeints

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Explorer, 2008 Sea Ray
Occupation
Retired
You may be the first person on this Forum to have a truck in which Ford agreed to fix the rust issue.
Could you share some more information on your case, dealer, etc?

I called Ford customer care and explained that I just spent $$$$ for a new vehicle and in 4 weeks the axle rusted, I enclosed pictures and they gave me a case number and contacted my dealer. The next day the dealer service department called me and set the appointment. I was nice but did not allow them to say "no".

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
I also have a dealer "fix" lined up. Made the arrangements before purchasing the truck off the lot 10 days ago. Also waiting on a replacement part (unrelated) and will get it all done at the same time. Mine was at Grand Prairie Ford in Texas. No details as of yet but will provide upon getting work done.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I made a comment on a Ford sponsored ad on social media earlier this week that if my truck arrives from the factory looking anything less than a new truck, I will not be taking it, better be rust free. Someone reached out to me and I now have a case number. I don't even have a vin yet.?‍♂

Hopefully Ford gets the hint and fixes this at the source of the problem, having these touched up at the dealer is just a bandaid.
Sponsored